Author Topic: Namco Ships Pac'N Roll  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Robert

• PGC Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Namco Ships Pac'N Roll
« on: August 23, 2005, 06:13:08 AM »
Now all they need is for you folks to Shop'N Buy!

PAC'N ROLL SPINS INTO RETAIL STORES

New Pellet Eating Gameplay Arrives on Nintendo DS with Innovative Touch Control Scheme

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (August 23, 2005) - Leading video games developer and publisher Namco Hometek Inc. announced today that "PAC'N ROLL" has shipped to North American retail outlets. "PAC'N ROLL" combines the pellet-chomping action and Ghost-busting madness of classic Pac-Man with an innovative touch screen control system. Developed exclusively for the Nintendo DS, PAC'N ROLL also includes the original "Pac-Man" for a truly classic arcade game experience.

"'PAC'N ROLL' makes full use of the Nintendo DS's capabilities, while retaining the very essence and qualities of Pac-Man that made him the cultural icon he is today," said Yoshi Niki, Business Unit Director at Namco Hometek Inc. "Now players can experience Pac-Man like never before through an intuitive touch screen control scheme and an original adventure set in a colorful 3D world."

In his latest role, Pac-Man must rescue his friends when Pac-Land is magically transformed into Ghost-Land and all the inhabitants have been turned into spheres by the rock'n rolling Ghost Golvis. With fluid track-ball-like controls using the Nintendo DS touch screen, and a host of ability boosting power-up items, players can roll into action against all the obstacles and Ghosts packed into the stages of multiple worlds. Players can dash, dodge, and turn on a dime as they guide Pac-Man on his pellet collecting journey to save Pac-Land.

"PAC'N ROLL" is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

For more information about "PAC'N ROLL," please visit www.namco.com.

About Namco Hometek Inc.
  Namco Hometek Inc. is the U.S. consumer division of Namco Limited, a Tokyo-based world leader in the high-tech entertainment industry.  Based in Santa Clara, CA, Namco Hometek Inc. is an award-winning video games publisher for next generation game consoles.  Namco has created some of the industry's greatest video game franchises: Tekken(R), SOULCALIBUR(R), Dead to Rights(R), Pac-Man World(TM), Ridge Racer(R), Time Crisis(R) and ACECOMBAT(TM).  For more information about Namco and its products log onto www.namco.com.

TEKKEN(R), SOULCALIBUR(R), PAC-MAN WORLD(TM), Ridge Racer(R), Time Crisis(R) and ACECOMBAT(TM) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Namco Limited in the United States and/or other countries.
 Dead to Rights(TM) is a trademark or registered trademark of Namco Hometek Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.

PAC'N ROLL(TM)&(C) 1980 2004 NAMCO LTD., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

TM, (R) and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. (C) 2004 Nintendo.

Robert Graves
Staff Writer
http://www.planetgamecube.com

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Namco Ships Pac'N Roll
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 06:07:22 PM »
I just watcheed some movies of this game in action. I can't believe I'm saying this about a new Pac-Man game (though I did enjoy Pac-Pix), but it actually looks pretty good.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Namco Ships Pac'N Roll
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 07:37:36 AM »
Yeah, I'm interested in both this and Pac Pix, but it seems kind of like Namco's stretching the series too thin...I mean, I'm not a huge Pac-man fan in the first place, and although I'd like both of these games, I'll be lucky to get one.  If they'd found a way to combine them into one game, I'd have made it a definite purchase...assuming Pac n' Roll is an above-average game.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX