Community Forums > General Chat

Um, Apple thread

<< < (145/147) > >>

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: pokepal148 on October 19, 2021, 12:46:20 AM ---So I heard Apple really... Stepped it up a notch with their laptop design.

--- End quote ---

Um, excuse me. A publication of ill repute called and requested that you take this post down due to a copyright claim on their recent headline.

NWR_insanolord:
My order has switched from saying December 2-9 to November 17-24, so I guess I was right to think they might have been being overly conservative.

Adrock:
insanolord, did you customize your 16” MacBook Pro? If so, what did you add?

I’m leaning toward the standard 14” model. The last MacBook Pro I bought was a 15” model in 2010 so a slightly smaller screen probably won’t kill me especially with the higher resolution and other advancements. In terms of hardware specs, the MacBook Air would be enough for my needs in a second computer. However, I want the SD Card slot and HDMI port (the significantly improved specs should help it last longer as well). The $500 savings and lower weight are the primary decision points for me.

NWR_insanolord:
I bumped it up to the lower Max chip, the 10 core with a 24-core GPU, with 32 GB of RAM and the 1 TB SSD. It's a lot of money, but I figure this is going to last me for a while, with my current one being 7 years old.

NWR_insanolord:
My new MacBook Pro got here today. I've only had it for a couple hours, but my first impression is it's very nice. Apple really streamlines the process of moving from one Mac to another, I was able to unplug the drive with my Time Machine backup from my old one and import it to the new one really easily, but there's still a fair amount of work involved in finishing the setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version