Author Topic: The Next Console Generation Will Be The Last...... Except For Nintendo  (Read 11927 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
I just don't think we're ready yet for streaming games. Maybe NES and SNES games. I could see those being streamed as the amount of data/processing they require is incredibly small. Even then maybe a temporary cache of game data works better. Certain part of the world you could have bigger games streamed. I'd rather see something like that 15 years down the line when it is possible for it to be seamless. Imagine having a service where there is any number of games you can play and all you have to do is select it and you're playing it immediately. That would be fantastic. The only problem you would have is the occasional net outage, or having too many games to choose from to play.

If I remember correctly a bunch of the Ouya people were ex google employees too. I imagine that provided a bunch of dry run data for a serious outing. That's if they got reabsorbed into Google. I imagine if Google is making a console then those would be prime re-hires.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Console Generation Will Be The Last...... Except For Nintendo
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2019, 11:48:33 PM »
I should change my username to Nostrapermis. But that was sooner than I anticipated.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:57:22 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Console Generation Will Be The Last...... Except For Nintendo
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2019, 03:46:59 AM »
Enter the Stadia!

I tried Google's Project Stream early in the year and was impressed with its functionality on cable internet in a major American city. However, I tried it on a kinda junky and old Toshiba laptop with an AMD APU and the streaming struggled under the old chips.