Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 759969 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1400 on: October 20, 2014, 05:41:29 PM »
I bought the $35 Story SKU of Project Spark last week. It came with two of the Hero characters and the Champion quest single player mode that plays a bit like a simple hack and slash action rpg.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1401 on: October 22, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »
It should tell you how much I wanted to kill Monokuma after the two Danganronpas that I bought a game specifically to facilitate this.

It's free DLC, by the way. And it's on the 3DS version, for some reason.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 22, 2014, 10:02:07 PM »
I bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on my Vita, mainly because of how impatient I am about the eventual release of Metroid: Zero Mission on the VC.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 22, 2014, 11:05:43 PM »
S-Video cable for my N64!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

« Reply #1404 on: October 23, 2014, 09:26:42 PM »
I grabbed all Castlevania games currently for sale on eshop yesterday so I am all caught up on Castlevania purchases. I also upgraded a few NES games from Wii to Wii U just because I had some ddp points left over.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 24, 2014, 10:51:41 AM »
Bayonetta 1+2 (Wii U)

Anyone else picking this up?

Rarely buy games on release, but preordered this a while back when the pricing was favorable*. Ended up paying just under $52 CAD, with tax and shipping included, which seems pretty reasonable for two games. Should arrive early next week.

(*Deal involved preordering three games to get a nice discount. Xenoblade X was the game I really wanted to preorder and own day one, Bayonetta and Fire Emblem X SMT were "add-ons".)
NNID: ejamer

« Reply #1406 on: October 24, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »
I am considering it but to be honest I would just get the second, I am satisfied with 1 on PS3 its not worth the $20 bucks to rebuy that game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 24, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »
Fire Emblem X SMT

Has that been confirmed to be coming to the West?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 24, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »
Fire Emblem X SMT

Not that I know of, but if it never comes I never have to pay... and the discount on Bayonetta/Xenoblade stays the same.  ;D
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 24, 2014, 04:09:11 PM »
Fire Emblem X SMT

Hell, when's the last time it was confirmed to still exist at all?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1410 on: October 24, 2014, 06:35:25 PM »
E3 during the Codename STEAM presentation.

Best Buy shipped me Fantasy Life. Amazon continues their inexplicable shipping by holding my Bayonetta 2 for no reason. (Danganronpa 2: Way late. Smash 3DS and Persona Ultimax: On time. Bayo 2: Hell if I know. Freedom Wars? Arceus knows.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1411 on: October 24, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »
I got Fantasy Life today. I was also interested in Bayonetta 2, but not only do I have the demo to still play, but my local library will most likely get the game in whereas they don't stock handheld games at all (most likely to avoid kids or absentminded adults from losing them).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 24, 2014, 09:54:42 PM »
Your library carries games?! Nice. I always hoped for that to happen. Simple work-around would be to charge a deposit to be able to check out high-value items and then forfeit it if the game is lost. Or provide a credit card number.
My Game Collection

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1413 on: October 24, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
Yeah, it's really nice. The whole St. Louis County chain of libraries carries games, so one can hold games, movies, books, etc. and have them ship to the branch closest to them, and even suggest purchases. I try not to do the latter, as I'm afraid they'll get sick of me suggesting new stuff! Thankfully, I'm having Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 coming to me for Wii U. It's a game I was interested in, but I didn't want to buy it despite liking the original.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 25, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
Obviously, Bayonetta 1+2 from eShop. No way i am waiting weeks for it to ship to me.

Also got some videogame soundtracks on sumthing: Silent Hill Shattered Memories and both volumes of Wonderful 101. It's more like expression of gratitude really, since you can get these tracks on youtube anyway.

Silent Hill Shattered Memories:
I would have bought OST for SH3 if it was available, but it wasn't. I haven't even played the third game (Shattered Memories on Wii is the only one i finished from the series), i only listened to it's OST. It's THAT good.

Okay, so Shattered Memories soundtrack. Audio quality is kinda terrible. Of four vocal tracks with Mary Elizabeth McGlyn there is only three (even if Always on my mind is kinda bad, still it should have been there). Ah well, the remaining three are still amazing.

I've had some trouble downloading W101 OST with the links they gave me, so i wrote customer service, i guess they will respond on Monday.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 25, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »
I pay for a high Quality W101 OST.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1416 on: October 25, 2014, 12:10:07 PM »
256k AAC is on iTunes for $20.

Speaking of iTunes, they consider Bayonetta: Bloody Fate to be a TV show for some reason (I guess because it''s an OVA), so they have it for $2.99 for HD ($1.99 for SD if you're STUPIDLY cheap).
Tutorial box out.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 25, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »
I pay for a high Quality W101 OST.
Well, you're in luck cause here it is:
http://www.sumthing.com/p/the-wonderful-101-vol-1/
http://www.sumthing.com/p/the-wonderful-101-vol-2/

Both zip files that i was downloading were 300Mbs each so i am guessing it's hi-quality audio.

They have some exclusive version of Wonderful March.

As Shaymin said it's also on iTunes but ef that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 25, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »
Just bought Steam World Dig on Wii U since I had a $5 credit and it was on sale for $5.99. Glad I waited!
My Game Collection

« Reply #1419 on: October 26, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »
Just bought Steam World Dig on Wii U since I had a $5 credit and it was on sale for $5.99. Glad I waited!

I too just got this one today same reason.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 27, 2014, 12:12:18 PM »
So i've sorted out my network problems and downloaded W101 OST...

They have some exclusive version of Wonderful March.
The difference from in-game track is negligible.

Still i felt i had to do this, as a fan of a game and Platinum.  Don't think it's making a big splash though -- my order number wasn't even reaching 3000 and that's for the whole shop...

Also to finish off "Platinum week" (Korra, Bayo 1+2) i bought MGR: Rising on Steam for 9 bucks. No disk space to install it yet (and honestly i don't think i need ANOTHER ongoing Platinum game, along with Bayo 1 on both 360 and Wii U, Bayo 2, Vanquish and Korra. I want to finish something and then start new games).

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 28, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
although it's not a game, my most recent purchase is of an Elgato Game Capture HD! I didn't get the Game Capture 60 because in the end, I want to be able to capture stuff on my older consoles, especially my 3DO, where some of the games I own aren't very well chronicled on the internet as far as I can tell.

« Reply #1422 on: November 01, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »
I had some more big purchases yesterday.
First up I got Pier Solar HD- PSN
GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas- PS2 Classics
Castlevania Lamont of Innocence- PS2 Classics
Final Fantasy 1+2- PS1 Classics
Final Fantasy 6- PS1 Classics

I was so close to getting Castle of Illusion but that GTA sale kind of made me put that one off till next time.

I also decided I am done with Virtual Console for now, I have all the Nintendo games I wanted and the Sega stuff is also on PS3 so I will be getting the rest there, except the ones I already have on Steam or other places. I also decided that if a game is on PS3 and eShop from now on I will just get the PS3 version. Party because it sends the wrong message to Nintendo that they can get away with having a shitty store if I just buy everything they offer instead of only what is deserving. Second I noticed that for a lot of games the PS3 controller is just better than the Wii U pad and I am not going to buy another Pro controller and too many games I downloaded don't work with the one I already have so that is a hassle I wish to further avoid, and part of what eventually pissed me off about the fucking original Wii.

I also decided I am not buying any more VC games because when they do come to VC they are console emulations when they come to PS3 they are arcade emulations or enhanced remakes that also feature the arcade emulations and for the most part they ones on PSN are better than the same games on VC. I downloaded all four Street Fighter 2 games on VC before I realized they had the REAL SF 2 games on PSN not the crappy console ports. Games like Sonic, Mario, Vector Man, stuff that exists only on consoles this is fine but not arcade ports, sure the Wii has some arcade games but not nearly as many as PS3 and the ones they do have are usually crap for $6 bucks and up whereas on PS3 I often can get better games for less or they have good bundles.

I wish I had noticed this sooner because I spent way to damn much on Wii U thinking at least the Virtual Console was worth it. The exclusives are worth it sure, but I already bought every single one there is that I was interested in so thats that. There are some eshop exclusives I decided to keep in my list for future prospects but I am not going to support that broken eshop until they get their **** together.

That being said I will still keep an eye on GBA releases but only games that are exclusives to GBA not ports. Man I am just waiting for Nintendo to release Super Mario Bros. Classic NES GBA rom to see how many people buy that.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 01, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »
Not really a recent purchase by me, but I learned that my mom just bought me Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Assissan's Creed Unity for christmas. I guess the marketing train does work.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

« Reply #1424 on: November 02, 2014, 12:23:32 AM »
I been dropping hints all month that someone needs to either get me a PS4 or, push me over the edge and get me a game for PS4 so I have an excuse to buy one myself. Its not going to happen the last time I got a video game for Christmas it was Warrior Within on GameCube and I specifically asked for Sands of Time.