Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 214710 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing Trading & Frontier Justice League: 27 Items Left.
« Reply #600 on: August 16, 2014, 04:22:21 PM »
The Cicada Stereo was the first and, for a long time, only Bug Off item I had so I can copy mine for you. I have yet to get to the July Bug Off but I would think it would offer me the Spiderweb Clock when I get to it. It would make sense since there are 4 Bug-Offs from June - September so it would alternate back and forth during those times.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 18, 2014, 04:22:27 PM »
Just had a Crazy Redd visit. Only legitimate peice was a warm painting. Do you still need one Dan? I gave you a Scenic Painting already, right?

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »
Yes, I still need the Warm Painting! Hopefully you can still buy it.

Sure, we can just dupe the Cicada Stereo.

Nothing new to report over here. It's nice to not have to deal with Sahara any more.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2014, 11:38:06 PM »
I bought it even if you had it already. I want to get some art built up in case I can trade for the last 3 pieces I need. Once Redd is taken care of, things are really going to be on easy street. And do you want a copy of the Bronze Bug Trophy or do you just want to add it to your catalogue?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 26, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
My badge record as of last night:

So, in continuation of our discussion last night, Dan, things are a bit faster without having to worry about items. I also got the gold villager helper badge last night so I don't even have to stop and talk to my villagers or help them anymore which will further speed things up. Now, I can pretty much complete my day in 20 minutes. The only thing slowing me down is the second row of badges regarding medals and weeding.

As I outlined before, I have a system of going to the island and playing the Scavanger tour to get medals and replenish my flowers at the same time. This means I still have to take trips to the island once and awhile and I hate going only to find out the Scavanger tour isn't offered so I have to go back the next day and again until it is offered. Doing the tours and replenishing flower stock is the biggest slowdown I face. At this point, I'm tempted to just start skipping ahead a few days to get what I need but then all my flowers would wilt and disappear so I have to keep checking in daily to complete that task. Once it is over and I have all Redd's artwork, I can enact the Beautiful Town Ordinance and start skipping ahead all I want.

I'm frustrated by the grass wearing away though. I hate how just standing at a spot by rocks to check them for money wears away the grass. I can't get money without losing grass? That seems poorly designed. Anyways, my days now consist of digging up the day's fossils, assessing and selling them, finding the day's money rock, watering the hybrid flowers and picking weeds. I don't know why I bother with the money though since I have more than enough but its about 30,000 bells a day so it seems foolish to just pass it up. I suppose I could just start skipping it though and focus on bug and fish catching now to get those gold badges.

I actually have been spreading out the furniture in my alt account houses though. They pretty much get an instant HHA gold badge when I do it. Unlike your alts where you are actually trying to decorate and treat them like homes, I'm just using my as warehouses to store all the unorderable items to keep track of them and be able to find them. Even my own house is just items strewn about. Each room is a Gracie item storage location. One room for Winter items, one for Summer items, etc. Thus they probably won't be as interesting to look at as you may hope for all I've done in this game.

In any case, I'm really thinking and hoping to have the game wrapped up by the end of next month.  I guess we'll see how that goes.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 26, 2014, 09:28:13 PM »
So, I figured I'd try and hunt for a scorpion as it is one of the last few creatures on my list. I did a circle of my town and found it 3/4's of the way through my first pass and caught it. It was rather easy. The tarantula took longer to appear but I've now caught 3 of those as well. After the tarantula search and Pokepal's complaining of not finding them, it felt rather anticlimactic.

Redd was in my town but once again there was no sign of the remaining pieces I need. Thus, I finally thought to heck with it and made a trade to get the last three art pieces I need. While I was doing that, I also ordered the Ancient Statue, Famous Painting and Serene Painting that I think you still need all of, am I right Dan? If you don't mind just getting them like that instead of continually checking Redd's tent, I've got them for you now.

That just leaves two simple things and the museum is done. The House Centipede and the King Salmon. Soon. So very, very, soon.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 28, 2014, 01:40:32 PM »
Hah yeah at this point I dont mind just getting the artwork that way! I havent seen those ones I needed but I have bought 3 other paintings in the last week just to have for trading/giving to others. It doesn't sound like you'll need to do much trading any more, but I can get you a list of the extras I have if you run into people who need them.

About the grass wearing down - yeah it would be great if you could buy grass seeds or something in the next version of the game! Or if grass grew back faster. It does make it tempting to put down a path or leave flowers everywhere, but they do get in the way sometimes.

Haha well not all of my alts' houses are well kept. there's at least a floor or two per house that is just storage. Tons of Sahara carpets and wallpapers everywhere... Ugh I am missing the house centipede too. That thing isn't even rare! I've caught tarantulas in my alt accounts but never with my main. I've caught a few scorpions though.

