Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 6.

<< < (2/8) > >>

BeautifulShy:
Good game Mafia. 

It was a shame that Insanolord wasn't voted for to have all the players out of the game that voted out Mop it up.  Also with Bungle investigating Perm on the 3rd day and showing up townie that pretty much sealed the townies fate. 

Was there another townie alliance after I died because I checked and there was no activity after Bungle joined it?   I would imagine so and that likely is how the Mafia got in and killed TopHatAnt123 and seal the fate of the townies.

That said Perm and Insanolord vendeta for the next few games. Perm for killing me and pokepal and Insanolord for just being you.

ThePerm:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on November 29, 2021, 01:54:13 AM ---If you click on the image in the story post, it will enlarge to its giant self. I put some size tags to it so that it would show up without overwhelming the page. Maybe I could make it a bit larger but I figured you'd post another version like you have to let the people see things more clearly. I really loved how well you made Dave Nelson look like a psycho killer. I guess Matthew finally drove him over the edge.

--- End quote ---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKUQjaZF55o

I couldn't find that same picture with Dave Foley with a knife, Reverse image search came up with "White collar worker" So, I typed it, and got him with an axe instead, which is better.

Crimm's photo took some detective work. He never got back to me in time. Reverse image search didn't work. So I enlarged the photo and then tried reverse image search and got a hit that time.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.6867316,135.8367246,3a,75y,287.17h,59.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjQ7KpmTLUIIVOSRGyXeyUw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I then found a facebook page with several clear images.

I then used a deep learning algorithm to help me draw it, because I didn't want to spend hours tracing it. I had it copy my style though. Then I touched it up.

NWR_insanolord:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on November 29, 2021, 01:59:57 AM ---Was there another townie alliance after I died because I checked and there was no activity after Bungle joined it?   I would imagine so and that likely is how the Mafia got in and killed TopHatAnt123 and seal the fate of the townies.
--- End quote ---

Order.RSS was kind of pulling the strings with the townie alliance toward the end, but Perm and I managed to infiltrate it. Perm especially, who got investigated early and showed as a townie, had their full trust, and I managed to throw off suspicion just enough.

--- Quote ---That said Perm and Insanolord vendeta for the next few games. Perm for killing me and pokepal and Insanolord for just being you.

--- End quote ---

I'll take that as a compliment.

Order.RSS:
Congrats to ThePerm & Insano! After the MASB fiasco I remarked to someone it felt more like we were losing to ourselves than the Mafia, but that'd be selling your efforts short.

Thanks to Khush for hosting again. Hope one day you get to play again. I'd probably be down to host another time after Bshy.

Nickmitch did spot ThePerm's deception, so we tried to engineer a situation where we could pivot to anyone with a last-second rug-pull.
Unfortunately Luigi Dude never put a vote down on ThePerm to give us the 3 votes required, and we weren't sure enough to count on either Wah or Insano.
Nickmitch suggested we switch our votes to Insano, but by the time I was convinced the 90 minutes had elapsed and we weren't gonna tamper with the votes just because Khush wasn't around to call it yet.

The lesson I should probably learn: stop getting tricked by Mafia members so easily. Kudos to Perm for a mostly naturally chatty voice throughout.

The lesson I will learn instead: vote out inactive players early. MASB, Luigi Dude, and Wah (all Townies!!!) were my primary suspects because they had no voting record.
If someone never votes, then suddenly does, and things go poorly (like MASB on Bungle) it looks like a Mafia bandwagoning.
The lack of data means we're left to guess at people's motivations, and in Mafia it's easier to read inaction as hostile -- because it implies being fine with the current state of affairs, which in these games is almost invariably the Townies getting hammered early on.
We can't be going into the final Day not knowing 4/6 identities. At that point we might as well throw a dart or take a gamble on the randomizer.

Not trying to blame others when I made 4(!) consecutive errors which lost us the game. I get it, everyone is swamped with work/family/other responsibilities. I missed the first Day too and didn't have time to think of a new gimmick/avatar/etc. as usual either.

But I do feel I've never played a more transparently obvious Townie before, so for the feedback to still be mostly deafening silence means I'll need to rethink how I approsch future games.

--- Quote from: ThePerm on November 29, 2021, 02:26:02 AM ---Crimm's photo took some detective work. He never got back to me in time. Reverse image search didn't work. So I enlarged the photo and then tried reverse image search and got a hit that time.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps you already tried it, but I find TinEye search sometimes is a decent supplement to google reverse image when looking for larger images based on a cropped subsection.
Great collage btw!

ThePerm:
There was a lot said about the machinations of the mafia in the game, and a lot of it wasn't that deep.

