Author Topic: IGN,GameSpot: Canceled Star Wars Wii Game's Lightsaber Duels+Trench Run Footage  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Parallax Scroll

• Score: 0
    • View Profile

I didn't see this posted here....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-the-canceled-star-wars-wii-games-lightsaber-/1100-6422929/

Watch the Canceled Star Wars Wii Game's Lightsaber Duels and Trench Run

Factor 5's canceled Star Wars game wouldn't have lacked for variety.
by Chris Pereira on October 13, 2014

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/13/star-wars-rogue-leaders-wii-trailer

Footage has emerged of the canceled Star Wars game for Wii from Factor 5, showcasing the game's lightsaber fighting and much more.

We recently learned about a number of canceled Star Wars projects that were in the works at Factor 5, best known for the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series. This included a Wii collection originally intended for release on Xbox that brought together the Rogue Squadron games (including Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike) and added new content. Two videos of this collection have been shared with IGN by an anonymous source, which you can watch above and below.

The video above highlights the variety of things you'd be doing in the game--a Death Star trench run, taking down AT-ATs, and so on. Based on what we see, the game certainly wouldn't have been lacking for variety.
The video below focuses on the lightsaber duels, which are extremely reminiscent of the sword play minigame in Wii Sports Resort. In a sequence that would make some LucasArts exec's head explode, considering all games are now canon, these duels include a fight against Darth Vader, who ends up frozen in carbonite, Han Solo-style.

Lightsaber gameplay would be made possible through the use of the then-new Wii Remote Plus technology. Other areas of the game would offer control schemes that used other peripherals, like a Wii Wheel/Wii balance board combination for flying an X-Wing.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/13/star-wars-rogue-leader-saber-dueling-trailer

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
I'm still very sad that Factor 5 is no more. They were one of my favorite devs.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I knew there had to be footage of the game floating around! This makes it more believable that eventually we could see a complete rom dump pop up online and then the Wii homebrew community could have a blast getting it rolling on Wii systems (and hopefully in Wii U's Wii Mode).
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I don't have Rogue Squadron II and III so that collection would have been good for me.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
Seriously, that would be printing money for everyone involved.  How in the world did that not get released?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Seriously, that would be printing money for everyone involved.  How in the world did that not get released?

The revolving door of executives, creatives, and other staff at Lucasarts created enough turmoil to grind projects to a halt. A real shame since this Rogue Squadron compilation would have been a great thing to have on the Wii.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I actually pulled out Rogue Leader and played it in the last couple days and it is truly stunning how good that game looks. Nearing Wind Waker's "just take the same thing and render it in 1080p and it'll be amazing" level. Factor 5 was as good at getting performance out of the GameCube as they were bad at anything involving being on-foot.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

I actually pulled out Rogue Leader and played it in the last couple days and it is truly stunning how good that game looks. Nearing Wind Waker's "just take the same thing and render it in 1080p and it'll be amazing" level. Factor 5 was as good at getting performance out of the GameCube as they were bad at anything involving being on-foot.

Rogue Leader was the game that made me both glad, and sad to own a Game Cube, glad because it was one hell of a game, sad because damn it nobody else could get the Game Cube to do what they could.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Good, look how the kinect version turned out;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J5mkoCiuzs

Made you look ****.

The revolving door of executives, creatives, and other staff at Lucasarts created enough turmoil to grind projects to a halt. A real shame since this Rogue Squadron compilation would have been a great thing to have on the Wii.

my brother in law used to work for Lucas Arts for a short time. It wasn't very long as he said people were always coming and going and nothing ever got done.
Trying to be a better person, honest.