Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Previous console generations to the Switch: Which games make the most sense?

<< < (2/3) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
The controls wouldn’t really have to change much, but I’d love a remake/remaster of Wario Land: Shake It. Maybe even a combo pack of it, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, and Yoshi’s Woolly World, which both got ported but to another system that’s shutting down.

Luigi Dude:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on February 25, 2022, 03:36:23 PM ---The controls wouldn’t really have to change much, but I’d love a remake/remaster of Wario Land: Shake It.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the world needs more Wario Land: Shake It love.  Give it new content like they did with the Woolly World and Epic Yarn 3DS ports, but make players required to collect all the Treasure chest in each level to unlock it.  This way more people will finally see what makes this game so great, instead of just ignoring them like they could in the original version, then complaining that it's a 5 hour game with no replay value.

Seriously, to this day Wario Land: Shake It is easily one of the most underrated games of all time.  It's got a perfect difficulty with the main game allowing less experience players a way to get through it that won't be too frustrating, but each level is still filled with challenging platforming sections for more experience players to do.  It also has achievements for each level, with some having you do things like don't collect any money, or don't touch any water, that completely change how one plays the level as well.

The game has so much content and things to do for fans of 2D platformers.  That's why it's so frustrating to see some mislabel the game has a short and easy experience when the actual game is the complete opposite.

Adrock:
I need to revisit Wario Land: Shake It! I remember getting stuck trying to do one of those stage missions then putting the game down forever. It was fun, and that one trailer that "wrecked" the entire YouTube page was so cool back in the day. I don't know if it's still available, and it wouldn't hit as hard because it used YouTube's 2008 design.

pokepal148:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on February 25, 2022, 10:33:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on February 25, 2022, 02:31:18 AM ---Okami a grand adventure and has been on a few systems but some folks had problems with the brush combat/and just using the brush in general in the Wii version.  I think fixing this would help since the Switch can be more precise with movement there.

--- End quote ---

Okami's already on the Switch.  Even gives players the option to use motion or analogue controls for the brush.

--- End quote ---
It also has touch controls in handheld mode for the brush.

Mop it up:
Myself, I've always wanted to see remakes of Super Mario Sunshine and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Both games contain some good ideas in them but needed more time in the oven, Sunshine lacking polish the most. The HD version of Wind Waker did help some, but it could still use the complete overhaul of a remake to become something special.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version