Author Topic: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?  (Read 210618 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Your #1 meal at Fast Food Restaurants
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2016, 09:51:03 AM »
My brother came back from Korea the day before yesterday. He brought back Korean banana cheetos. They are amazing.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2016, 03:14:20 PM »
And people say North Korea is a land of despair. Clearly they aren't taking into account the fact that they've got Banana Cheetos.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »
I tried the Mac N Cheetos at Burger King. They weren't very good. You would think, Macaroni and Cheese is good, Cheetos are good, and deep fried is even better!

Not so. The external Cheetos crust tastes just a little bit off, just like the Doritos tacos at Taco Bell do. The internal cheese sauce doesn't taste good, the Cheetos flavor seems to permeate it and it is orange. The pasta isn't bad. All in all, it is less than the sum of its parts.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
I tried the Steak Flatbread at Taco Bell the other day. Mmm! It was quite good. Wasn't too spicy either, which was nice. A really good sandwich overall.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2016, 02:22:57 AM »
My brother came back from Korea the day before yesterday. He brought back Korean banana cheetos. They are amazing.

Those are amazing.  But not the best Korean snack.  I don't know if I can ever leave Korea because of their foods and snacks.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2017, 03:10:46 AM »
Thanks to Rick & Morty's April 1st S3E1 drop, McDonalds may be bringing back the szechuan sauce

clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXIWyYtq85E

tweet:

story: http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-szechuan-mcnugget-may-come-back-thanks-to-rick-and-morty-2017-4

and coincidentally, Disney happens to be gearing up for a Mulan Livemake, which would be the perfect time to relaunch the sauce, just like the 1st time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:12:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2017, 04:10:30 PM »
So I don't really eat much fast food in my new city but if I want something cost effective than I will grab something.

McDonalds: Grand Mac which is a slightly larger Big Mac. I used to get Quarter Pounders with Cheese.

Jack in the Box: Sourdough Jack.  This is probably my go to burger when I go here. the Tacos are decent for the price.

Carl's Jr. I either get the California Classic or a burger with a lettuce wrap.

Taco Bell: I tend to get the Double Decker tacos which is basically a hard taco and it has refried beans on the side of the shell and then a soft taco tortilla where that refried beans are.

Pizza: I tend to favor Pizza Hut and a few years back they had Sriracha drizzle which was nice. I don't think they have that anymore though.   I tend to lean towards the veggie toppings with one meat topping.   I love the pineapple, roma tomatoes, black olives, Banana Peppers or the Peruvian Cherry Peppers. I also have a place that I go to by the name of Fired Pie and they have it set up like Subway where you can pick and choose what toppings you want and it is all at a set price so you don't need to worry about getting extra toppings and it costing you more.

Popeyes: I tend to just get their chicken. Usually their spicy blend. Biscuits are really good.

I tend to go to local places to eat and not chain fast food places most of the time but when I do eat Fast food these above are the places I go.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2017, 09:29:27 PM »
Thanks to Rick & Morty's April 1st S3E1 drop, McDonalds may be bringing back the szechuan sauce

clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXIWyYtq85E

tweet:

story: http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-szechuan-mcnugget-may-come-back-thanks-to-rick-and-morty-2017-4

and coincidentally, Disney happens to be gearing up for a Mulan Livemake, which would be the perfect time to relaunch the sauce, just like the 1st time.

Of course, people are trying to recreate it.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2017, 09:56:58 PM »
The fully loaded breakfast sandwich from Jack in the Box is good. bacon, cheese, sausage, egg (mine had 2) on sourdough for under $4
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »
They just opened a Popeye's Chicken about an hour away. Dang! That is good chicken! Especially the spicy. I like the potatoes and gravy as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2018, 06:31:41 PM »
Burger King out here earning points by EDUCATING THE PUBLIC ABOUT NET NEUTRALITY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzy5vRmN8Q

Sometimes you gotta put things in a way that actually affects people for them to not only understand it, but give a **** about what it means.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2018, 07:07:16 PM »
Burger King isn't my favorite food, but they have some of the best advertising for a fast food place. 

