Author Topic: Cave Story WiiWare  (Read 25294 times)

Offline Bboy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Cave Story WiiWare
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2010, 03:22:57 AM »
I think I'm screwed.  Is it possible to get back to to the farm after you've saved in the upper portion (after rocketing past the instant death traps)?  As far as I can tell, it's not, which means I can't go back to get the more powerful weapon.  :(

I beat the doctor's second form but I have so little health I can barely scratch the final (?) boss.

Out of curiosity, how much HP should I have at this point?  Mine's 45.
I just beat it with 45 health. I don't really have any pointers, for me it just took practice until I had all of the bosses patterns down, including the last one. Eventually I just got to the final boss with 39/45 health, and it worked.
Also, if you go into the extra modes for WiiWare you can test out all of the possible weapons, and I have to say, as much as I love the Machine Gun's recoil, the Spur is the perfect weapon for me. My one problem in the game is that I feel the need to always have fully powered up weapons, and if one of my weapons is on the 2nd level, I'm just not going to use it until I can fill it up. The problem with this is that I feel the need to grind for those little triangles or for health, which can be frustrating. The spur on the other hand, totally eliminates that problem, with the charge. So, I can't wait to replay it to get the spur, which is saying something seeing as I just beat it.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »
I beat the game this morning with what I assume is the normal ending (Curly's dead).  Thanks for the help everyone!  The final boss became a lot easier once I realized I could use the constantly spawning enemies to harvest health and missiles.

So ... what do I need to do to get the good ending?  How do I save Curly?  There are a few other things that I know I can do on my next play through--namely, keep the Polar star until I can trade it at the end of the game, skip the Booster 0.8 and hold out for the Booster 2.0, rescue Mr. Little and figure out what's in that locked chest in the Outer Wall.  Anything else?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline rbtr

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »
If you guys think the doctor is hard, I can't wait till you see the actual final boss.  The final area is called "hell", and its for a good reason!

I need to get this.  It's be much easier with a controller, rather than a keyboard.  And It's been so long since I initially played it I've forgotten enough.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2010, 10:46:29 PM »

Congrats on beating the game!!  Even though the "good ending" isn't awesome, it's still pretty epic and a satisfying conclusion IMO.

How do I save Curly?

I don't know how to get the good ending yet (that's still a work in progress) but can maybe help with this question.
1st Hint: If you leave the water-filled room without her, it's too late to get back in.
2nd Hint: You don't need to bring anything special into that room to save her...
3rd Hint: ...but you do need an item found in that room to get her out, and even then your work to save her isn't quite done.
Big time spoiler: Find the tow rope in the bottom-right of the room where you battle the core before fighting the boss.  This will let you carry Curly out with you.  Then as you are escaping from the Labyrinth, there is a difficult to reach room that you have to enter in the underwater section with all the jetstreams - stay close to the top and quickly jump into the doorway that you see just before the boss.  Set Curly on the bed and check the computer a couple of times for instructions about how to revive her.

Of course, take that all with a grain of salt.  In my current game, I thought I saved Curly by following those steps, but then she drifted away after fighting that fish boss.  Now I don't know where she is!  Hopefully that's intentional and she'll show up later - the only thing I could (obviously) do differently is not get hit during the fish battle.
NNID: ejamer

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »
Just downloaded this game.   This is probably one of the best 2D action games I've ever played.  Awesome!
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »
i had allot of fun with the game but I thought the final boss was unbearable. I beat it but it put me off from playing the game because it was so unforgiving and brutal

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »
I actually got stuck on the "lots of giant eyes that spit blue sperm at you while the water level constantly changes" boss and haven't gone back.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »
Just got this game. Like everyone says, it is awesome and you should go buy it ASAP.

On my second play-through now... :D I've had non-gamer tendencies lately, but this brought me right back to my SNES days.

I have to echo everyone else's sentiments about the final battle bossES for the losses, but it WAS super satisfying to finally best that jerk doctor. I actually kept Sue's annoying mutated self alive for the entire thing, just in case my killing her would kill her for good, just like poor Toroko. :'(

Also, there were flower petals in Arthur's house. Was he the mimiga hero because... he was 'roid raging?!? =o
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)