Poll

How many games in the series have you beat?

Metroid
4 (6.8%)
Metroid II: Return of Samus
3 (5.1%)
Super Metroid
9 (15.3%)
Metroid Fusion
7 (11.9%)
Metroid Prime
6 (10.2%)
Metroid: Zero Mission
8 (13.6%)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
4 (6.8%)
Metroid Prime Pinball
1 (1.7%)
Metroid Prime Hunters
0 (0%)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
4 (6.8%)
Metroid: Other M
6 (10.2%)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
1 (1.7%)
Metroid: Samus Returns
6 (10.2%)
I've Completed Every Game Fully (The Few and the Proud)
0 (0%)
I've Never Finished/Played a Game in the Series (The Few and the Not-So-Proud)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 12, 2020, 09:30:40 PM

Author Topic: Run The Series 9: Metroid  (Read 201741 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Run The Series 9: Metroid
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2020, 07:26:40 PM »
Galactic Pinball > Metroid Pinball
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2020, 07:43:45 PM »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 08:29:35 PM »
Not sure if this is off-topic or not... but has anyone tried the Metroid mini-game included in Nintendo Land on Wii U?

I liked most of the games on that collection, but never actually got around to trying the Metroid one. Just never happened.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 08:44:50 PM »
How BeautifulShy managed Super Metroid in three hours is just bananas to me.

It took some time to figure out a good route after my inital 5 hour run.  I did use a few tricks in the game like using the grappling beam on Draggon, getting as many powerups and I needed but not an over abundance of them so I am going to find a E Tank that is somewhere where it would take more time than it was worth, and finding the quickest route to clear all 4 bosses.  I am no speed runner but I figured out where I needed to go next on the fly or map out where I needed to go before I started playing.  The 1 hour 15 min run was harder but more managable since I think I used Crystal Flashes a bit more and I had the knowledge of where things were and what was the best route for me.   
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2020, 08:05:23 AM »
Not sure if this is off-topic or not... but has anyone tried the Metroid mini-game included in Nintendo Land on Wii U?

I liked most of the games on that collection, but never actually got around to trying the Metroid one. Just never happened.

Metroid Blast is my favourite of the bunch, very fun in co-op. Gamepad player controls Samus' gunship, while the Wiimote gang plays as Mii Gunners.
You can fly over the Gunners and pick them up to drop them on different vantage points. The same mechanic is also used to save unarmed Miis from bosses/monsters.

That said, the game is more just a cooperative shooter than an essential Metroid experience. Blast foes and stay alive, no exploration and isolation.
They do lift some bosses from Metroid which are great and challenging, especially the final levels are really tough.
The Mii of forum user Phil kept getting eaten by Kraid no matter what I tried, very frustrating haha.