Author Topic: Whats after Dragonball GT ?  (Read 27319 times)

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Whats after Dragonball GT ?
« on: May 04, 2003, 05:01:53 PM »
This is something that i just keep thinking about. What's after GT? There is no way that they can just end it with Goku absorbing the dragonballs and becoming the strongest being alive. This one particular DBZ page that i frequently go to has somewhat of a rumor that the next DB will be called Dragonball AF or Dragonball AE. It also has some fancy pictures of SSJ5 and SSJ6 Goku. Check this site out  http://www.geocities.com/dtran02/dragonballaf.html and if anyone knows anything please feel free to post.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Whats after Dragonball GT ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 05:04:00 PM »
It did end after GT, they just stop animating.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 08:32:36 AM »
Accually interest in the series ended during GT. GT is an unfinished series. There are about 70 epis and a movie. And there are no plans to pick it up again. (That is one of the reason why the GT series is coming out so fast.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Praxius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 06:41:51 AM »
Hmmm Dragonball GT? How about Dragonball PGA? That's right, they all retire and play Golf.
*Exit The Prax*

Offline Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 08:29:59 AM »
I read a few years back (I can't remember where) that Akira Toriyama didn't work on DBGT. He stopped after DBZ, but the rest of the people working there wanted to continue it.
If the graphics are bad, I'll ignore them.
If the style's been used before, I won't care. I don't get sick of styles.
If the story is weak, I'll make up my own.
I only care about gameplay.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 11:07:46 AM »
That would be correct, another animator picked up after him. That is why the styles implemented are different in many of the episodes.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2003, 03:12:43 AM »
erm
After GT they made a TV movie which was baised 100 years (its more like 30years, if u look how they have aged) after GT, it showed Pan and her grandson named after goku

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2003, 08:52:02 AM »
i thoguth it would be cool if they had a flashback series..something that has little mini series' about certain time periods of dragon ball and dragonaball z. Wouldnt it be cool to vegeta as a kid for a bit..then maybe hercules rise to world champion....then frezza's life...then etc...that woudl be awesome
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2003, 08:17:54 PM »
To be honest I'm glad there isn't anything after GT, to be honest I don't even consider GT to be Dragonball at all. While I like DBZ, the farther along the series got, the more off it seemed. I mean its obvious that Toriyama changed a lot of things in DBZ just for the fans. It was obvious that Goku killed Furiza and died in the explosion on Namek. Gohan was obviously supposed be the lead character after the he defeated Cell, etc. etc. etc. Plus after the Furiza Saga all of the non Saiya-jin characters became pretty much useless. In DB Ten Shin Han, Yamucha, Kuririn, etc. we're all cool characters. Hell Ten Shin Han and Piccolo has tons of cool fighting techniques that you never see in DBZ.....but enough of my rants.

Darc Requiem  
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 10:55:34 AM »
Dragonball GT had great animation but the story sucked. They should redo Z with the GT animator so it looks better but has the same story and voices. But I've heard a rumor that yet another animator is picking it up and making one called Dragonball VF.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline MegaManZero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 08:05:22 AM »
DBGT is the last in the series. DBAF is just internet crap that started all because of that darn fake ssj5 goku pic.
I am the greatest of them all!!

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2003, 10:42:22 AM »

www.narutoguide.com. Seriously, DBZ fans (and anime fans in general who like shounen anime) would do well to get info on this series, as it's likely to become the next "big" series as soon as it gets licensed.

There was a special that aired in 1997 that took place 100 years after DBGT if i remember correctly. i can't remember details or anything else, but as far as i know that was the last official airing of new Dragon Ball material.

"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."