I almost didn't mess with the harvest items at all. I've never played a harvest moon game, so I'm not even familiar with the series. I only just tried it and hit that bribe jackpot.

Ya'll didn't think the guy handing the mayor bribes wasn't in the Mafia?

Year 1
I encouraged the bandwagon against mop it up, while publicly saying people shouldn't vote for her. The first vote doesn't matter much.

I hit poképal128 because his posts reminded me of internet spam. I also thought it would be funny to close up his shop. All those hopes and dream. I would have sent some goons to his shop for collection, but this was easier. I kind of knew it would turn into the dead thread.

Year 2
I hit Beautifulshy because she was so damn active. I did not pay attention to her letters or anything like that. She just posted a lot. I was also getting confused of Beautifulshy and Tophatant because their icons have the same character. I didn't want the confusion so I got rid of one of them. I had changed my vote a few times in the middle of the night because I thought if I voted for her. I'd wake up to find a bandwagon against me. Bonus though we took out an extra person with Stratos. The votes were stacked against Crimm too, so we couldn't do anything for him without looking suspicious.

Year 3
I got a message from Order.RSS saying that they were a detective. I figured that Order.rss might be a regular townie, and that there could be a real detective pulling the strings, since it was already 2 days into the game. My initial thought was to take Order.RSS out, but then I thought "well what the hell, lets roll with this, we'll keep him around" I even thought about throwing all the other mafia off the bus just so it looked like I was a townie. But then I thought maybe they would PM people in revenge. When I finally beat the game Organ Trail this lead me to victory.  I also thought about how the numbers game would look down the road and figured that was the harder path.

I messaged the team to let them know of the detectives mistake.

I wanted to get out Tophatant, but I had voted for them earlier. So, i thought that might look suspicious.

Order.RSS messaged me asking what I thought about voting for people. I gave him no clear answers. I left it vague. I let him decide.

Then Order.RSS asked me who he should investigate. I gave him some good advice. I told him to investigate Wah or Masb. I said investigating Luigi Dude was also just as good as investigating anyone else.

When the vote came up I messed up. I thought we had more time during the day. I didn't want to look like mafia and unvoted MKBungle. I didn't vote for anyone else because I thought I would have another 12 or so hours. It still worked out. Stevey voted for MKBungle knocking him out. I did not coordinate on stevey with this as MASB accuded me of.

I put the hit on Lolmonade, because I wanted it to feel senseless. Order.rss or Nickmitch commented that it was kind of a weird choice. That's the feeling I wanted. A feeling of Randomness. I almost got rid of Order.RSS that day. But I figured "How deep could I go?"

I did defensively argue for Stevey's case. I did not tell him how to vote on day 2. He didn't follow the orders on day one. He just coincidentally voted for Pokepal and Beautifulshy. I never told him who I was going to hit. I figured having been investigated it was a plus against my Stevey defense. I could have had Insanolord defend him, but that would be bad strategy. The longer we keep mafia in the game the sooner we win.

I think I suggested blackmail to Stevey that day. Change your vote or else! That was up to him.

Year 4
Having earned the trust of Order.RSS I just voted with him. He picked MASB to go. I put up a little fake resistance, and suggested Insanolord instead. But he wanted MASB. MASB put out a perfectly correct argument against me, but the votes were stacked against him. If I publicly spent too much energy defending myself. It would look bad. MASB didn't trust Order.RSS. He also didnt trust me because I said I talked to a detective. For day 5 I almost used Order.RSS bad record against him, but he was a number I could use.

Also, what was the deal? There were two detectives? Were they aware of each other? Or was this a copy-paste error on Khushrenada's part?

I hit Tophatant because they started the Stevey bandwagon the day before.

Year 5
I let Order.RSS pick the victim again. He and Nickmitch had cooked up their plan. I had figured it was fishy, but I figured as long as I looked like I was following orders all should work out. They set me up against Luigi Dude instead of Wah, or Insanolord. I had told Insanolord the plan, and if it came down to it, I would vote him out. If that happened I wasn't looking forward to another day of role playing, but Wah would be the next easy target.  Order.RSS said we should just stack the votes on Wah so I changed it to wah. Majority vote triggered the day to end.

Meanwhile I was working on "my collage" °_°.  Pretty shortly after the thread closed I sent my hit for Luigi Dude.

I had figured I won, barring some crazy phoenix down item from the shop. Bonus I got to keep Insanolord with me. I could have won faster if I got out Tophatant sooner. I didn't need that vigilante kill. I'm also glad I got out the vigilante, because I did not want to deal with a killer.

I also have to note the townie alliance felt more like a mafia than the mafia. I learned: Let the townies make their own mistakes.

Also, thanks Khushrenada for hosting another great game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version