Poll

How many games should Season 4 of Safe Words consist of?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
Q
1 (10%)
I was told there would be no voting. What is this? Mafia?
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 02, 2022, 11:03:31 AM

Author Topic: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Series Finale)  (Read 36558 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Round 3)
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2022, 10:39:15 PM »
With the first pick in the third round of the 19th Safewords, the funhouse nicks-mitch select

Amazon Prime Video
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2022, 10:20:50 AM »
Sometimes it takes a little work to find something good, but nickmitch is always able to find a safe pick for movie night with Amazon Prime Video.

Which streaming service has your favorite movies ShyGuy?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2022, 10:26:57 AM »
Sometimes it takes a little work to find something good, but nickmitch is always able to find a safe pick for movie night with Amazon Prime Video.

Which streaming service has your favorite movies ShyGuy?

Youtube!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2022, 12:31:26 PM »
Oops

:'(
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2022, 12:46:03 PM »
Who doesn't mind sitting through a few ads to watch free movies? Those are just popcorn breaks after all, since ShyGuy is safe at home watching old Buster Keaton films on YouTube.

Coming up after the break, we will hear from Order.RSS. What streaming service has your favorite movies?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2022, 04:46:48 PM »
Movies? Who watches movies? It's 2022, all I want is robot mecha.
Crunchyroll! \o/

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2022, 05:14:29 PM »
Crunchyroll is best known for anime series, but the streaming service also has plenty of great anime films. Order.RSS is safe streaming Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie on Crunchyroll.

We all know Khushrenada's love of watching movies so we have to know, what streaming service has your favorite movies Khush?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2022, 07:03:03 PM »
Khush strikes me as a Criterion Collection kinda fella

Order.RSS is safe streaming Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie on Crunchyroll.

Somehow i feel like this might be a worse fate.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 09:28:12 PM »
We all know Khushrenada's love of watching movies so we have to know, what streaming service has your favorite movies Khush?

Oh no! Is this the part where I have to admit that I don't subscribe to any streaming services...? I have no idea which might have my favorite movies. Just do what true movie lovers do and subscribe to TCM on cable and go to the movie theaters to see what's current.  ;)

So, on that note, Twitch clearly has all the movies I want to see....

EDIT: Actually, let's change that to Peacock. I can do that, right? No result has been posted yet....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:43:40 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2022, 09:55:40 PM »
Since Peacock is owned by NBC Universal, we can watch all those great Minion movies when we visit Khush! Let's just hope he doesn't change his mind on what movie we are watching  >:( because that would not be safe for anyone.

If you liked that last answer, your going to love what NWR_insanolord has to say when we ask "What streaming service has your favorite movies?"

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2022, 10:15:47 PM »
Since Peacock is owned by NBC Universal, we can watch all those great Minion movies when we visit Khush! Let's just hope he doesn't change his mind on what movie we are watching  >:( because that would not be safe for anyone.

Sorry. I was looking for some kind of I don't know gif to spice up the post and one of the top results was that Michael Scott one so it seemed like destiny was telling me to go with Peacock again. I did it for the memes!!

Also, don't worry about watching movies at my place. I'll just re-enact them all out for you. Movies as live theater is so much better!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2022, 10:27:32 PM »
I guess I'll go with the one I used most recently earlier tonight in Hulu.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2022, 11:17:51 PM »
With Best Picture winners like Parasite and Nomadland available to stream, NWR_insanolord is safe from anyone saying there is nothing good to watch on Hulu.

With every other choice in list taken, let's see if Mop it up can mind the gap  ;) as we see what streaming service has your favorite movies?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 07:34:53 PM »
I prefer oranges but I guess it's time for Apple TV.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2022, 09:21:12 PM »
Mop it up watches Finch on Apple TV to see how Tom Hanks, a dog, and a robot keep each other safe in a post-apocalyptic world.

As we get near the end of the season, tensions are rising. What streaming service has your favorite movies MASB?

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2022, 01:32:59 AM »
You know, back in my younger years, I was big into auto racing. Did all the high speed racing for real in John Frankenheimer's Grand Prix. I did most of the driving in The Rockford Files. So what better way to spend an evening than watching the documentary I made about the time I owned a racing team? 1969's The Racing Scene. To Paramount+ we go!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2022, 11:42:22 AM »
Andy Sidaris makes a safely from sports broadcastor to director and MASB continues on to the next round.