You will be glad to know that I went and worked on my badges the other day. I tried to do a lot of fishing, bug catching, balloon popping and Dream traveling. We will see how long I stay interested in it. Phineas better give me a badge or two by the end of the week. For the gardening badge, does it count as planting if you pick up flowers from the ground and drop them back down?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 28, 2014, 05:29:30 PM »
I don't really need the artwork or have any trades to make with it. Do what you want with it. You could always post it here in case some forum user wants to claim a piece but for some reason, people here don't seem to be playing this game much anymore. Maybe we need to wait another year so they can get through some of their backlog and start playing.

As for grass, it is even more frustrating with all the days of rain I went through that it isn't growing back and is still fading. Still, I should probably start laying out paths as that is supposed to help.

The House Centipede is an evening creature so keep that in mind if you are looking for it.

Go, Dan, Go. Get those badges. What helped me was that I included a list of the requirements for every badge, bronze, silver and gold in a spreadsheet along with all the catalogue items I was looking for. However, I got smarter with it and started keeping better track of things to know where I was at. For instance, I didn't know how many times I had visitors to my town to know when I'd get the bronze badge but once Phineas gave it to me, I knew that meant I had met the 50 visitor requirement. So, I entered that number on the spreadsheet and then everytime I've had a visit to my town, I've updated that total. This way I know how I'm coming along on every badge and how much I still have to do and where I am at for progress.

The only badges I am unsure of is the Traveller badge, Fishing badge and Bug Catching badge. Once I get the bronze traveller badge, I know I'll have met the 100 trip requirement and can go from there. However, I already have the bronze badges for fishing and bug catching and the silver badge requirement is having caught 2000 of each. I have no idea where I'm at with those ones. Oh well. Whenever I do get the silver, I'll at least have a better idea of the range I'm on as I progress to gold.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 01, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »
For the gardening badge, does it count as planting if you pick up flowers from the ground and drop them back down?

Forgot to answer that for you. No. That does not count.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:10 PM »
Finally got to my July Bug-Off and have acquired the Spiderweb Clock. Let me know if you want to dupe it or will acquire it on your own. Still waiting for the museum to offer me the paintball wall. I've had the dig-site wall offered 3 times so far. Hopefully this doesn't prove to be a frustrating acquisition.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 04, 2014, 09:01:47 PM »
Sweet! I haven't hit another Bug Off yet... yeah I'd be happy to just dupe the last items! How goes the trophy and bug hunting?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing Trading & Frontier Justice League: 17 Items Left.
« Reply #611 on: September 08, 2014, 01:49:48 AM »
Pretty good. I just got the House Centipede and posted about it on Miiverse. That means I've caught all bugs, got another gold trophy, completed the insect wing of the museum and just need the King Salmon to finish it.

I've now experienced my first fireworks party and am only a month behind in the game. You need to earn 5,000 medals to get the Gold Badge for the island tours and I am at 4445 medals according to my math. I need to plant about 925 more flowers and I will have planted enough to turn into weeds to get the weeding badge.

I've started building some special projects around town. Surprisingly, there's still a few projects I need my citizens to suggest to me as they aren't in my available list and I'd like to make them. Lousy villagers not suggesting projects. This is why I've stopped helping them with everything and not just because I got the gold badge for helping them thus making me not care about their requests.

All in all, things are really coming together and the end-game is coming into sight more and more. The last big thing I need to arrange is help on getting the gold hosting and travelling badge. Once that's been done, I can basically finish this thing on my own.

Anyways, we should arrange a date to meet up again and do some duping. You still have a lot of stuff you need that I can help you with. Oblivion joked about how he was wishing I'd get a corrupt data on my game when I was almost done but I consider Dan Laser my back-up plan in case such a thing were to happen and then I can easily reacquire everything. That said, I need to make sure Dan has the items so we should get on that again.

How did your recent mission to acquire more badges go anyways, Dan?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:56:59 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 10, 2014, 02:18:05 PM »
Grats on catching all of the bugs! I saw your post on Miiverse the other night *Yeah'ed*. I still need the damn tarantula so I haven't moved on to September yet. I've only received 2 badges since we last played. I'm going to keep working at them, but uggghh so much woooork.

I should be available this friday or weekend. If I see you online before then, I'll check if you're free. Having all of the items backed up ain't a bad idea! You don't want to test the power of Oblivion's Curse.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 10, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »
Ha. Yeah. Well, having lost a lot of save data when a Gamecube memory card went corrupt on me a few years ago was probably more devastating. If I lose the AC data, it would suck but it isn't as bad as losing 20 game's worth of data.

