Community Forums > General Chat

micro-USB needs to be abolished

(1/4) > >>

tendoboy1984:
I have no idea why micro-USB became the new standard for charging cables. It's too fragile, and the thin metal connector bends easily.

Why can't we get something more durable, like a cylindrical-shaped connector (like what most PC's use)? Or better yet, make the actual connector out of hardened plastic instead of thin metal.

BlackNMild2k1:
Pretty soon we won't need it anyway as everything will be wireless including charging.
Wireless data, sound and power. The future is so close you could almost feel it.... if it weren't wireless.

tendoboy1984:
I highly doubt TV's, refrigerators, and PC's will use wireless power.

Anyways, my point still stands. Micro-USB is terrible and needs to be replaced by a new standard. Why not use cylindrical-shaped plugs, like what laptops and modems use?

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: tendoboy1984 on December 10, 2013, 03:56:07 PM ---I highly doubt TV's, refrigerators, and PC's will use wireless power.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but they also don't use micro-usb, which is what this thread was about.

tendoboy1984:
Why can't manufacturers just create a new plug that's shaped like a cylinder, like what laptops and modems use?

Headphones all use a standard connector, so why can't all power cables use a single connector standard?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version