Author Topic: Official Naruto Manga Thread.  (Read 43206 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Official Naruto Manga Thread.
« on: August 25, 2007, 03:02:22 PM »
*WARNING*
If you keep up with the anime as it's released in Japan, then there will be spoilers, so stop reading now. This thread is intended for the manga readers because Sakura killing Sasori is taking too damn long. See? I just spoiled that whole fight. Congrats.

Anyway. HUGE bomb dropped this past issue. I was incredibly surprised. It was rumored for quite some time, and I assumed it myself, but it's great to finally have it confirmed. Also, Itachi vs. Sasuke is finally happening. Thank jeebus.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Official Naruto Manga Thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 03:06:57 PM »
I personally find it more interesting that Pain looks a hell of a lot like Naruto, so I wonder how that will pan out...

And the Itachi/Sasuke fight will end abruptly without finishing (if it even starts), because drawing out things to the ends of the Earth is what shonen series like Naruto is about... =3

Looking forward more to the eventual Kakashi VS Tobi fight!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 03:55:46 PM »
Probably the best manga ever.

I LOVE the "Well there's Kakashi . . ." - "That's a given" line for when they discuss the next hokage.

Edit: also Jiraya is going to die which is sad =( I hope Tsunade dies so that we can have Kakashi as hokage.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 04:08:03 PM »
"Probably the best manga ever."

The twists are too predictable and the fighting is pretty boring, so I can't agree with this, but thankfully the negatives are made up by some great character personalities and character interaction, which I consider to be the most important aspect of a manga...

"Edit: also Jiraya is going to die which is sad =("

Let's face it, by the time all is said and done with, a LOT of major characters are going to be dead... =)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
RE:Official Naruto Manga Thread.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
"Probably the best manga ever."

The twists are too predictable and the fighting is pretty boring, so I can't agree with this, but thankfully the negatives are made up by some great character personalities and character interaction, which I consider to be the most important aspect of a manga...

"Edit: also Jiraya is going to die which is sad =("

Let's face it, by the time all is said and done with, a LOT of major characters are going to be dead... =)

Bill you lost some face by saying the twists are predictable (some are but not all) and that the fighting is boring (good recovery on the compliments but still) . . . I dunno man I personally feel Naruto is the best manga ever written at this point in time.

Also I meant this particular manga was the best one but I shoulda phrased it as chapter sorry lol. Still I think Naruto is the best ever.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »
Sorry, I just hate how shonen manga takes a fight and drags it on for a dozen chapters... =3

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 07:24:34 PM »

Sorry, I just hate how shonen manga takes a fight and drags it on for a dozen chapters... =3

Yeah, then the fight gets predictable, too.  However, I don't generally read manga, either, so I'm not really one to talk.  I have read a lot of Bleach and Naruto, just because I'm impatient.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 07:29:17 PM »
Bleach is terrible, I stopped following bleach a long time ago . . .

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 03:23:41 AM »

Originally posted by: TVman
HUGE bomb dropped this past issue. I was incredibly surprised. It was rumored for quite some time, and I assumed it myself, but it's great to finally have it confirmed.

Huh? I read the last issue, what was so special about it?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 06:09:00 AM »
They finally said that the fourth was Naruto's father. It was about time, too. Also, Tobi having the Sharingan was a HUGE surprise out of no where. That was the least predictable twist in the whole series. He always came off as sort of incompetent, so it was out of nowhere. But other than that, I agree with Bill. The twists are easy to see, and fights are predictable. The problem with them is that you have two characters fighting to the death, and one is expendable, like Sasuke vs Deidara. I was pretty upset when they reused the same idea from when Kakashi fought Kakuzu. (ie, using Sharingan to see earth style seals and then using Chidori.)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 06:18:35 AM »
"Tobi having the Sharingan was a HUGE surprise out of no where. That was the least predictable twist in the whole series."

Nah, it was pretty predictable...  Remember Obito Uchiha? (Kakashi's former teammate)  Now watch as I take Tobi's name:  Tobitobitobitobito...Notice something? ='D

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 06:23:01 AM »
Yeah, once I saw that he had the Sharingan, I just figured it'd be him. I didn't notice the name thing though, good job on that one. Plus, it's his left eye.

EDIT: not acronym, the other thing. . .anagram! that's it. The way you explain it make the other 'o' seem negligible.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 06:24:39 AM »
The whole obito/tobi complex is interesting and I agree I knew he would have a sharingan bit I wasn't expecting him to be ANOTHER Uchiha and not Obito.

I don't see the fights as predictable like you guys do. Maybe in the outcome kinda but not in the execution.

The fights are generally well written and more than just "I'm stronger than him so I can win" sorrta thing and usually involves a big thought process to beat the enemy. That's why I like Naruto so much.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 06:27:12 AM »
Well some fights are decent enough, like Shikamaru's fight...But Naruto's fight against Kakuzu felt really rushed...A member of Akatsuki falling for a Bunshin switch-a-roo?  Meh!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 06:27:55 AM »
For me, though, it's the fact that he has one eye. Obito gave Kakashi his left and he has his right showing. (Did I say left in my last post? Oh well, I'm not editing it again.)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 06:29:28 AM »
Well, the main part of that fight was to show off Naruto's new Jutsu, and I think it got the job done in that aspect. But, you're right. The fight could've been more thought out like Shikimaru's fight.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 06:34:17 AM »
But Naruto doesn't have Shikamaru's smarts . . .

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 06:46:31 AM »
They've already established that Naruto is pretty tactical while in a fight as far back as when he fought Neji, so that's not a good excuse!

On another subject, one thing I just realized is that Pain not only looks like Naruto, but happens to be from a water-based country like Naruto's mother is...Seems like family of some sort for sure...

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 07:42:03 AM »

They've already established that Naruto is pretty tactical while in a fight as far back as when he fought Neji, so that's not a good excuse!

On another subject, one thing I just realized is that Pain not only looks like Naruto, but happens to be from a water-based country like Naruto's mother is...Seems like family of some sort for sure...

Well Naruto is tactical at times but . . . he isn't Shikamaru smart. Naruto as a ninja and a character just needs to become better . . . Naruto just sucks as a ninja and brute force isn't always going to win. I would love to see him learn some taijitsu and some more techniques. Which I am sure he will sometime in the future but for now he is still meh.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 07:50:55 AM »
It's simple:  Shikamaru fights his battles like a game of chess.  He's planned out three, four, five, or ten moves ahead.  He knows his opponent, knows all their options, and he forms strategies and counters to this.

Naruto goes into battle with a deluxe bag of tricks.  He decides things on the spot, and can notice and exploit immediate weaknesses and mistakes.  He's an instinctive fighter, but he's got excellent instinct.  He doesn't form a game plan for his fight, but he's able to execute any ability he wants to, because he's planned out the best way to perform his tricks as individual moves.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 07:53:17 AM »
Yeah but Naruto's deluxe bag of tricks has kinda dwindled as time has gone on

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 10:49:21 AM »
Yeah, Naruto keeps learning new, more powerful Jutsu based off Rasengan. I mean, he learned Rasengan, stepped that up to Odama Rasenga and then Fuuton Rasengan Shuriken. He needs more regular Jutsu to fight with and preferably another element. Water is a good possibility.

Also, I agree with Bill. Pain has to be related to Naruto. I think he might be his grandfather or at least uncle.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 06:36:42 AM »
the Tobi = Obito thing has been rumored since FOHEVAH, but I really doubt it's him since, you know, he was crushed by a giant rock... (if he is though, we totally need a Tobi-Kakashi fight...)

glad that we are finally getting to the Sasuke-Itachi fight... and that the 4th = Naruto's father was finally confirmed...

and it'd be really interesting if Naruto and Pain are relatives of some sort...
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 06:50:30 AM »
Well, he still could've survived the rock thing. The problem is that the evidence for the rumor is overwhelming. Names, aside, he has the Sharingan and a mask with a single eye hole. Also, there's the dark, spikey hair. If Tobi uses some fire type jutsu, then there's no way it couldn't be him. It's also possible that Tobi is some how connected to Obito, but who knows?
Also, when will the anime cover the Kakashi Gaiden story? They should've done that already because it discusses Kakashi's father who was mentioned when they arrived in the Sand Villiage. This must've been kind of confusing to anime viewers who aren't manga readers. I seriously demand an ova, movie or something.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 06:35:28 AM »
*Bump*
I'll try to bump this thread after I read the week's issue, but I'll probably wait because I'm lazy and in college. Anyway, it looks like Sasuke is uncharacteristically going to fight with Hebi. I figured they'd be engaged in something else for Sauske and Itatchi to have a nice one-on-one. It's still possible for this.
Also, Pain seems fully aware of Jiraya's infiltration. They'll probably start fighting in a few issues. I think the two fights will be sort of simultaneous, but not really. So, the question is: Is Jiraya's death really impending? And what will happen between Itatchi and Sauske? Also, the frog house trap was pretty neat looking.