Author Topic: Mafia 82: Resident Evil Mafia Day 2... You got a problem with death?  (Read 102054 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Story
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia 82: Resident Evil Mafia Day 2... You got a problem with death?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:31:39 AM »
Results
Stevey was voted out. He was the Mafia Godfather/Neopolitan Oswald Spencer.
Pokepal148 was killed by HUNK. Pokepal148 was the Universal Backup/ Double Vote Leon S Kennedy. Pokepal148 had the Progenitor Virus but had to live through the night for its effects to take hold. 
Mop it up was hit by the Mafia who was a normal townie.
ShyGuy was attacked by the Strongman but it was ineffective.

Things to keep in mind for today.

The day thread will stay open for 48 hours or when majority vote is reached. 7 players voting for the same person will trigger majority for today. 

Players must vote once every three game days. I will note who needs to vote once the 3rd day comes around. If you do not vote once every three days you will die once that third day has passed due to inactivity.

G virus is dorment already in a few players and will activate upon their deaths but there is a work around. A few players with the dorment G virus has done what needs to be done but they need to do it a bit more. If you happen to complete said task to recover I will let you know that you are cured via PM.

The Progenitor Virus is once again inside someone and if they survive the night they will have those effects.

One other virus will happen today and said player will be informed of how to cure it via PM and will have to complete said task if they choose to do so.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:57:37 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »
Okay all virus info and Night action results are in to their respective parties.  And with that the 48 hours will start now.

I know this is a lot to take in but if you have any questions ask in the thread.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:40:24 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »
Wow!

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »
That's some nice luck on the random vote there. Now my curiosity goes to whether mafia attempted to make a spread tie vote to save stevey or start a wagon otherwise to begin with. Lucario propping a second vote on Streef and MASB doing the same to Stratos can potentially narrow things down, with Mop and Khush starting both of those initial votes. Mop flipped town, leaving the other three. I would find it hard to believe if no one made an effort to stop stevey from a possible rand.

15 total player count and the day ended with only 6 votes, with oohhboy, Perm, and Steef being no-shows.

vote MASB

Gonna poke around here for now.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:51:22 AM by Silenced »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 02:58:54 PM »
Sorry, sorry, I was still languishing over my recent role in the Hellboy reboot none of y'all nerds saw or even gave a good Amazon review for when it hit DVD.
Will read up on the threads now!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
Hey folks I received a question about the Daylight Serum.   In the question this person asked if using the Daylight serum can cause immunity to the person going forward and I said yes it can since the serums come less and less as the days goes on since folks are dying. However the Daylight Serum can bring immunity to the T, G, or T-Veronica Virus only so any other viruses that come up you will have to do the tasks or suffer the consequences. 

The serum works across the board so if you think you have the G virus and for whatever reason want to switch sides upon you death you shouldn't use the Daylight Serum.  If however you want to be immune from the other two viruses going forward go ahead and use it by PMing me if you have one and saying you want to use it. 

Be sure to look at the virus effects before making this choice as some of the effects may be beneficial to you.

That is all everyone.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 04:18:48 PM »
Man, there are a lot of rules to the game.  Tough to keep track of who is what and who has which virus (just like the dating scene, am I right folks?)

I like Silenced's strategy of trying to draw out the mafia based on yesterday's vote.  Will wait a bit and see what pops up.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »
Alright, the last time I made a gambit like this it completely backfired in my face. But I want to have fun and this is getting very inactive.

So basically, yesterday's vote makes me look confirmed town and I might easily die this coming night. If the doc wants to lend me a hand and slide into my messages, this game will get solved that much faster.

Considering no one seems to be up to playing much--and to be fair, this days are very short relative to other forums I've used--I don't have much to go off of here. I'm one of the unfortunate vanilla town in this game with zero roles or abilities to my name, so this is the best play I've got.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 06:06:10 PM »
My running theory is mafia tried to potentially divert attention from the stevey rand, but it failed due to inactivity--keep in mind a lot of people either didn't vote or check in Day 1. Only 6 votes ended the day.

Mafia being inactive in this situation basically stacks the deck against me because there's no discernible alignment to be discovered between an inactive town and an inactive mafia.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 08:56:02 PM »
Did Mop it up's vote for Stratos on Day 1 not count since it wasn't in bold? Seems like Stratos should have had 3 votes.

EDIT: Probably not since there is a note in the rules about bolding one's vote. Maybe next game Mop it up will finally be able to even make a vote in a mafia game and be able to play in one that way.

Not sure why Silenced didn't mention Stratos as also being one of the absentee players. Protecting a fellow mafia member while throwing out names of other townies to go after instead?  :o

I'll stick with my Stratos vote from yesterday.

un-Vote Stratos
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 02:20:38 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 09:29:54 PM »
Yeah the vote has to be bold or it wouldn't count.  If Mop it up had two votes posted but none bolded then I probably would have bugged her since I wouldn't be sure of her intent. 

Also I hope I didn't scare everyone away with all these different rules for the game.  I am reminded of something Khushrenada said to me one game we were playing and that was something along the lines of... if it is not important to figuring out the end of the game is it important right now?  Basically to put it another way. If you don't have a virus or different item it doesn't matter to you right now but how you can figure out the game and what possible role one might have to put the pieces together and how to overcome that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 09:45:45 PM »
If you're actually considering me for mafia here, I'm going to have to rethink voting MASB.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 11:21:32 PM »
I'm tempted to vote for Kushrenada for reasons that should be obvious, but between him and Silenced, I dunno who to trust. :(

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 11:26:00 PM »
Just reading up on the virus rules. Did Shyguy have an unkillable virus? or was he protected by something else?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 11:37:58 PM »
Just reading up on the virus rules. Did Shyguy have an unkillable virus? or was he protected by something else?
I can say that the viruses for the first day if not cured would have gone into effect today the second day so he did have something that protected him that wasn't a virus.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 11:50:31 PM »
I can say that the viruses for the first day if not cured would have gone into effect today the second day so he did have something that protected him that wasn't a virus.

Ah, thank you!

So, Shyguy either is or knows who is the doctor? What a twist!

There's a doctor, right?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 12:07:28 AM »
Yes there is a doctor.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 12:17:51 AM »
Leon? Leon!! I told him ballistics were dangerous. Especially blondes.

I just wanted to see a triple tie since I don't know if that had happened before in a mafia. No real motive beyond that. Though with stevey having to be voted out by the Double Voter, it makes me wonder if this was at the behest of a certain mod, a continuation of the vedetta as old as time, Beauty and The Beast, I mean, Skeletor and He-Man, uh, that is stevey and Khushrenada.

As for Steefosaurus, I love you baby! But unless the Hellboy is Ron Perlman, I'm not interested. I'll be there for your starring turn in Monster Hunter, I promise!

A girl's gotta protect her back, especially when she's out of her deep-diving suit, so I'm provisionally voting Silence. I'm willing to change my vote if Silence changes theirs or someone comes up with a good argument for voting for someone else.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 12:52:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure that's happened before, but the way this game is going, there might be another!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 01:35:06 AM »
If you're actually considering me for mafia here, I'm going to have to rethink voting MASB.

Ooooooo, a threat. Guess that will keep me and all the other players in line now. Silenced will vote against you if you disagree.I think you forget with whom you are playing against.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 01:42:17 AM »
I'm tempted to vote for Kushrenada for reasons that should be obvious,

Yeah, the obvious reason is that you don't know how to spell my name and everyone can see that thus making you look bad on these forums.

I can't believe you are still wanting to vote for me after I defended you on Discord when pokepal was suggesting about making you the target of the Day 1 vote. I quote:

Pokepal - "For the vote, I'm thinking if you're interested we just pounce on Nickmitch if we're going that route. Casting suspicion on just one person but than finding an excuse not to cast a vote on them is always a suspicious move to me."

Khushrenada - "I don't know. nickmitch is always throwing shade on me every game and calling me mafia but then he usually ends up being a townie. I was going to let him be for now."

So, yes. Thanks to me, pokepal went after Stevey instead thus taking out the godfather while also letting you, nickmitch, stay alive in this game. I think that should settle the matter of who to trust now, buddy boy. I may be Death but vote with me if you want to live.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 02:33:21 AM »
Lets see..

Vote Tally:

MASB-1
Stratos-1
Silenced-1

Heading the bed. I should be up to check PMs and the thread for questions in the morning and mid afternoon but I have something around 4:30pm  AZ time and it lasts 2 hours so I should be back home around 7:00-7:15pm. I will have my cell phone with me but I may be too busy to check PMs during that time so act accordingly.  Night everyone.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 07:18:17 AM »

Ooooooo, a threat. Guess that will keep me and all the other players in line now. Silenced will vote against you if you disagree.I think you forget with whom you are playing against.

If you disagree, then let's disagree and have a discussion. Tossing a read my way in passing, well, that might be worth a paddlin'.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 07:19:44 AM »
Leon? Leon!! I told him ballistics were dangerous. Especially blondes.

I just wanted to see a triple tie since I don't know if that had happened before in a mafia. No real motive beyond that. Though with stevey having to be voted out by the Double Voter, it makes me wonder if this was at the behest of a certain mod, a continuation of the vedetta as old as time, Beauty and The Beast, I mean, Skeletor and He-Man, uh, that is stevey and Khushrenada.

As for Steefosaurus, I love you baby! But unless the Hellboy is Ron Perlman, I'm not interested. I'll be there for your starring turn in Monster Hunter, I promise!

A girl's gotta protect her back, especially when she's out of her deep-diving suit, so I'm provisionally voting Silence. I'm willing to change my vote if Silence changes theirs or someone comes up with a good argument for voting for someone else.

Do you suspect me?