Between the net neutrality one below, the deleting your facebook friends for a whopper, and stuff like the sneak king video game, it's just a really fun weird set of stuff they attempt.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2018, 09:28:35 PM »
My friend at work showed me their bullying video today...really good stuff.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2018, 10:04:37 PM »
Wait, what. They trolled actual customers to sell Whoppers and Net neutrality. Surprisingly it is a close enough of an analogy that it works. Instead of Bytes at a time its a Whopper down the pipe.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2018, 01:32:52 AM »
I've always loved BK Breakfast; the Croissanwich is awesome! They even have a copy of Jack in the Box's Loaded sandwich, but on a croissant instead. But the limited available time makes me pass them up a lot.

Though they recently released the Bacon King and Bacon King Jr, which are their versions of the Wendy's Baconator line. Has moved them up a bit in my book.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2018, 10:33:14 PM »
Burger King is pretty cool with their advertising and also not even giving a **** and showing that they ripped off the Sausage McMuffin with Egg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF86Rb-uFNE) and stuff...but Son of Baconator is the best name of any fast food item.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2018, 10:39:45 PM »
Sounds like the McDonalds app has a coupon for $1 "Any Sandwich" (excluding Double Quarter Lb, and Signature burgers) till September 30th.

I don't personally have the app, but the new quarter pounders are pretty damn good.
I'd get one more often for only a dollar.

and a $1 McDouble coupon till the end of the year
and Free Medium Fries on Friday (haha I get it) till the end of the year as well

edit:
Not to mention, the app gets you curbside drop off, so you don't have to wait in the drive thru line either.
I might actually download the app and take advantage of this. McD's is literally 2 minutes from my house.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:44:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2018, 06:34:05 PM »
Epic story from way back: How an Ex-Cop Rigged McDonald’s Monopoly Game and Stole Millions
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-an-ex-cop-rigged-mcdonalds-monopoly-game-and-stole-millions
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2018, 11:30:16 PM »
When I was on vacation, we did a taste test. Who has the number one lemonade, Wendy's or Chik Fil A?

Chik Fil A was a little sweeter and Wendy's was a tad more tart. It was very close, but Chik Fil A was the winner. Wendy's was cheaper per ounce though, but Chik Fil A stayed cold longer due to the foam cup.

Sonic is probably the #3 lemonade in my book.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2018, 12:10:26 AM »
I like to get a large natural lemonade from Wendy's and ask for no ice. It already comes cold and I put the extra in the fridge for later.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
So my mom asked me to pick something up for her from McDonalds.... I suggested she use the app and order food, and she responded "you're picking up the food.... why don't you install the app"

so I pulled up to McD's parked, installed the app, registered an account, and browswed the deal menu.
She wanted a Small Fry and a McChicken Ssandwhich. Less than $3.00, I included the daily $1 LARGE FRY with her order. I tied to add another deal to the order, but you can only do 1 deal per order (not per account per day... but per order)
Sooooo, I then placed a separate order with a Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese for $1

4-5 minutes later, a worker came out confused that I was 1 car w/ 1 person in it, and had 2 separate orders.

short story shorter.....
She got a small fry and a McChicken sandwhich for $2.89 (regular menu price)
and I got a Large Fry and a Qtr Lb w/ Cheese for $2.00

Now we are getting back to Fast Food prices!!!
some other pretty good deals in the app too.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2018, 08:13:24 AM »
Apparently Wendy's has an app now too.... anyone check that one out?

I guess last month they had a free Dave's single (or double?) w/ any purchase.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2018, 05:20:15 PM »
It was a tempting offer, but I'm getting app fatigue from all of the restaurants wanting me to download the app.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2018, 12:53:43 PM »
Haven't tried the Wendy's app, but the McDonald's app is solid.  A co-worker mentioned it to me and I've been able to cash in a couple dollar sandwiches (usually a McGriddle).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2018, 03:02:48 PM »
Pretty bummed we don't have the hot Cheetos crunch wrap from Taco Bell. Just learned about it and its making me hungry.

https://canadify.com/2017/05/03/taco-bell-canada-brings-back-cheetos-crunchwrap-sliders/
My Game Collection