I noticed you that you had "yeah'd" a couple posts along with some other random Miiverse users. I was quite surprised to see 11 message updates of that. I guess it was a big hit or something. If I had known you were searching for a Tarantula, I could have donated one to your museum. I had an extra one a caught awhile ago and stored it in my closet but I just sold it off in Re-tail last Saturday to make room and clean things up.

When I posted my capture of a Tarantula on Miiverse, someone commented that they were having trouble catching it so I posted my method which may help you. It's surprising but I do post something worthwhile on there like that. Here's my advice. As you walk around the village, catch other bugs as this will spawn a new bug to appear. If you haven't seen a tarantula after a couple of slow casual walks through town, then enter a building and come back out thus resetting the spawned bugs and try again. Using that method, I've come across a tarantula twice but it took about 30-40 minutes before it appeared.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 10, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »
Tarantulas always spawn behind trees and buildings, so by the time I see them it's too late to even get a swing out...

Either my girl has built up a huge tolerance for tarantula venom, or she's been killed and resurrected by a witch a whole bunch. Or maybe she gets replaced by someone who looks identical every time. Or maybe she's a zombie. Or maybe...

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 11, 2014, 12:12:58 AM »
Haha those are some scary theories Mop it Up. Maybe you switch to a villager in an alternate universe? Have you noticed if it rains doughnuts in any of these alternate timelines?

Thank you for the tips guys! I’ll give it a try tomorrow. I had been going into buildings as well as save-continuing now and then so it is reassuring to know that that actually resets things. Do you find it better to have the net out at all times, or not? They'll come after you if you have it equipped, but you'd be prepared to nab em and you also might actually hear them hiss at you if you get close.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 11, 2014, 12:24:07 AM »
You know, I've only encountered the thing three times and I caught it all three times. I heard it could attack but I had no problem with it. It never seemed to come after me though I think it might have hissed once. In any case, I had my net out every time I think so it wasn't an issue. Basically, I could either hear an odd noise or see it appear in a new corner of my screen so that there was distance between me and it when there was an encounter. Like I mentioned, I wasn't walking too fast either so that I could stop quite easily and be away from it. After that, I held down the Y button and just slowly crept up to it as I watched it skitter about and would pause if it seemed to turn or perhaps start heading towards me. But it never did attack and then I caught up enough to drop the net and catch it. Same thing with the scorpion although that one almost felt easier.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 11, 2014, 08:45:46 PM »
I'm not sure how they work, but I think the act of pulling out the net makes them charge at you. If you already have the net out when they see you, they won't charge right away.

That's what it seemed like to me anyway.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 14, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »
I CAUGHT ONE! Sunday, August 31st. I actually saw a few but most killed themselves by walking off the cliff or into the river. That seems about right about the nets, too. They don't seem to charge right away if you have the net out already.

I can finally move on to September!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2014, 11:21:55 PM »
Nice. Nothing like a last second catch. Does that complete your insect catching? I've just finished Aug. 15 and ready for Aug. 16 so I'm only a month behind now myself.

I knew we should have arranged a meet-up time. We must play at different times on the weekend since we never encountered each other.

Ah September. The month my collect-a-thon finally ends. Those final items are so tantalizing close. I can't wait.

By the way, is your list of items that you still need up to date from the posts you made awhile ago? Maybe just post what you are still looking for again so I can double check what you still need for when we meet up. And feel free to pick an actual date and time to do so.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:29 PM »
Sorry, yeah I didn’t see you online at all over the weekend. Is there a time that works best for you? I’ve got plans tomorrow, and friday I could be around any time after 7 I think? I’m sure there’s a time over the weekend that would work, too.

That list has kind of been neglected, so I’m going to go over it now and update it.

I actually still need the Petal-tail dragonfly (5-7pm)! I have until the end of September for this guy, but I can probably try the island too.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 18, 2014, 01:32:47 AM »
Yeah, petal-tail shouldn't be too hard to get. I think they appear a lot like the Darner dragonfly.

As for me, I have to pick my brother up from the airport this Friday and then we visit my parents. It's a big time party going on this weekend in my world so if I am available, it might not be until late Sunday now. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye out for each other in case we are both online at the same time for now.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 18, 2014, 12:23:02 PM »
Sounds like a busy weekend for you! Yeah, that's no problem, Sunday or whenever. Go live it up this weekend! I'm hoping to spend some time outside and enjoying the nice weather while we still have it.

Here is an updated list. The green things are orderable. I thought I had some of these already, but I dont seem to have them in the catalogue.

CLOTHING
Dapper skirt

Cake tank dress
Muumuu (island)
U-R-here dress

hibiscus hairpin (island)
Kappa cap (island)
White school cap (DLC)

Flip-flops (island)

Cafe uniform (Brewster)

Gray parka
Jagged tee
Peachy tee
Periwinkle tee
Snowy sweater

FURNITURE:
ABD (post office)
Aluminum briefcase (post office)
Backpack
Bottle ship (island)
Bronze bug trophy
Card screen (Gracie)
Card Sofa (Gracie)
Cicada stereo (bugoff)
Fedora chair (DLC)
General's fan
Gorgeous Bed
Gorgeous Chest
Gorgeous Closet
Gorgeous Sofa
Gorgeous Seat
Gorgeous Stool
Gorgeous Lamp
Gorgeous Counter
Gorgeous Desk
Gorgeous Table
Gracie Bed
Gracie Bench
Gracie Chair
Gracie Chest
Gracie Desk
Gracie Dresser (DLC)
Gracie Lamp
Gracie Low Table
Gracie Shelf
Gracie Wagon
Gracie Wall Clock
Gracie Wardrobe
Hinaningyo
Kitchen island (island)
Mermaid clock (island)
Mermaid closet (island)
Mermaid dresser (island)
Mermaid screen (island)
Mermaid shelf (island)
Mermaid wall (island)
Post office poster (post office)
Princess series (Gracie)
Safe (post office)
Sand castle (island)
Sea globe (island)
Snowman clock (Snowboy)
Snowman fridge (Snowboy)
Snowman vanity (Snowboy)
Snowman wardrobe (Snowboy)
Spiderweb clock (Bug Off)
Tokonoma
Toy camera (Katie)
Treasure chest (Island)
Turkey (Thanksgiving)
Ukulele (Island)
Volleyball net
Whirlpool bath (Island)

FLOORING
Gorgeous Floor (Gracie)
Gracie Carpet (Gracie)
Princess Carpet (Gracie)
Ship Deck (Pascal)
Snowman Carpet (Snowboy)

WALLPAPER
Cabana Wall (island)
Gorgeous Wall (Gracie)
Gracie Wallpaper (Gracie)
Mermaid Wall (Island)
Princess Wall (Gracie)
Tropical Vista (Island)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:49:17 PM by Dan Laser »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 18, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »
Alright. Looks like it is about 113 items left for you by my quick count. I see you list Treasure Chest as a Pascal item but that should probably be an Island item. I actually have an extra 1 of those so I can just give you that. I also thought I gave you the Warm Painting already. I still have your 3 remaining artworks ready to give you as well. I can order in all your orderable catalogue items except the crowns. That will be 35 items I can bring you. From there we'll have to do some duping days where I go through each of my alt account houses and pull the relevant stuff from each one. My house is all Gracie items plus Sloppy, Cardboard and 7-11 set. Relena is Holiday items so Mush, Creepy, Snowman, Ice, Ski, and Pave. Lady Une is all Island items plus remaining Holiday. Heero is character specific like Pascal, Brewster, plus odds and ends like DLC or Golden Furniture. The houses are just basically warehouses for me to keep track of all the special items.

I'll probably order you in the crowns yet but I'll keep an eye out again in Labelle's in case I can buy them there and save 200,000 bells if I can but it's pretty clear to me at this point that I really should stop worrying about money. I'm not going to run out anytime soon and even with the public works projects and home renovations, they are not that expensive to deplete my reserves.

On the point of decorating though, I've finally gotten into the landscaping and decorating of my town and house exteriors. It's nice. It's like a fresh new experience in the game since so much has become routine and badge related. I've started figuring out what my town theme will be (Fairy Tale) and what I want to build and where. Surprisingly, I still haven't had every possible project suggestion given to me by my villagers at this point but I've learned a trick to speed that up I discovered yesterday when doing some searching online for the different looks of house exteriors. I'll start laying down some paths and doing some planting here as well and get Xanadu completely restructured. I may even finally change my town flag and tune from their default settings.

Also, I just realized that Tuesday was the 1 year anniversary of when I first started up this game and began playing. I've never stuck with a game this long before. I thought I could go hard and maybe wrap it all up in 6 months. Ho, was I off. Although maybe if I knew a lot of the tricks and things I learned over time when I began, it may have been possible. Oh well.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 18, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »
Ah must feel nice to get your houses organized and start working on making your town all purdy. Landscaping and beautifying the town is another whole game itself. Planting trees, finishing projects, or even remodelling your house exterior… It’s very satisfying seeing your town grow and feel more complete.

Grats on the AC anniversary! If you plan on creating patterns and paths, you will probably be playing for a while yet haha. And hurry up and update your town flag already.

Whoops, yes I did get the Warm Painting from you. I only need the 3. I’ll fix that Treasure Chest thing too. If I get any of the items on the list, I'll scratch them off. I can go work at Brewsters and check out the island for those items.