Author Topic: NBA 2K18 Does Not Support Amiibo; Issue With Legend Gold Edition On eShop Resolved  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

8-Bit Mario is a DNP (Old)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/45451/nba-2k18-does-not-support-amiibo-issue-with-legend-gold-edition-on-eshop-resolved

Despite original statements to the contrary, NBA 2K18 does not have Amiibo support.

The digital version of the basketball simulation launched today on the eShop without Amiibo support as was previously rumored. A statement at a pre-release event also claimed the support would be available.

An issue with the game's Legend Gold (most expensive) edition in some countries has been resolved. Most notably found in Canada, the game's converted price tag of C$199.99 plus 5 - 15% sales tax (depending on the province) was preventing the game from being bought directly on the system due to the $200 eShop limit. The error has been resolved, and the web storefront was not affected.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
I had no idea that there was a price limit on the eShop LOL, can't imagine it normally ever being an issue.

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
So am I the only person playing this game on the Switch?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Waiting for the physical version myself. We do have someone playing the game for review which should be available soon.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I bought it but haven't played it yet. And given how many Switch games I've bought and haven't played, and how many I intend to buy in the immediate future, I'm not sure when I'll actually get to this one.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I knew about the $200 limit for storing currency on the eShop, but I didn't think any game price would ever exceed it. That's a rather ridiculous price for a basketball game, ha ha.