Community Forums > NWR Forums Discord

Not to be that guy...

<< < (3/6) > >>

ShyGuy:
I don't think I ever got any Batman comics from you. Got some Robin, Captain Atom, and a Justice League book?

Luigi Dude:
As others have said, forums like this aren't as popular as they used to be.  But I would say, there are still traditional forums that do receive a lot more engagement then this place.  Why can other places keep there members engaged and even draw in a larger amount of new ones, while this place has literally dried up the last several years?

I mean, if someone was looking to sign up for a new Nintendo community and they discovered this place, why would they join these forums when most discussion is dead.  They're going to sign up at a different Nintendo forum that's actually discussing said games.  Hell, I even see members of this site post more on other forums these days, so we can't blame this place being dead on forums in general losing popularity.

Now I'm part of this problem since I barely post anymore.  I mean I could make more threads and try to spark more conversations, but then I think to myself this topic might get 3 replies max and it just doesn't feel worth the time to type something up.  We're basically in a bad spiral where we need more discussions going on to attract new members, but we kind of need new members to help spark these discussions.

broodwars:
To put it simply, I stopped posting here because people stopped answering. Not much point putting considerable time and effort into writing up my thoughts on game or show X, Y, or Z when the answer is always going to be *crickets*.

It certainly doesn't help that my Switch barely got used last year, and Nintendo in general hasn't had much news worth discussing in years. Been trying to put more time into the thing this year (did a full playthrough of Skyward Sword HD and just started a playthrough of No More Heroes 3) since it looks like 2022 will be mostly a backlog year, but at this point there's not really anyone to talk to about it, and Twitter is so much faster these days.

I only joined in on the Activision/Blizzard discussion because there were already a bunch of the regulars discussing it, so at least there would be a point to being part of the conversation for once. And yeah, it was fun, but sure enough the forums went back to being a ghost town shortly thereafter.

These forums died years ago. Maybe it was inevitable with the ever-advancing march of technology, but I feel like the site in general abandoned these forums once they started bringing in Patreon and Discord. Maybe it's time for Kenshiro to finally release the corpse so at least it can have one final, glorious explosion before the void claims it.

Stratos:
One tough thing is there is no notification if someone does reply to you. Other platforms let you @ people or some other method so folks KNOW that someone responded. I know there are times I want to respond to folks but the conversation has moved on and even if I quote the previous person its a while back and they may not thoroughly check to see if someone responded.

Khushrenada:
Just gotta assume every post on here is directed to you. That's what I do. It's so nice to have so many people always trying to talk with me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version