With our season finale we finally get the answer to our question from Luigi Dude, what streaming service has your favorite movies?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2022, 09:42:08 AM »
Who needs movies when I could be giving my money to women in skimpy outfits on Twitch.   ;D
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2022, 01:32:02 PM »
Many you know that BeautifulShy is a Nintendo fan, but you may not be aware that she is also a Disney fan. Of course being a Disney fan is one thing, being a Disney collector is another. In the nineties, collecting Disney memorabilia was a significant undertaking but still manageable. Each year there was one or two new movies and associated merchandise to obtain. However once Disney starting acquiring other IP, BeautifulShy was compelled to obtain that merch as well. The acquisition of Star Wars and Marvel studios required significant investments in time and space to collect the extensive back catalog of films, clothing, and toys. But fandom knows no bounds and BShy pushed on getting every piece of swag she could find.
The breaking point seemed to occur with the purchase of 21st Century Fox. Suddenly BShy was buying merch for Alien and The Simpsons, franchises she did not even enjoy. With her bank account depleted and her domicile resembling that of a hoarder, BShy became trapped in the byzantine corridors of stacked figurines and steel books from the multitude of Disney subsidiaries. As a final fleeting call for help she found a way to send an SOS to her NWR forum friends through the Disney+ network, the only channel she would ever watch. One by one each NWR user unknowingly cast her aside in favor of other entertainment options. With nobody there to help she became as neglected as the many Disney Properties that did not fit in with the Disney corporate image. By the time we found her, significant psychic damage had occurred. Our doctors tell me that she currently only speaking using famous lines from Disney characters. As part of her rehabilitation she is being asked to post regularly to the forums in hopes of using Nintendo discussions to break her free of her Disney dependence. Needless to say, BeautifulShy will be unable to continue on with this panel in her current state. With this sad news we complete our third season of the Safe.TV Words+ panel and will be removing Disney+ as a selection in future questions. Season 4 will be coming soon...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:54:30 PM by Bungle4 »

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2022, 06:23:13 PM »
Poor BeautifulShy! A great lesson to us all: Specialize in your collecting!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Round 4)
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2022, 10:32:05 PM »
We are all set to begin our next round. In our season premier we will hear from nickmitch.
Which streaming service is the best value?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 4)
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2022, 12:08:25 AM »
Poor BeautifulShy! A great lesson to us all: Specialize in your collecting!

Haha this is true.  But some facts about me I am in so many different fandoms it is not even funny but  because of cost I cannot even purchase everything.  I specialize in one or two things in each fandom.

MLP:FIM- Fluttershy
Sailor Moon- Sailor Jupiter
Lakers- Kuzma, AD, Kobe
Nintendo- Peach.
Pokemon- Gardavior
Phoenix Mercury- Grineir

Also have to say everyone here is so non mainstream with their choices.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2022, 01:23:54 AM »
I don't even know what Disney+ is. ;) Seems pretty niche to me. ;D

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2022, 03:34:13 PM »
We are all set to begin our next round. In our season premier we will hear from nickmitch.
Which streaming service is the best value?

Obviously, with the bundle, it's Hulu.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2022, 09:53:02 PM »
It goes without saying that nickmitch had always considered himself a TV Man. Growing up, he was a master of the basic cable schedule, always knowing the best program on any time of day.
With the advent of streaming services nickmitch tried to adapt and adjust but it never really felt right. Netflix and other streaming services spoiled these entitled millennials and zoomers, letting them watch shows whenever they want, he thought. Nickmitch missed the routine and ceremony of cable with it's reliable cadence of commercial breaks. The closest thing Nickmitch could find to solace was through Hulu + Live TV. Of course when friends and family came to visit they still deferred to the on-demand selection and binging that has grown so popular. Secretly nickmitch had some dude working within Hulu to slowly chip away at the various corporate partners in hopes that a single owner would wrangle control over the viewership. In his personal life things got much darker as nickmitch initiated draconian house rules for all TV watching, whereby shows could only be seen on the same day and time as they would normally be broadcast. Failure to abide by such regulations resulted in guests wearing plain outfits of a single color as punishment.
Eye witness reports leaked photos of people forced to wear red dresses after watching Monday night football on a Tuesday morning. Nickmitch's reign of terror started to come apart when the dude that nickmitch hired ended up succeeding in the consolidation tactics at Hulu corporate resulting in a mass exodus of all the popular shows that made guests willing to put up with nickmitches fashionist tendencies.
In the end nickmitch was all alone suffering from rules so strict even he could not avoid breaking them. By the time we heard about this, the ascetic lifestyle had taken its toll with nickmitch having gouged out his own eyes to keep himself pure from what he referred to as the "tainted detritus" of modern TV. We have been notified by nickmitch that he can no longer take part in this panel, but with the use of screen reading technology he plans to stay active in the NWR forums. Stay tuned for season five....