Author Topic: Timetable for Nintendo DS/GBA Media Player  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Timetable for Nintendo DS/GBA Media Player
« on: February 05, 2005, 04:25:23 AM »
So is there any official timetable for the release of the DS/GBA media player in the various territories?  (You would think that it would be before late March for the US)

I think being able to compose up your own video and music on SD cards is a huge feature and with the form factor of the GBA SP be very easy to sell in commercials.

(Hopefully the software they provide with the device will automatically adjust video to a resolution appropriate for the DS/GBA... that way you could fit a whole ton of it on a SD card)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Timetable for Nintendo DS/GBA Media Player
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 08:24:24 AM »
It comes out this month in Japan.  No announcements anywhere else as far as I know.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Noble~Feather

• DS Sp@Mm3r
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 08:49:11 AM »
I really hope Play-yan gets released in the states... the big advantage it has over PSP is that you can record things on it, and the music lasts 15 hours, as oppsed to the PSP's 8 hours.
This message has been approved by Noble Feather.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 09:32:41 AM »
I could use my DS as an MP3 player?
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Timetable for Nintendo DS/GBA Media Player
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 10:31:23 AM »

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 10:33:25 AM »
Yeah, Lik Sang has a third party product that does the same thing and is less restrictive on the formats too.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline DemonFox

• View Profile
RE:Timetable for Nintendo DS/GBA Media Player
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 11:42:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
Yeah, Lik Sang has a third party product that does the same thing and is less restrictive on the formats too.

Don't say that too loud... It can only play .GBS (sound) and .GBV (video). Yeah u can convert about everything to those but u WILL lose quality.

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 11:12:37 AM »
Well, if you're watching something on that small of a screen and probably somewhere in public, the quality doesnt really that matter. At least to me.

I have one of those things form Lik Sang, and it works great. Every once in a while the sound won't be synched up with the video, but that's not a huge deal.  Oh, and the fact that quality takes a hit really helps with fitting things on the card because it also reduces filesize. I personally would much rather have another episode of Family Guy on it then to have the other few be of extreme high quality. Plus, if your computer can play it, it will work on the movie player. Doesn't have to be MP4.  

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing