Author Topic: My Nintendo Now Live Worldwide: Miitomo Launched As Well  (Read 11108 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
My Nintendo Now Live Worldwide: Miitomo Launched As Well
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:17:49 AM »

Why is there a Gold reward for spending $97+ on an eShop game?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42422/my-nintendo-now-live-worldwide-miitomo-launched-as-well

Miitomo has launched in Australia and New Zealand, but the world can see My Nintendo now.

The rewards program went live overnight (U.S. Eastern time), and the big exclusive rewards are the previously announced Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Picross and WarioWare Touched. All members can also claim a code for Flipnote Studio 3D at sign-in - in North America, there is no point cost. Europe's rewards are similar to Japan's, while North America substitutes a Captain Toad for the yet-unreleased Metroid: Other M.

Missions are available which include linking social networking accounts to Miitomo and My Nintendo, as well as for accessing the eShop and Miiverse once per week.

See anything in your My Nintendo you want? Let us know in the Talkback below!

UPDATE: Miitomo is now live worldwide.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: My Nintendo Now Live Worldwide: Miitomo Launched As Well
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »
I was afraid i won't be able to use My Nintendo because i am not in of the supported countries.

I mostly used Club Nintendo to get Wii point card for downloadable games anyway. My Nintendo is even better for this because i can get 3DS and Wii U games. Though three currencies thing is off-putting because how much it resembles F2P schemes mobile games use.

I want to get New Luigi or WarioWare or Super Mario Land 2 or maybe 20% discount towards Link Between Worlds...

It's a shame that there is no grace period for purchases made in say the last month. I wished Tasks counted that.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 12:51:49 PM »
Now I'm kind of wishing I would have waited to purchase my copy of Fire Emblem Fates.

Offline tyto_alba

• Localization =/= Censorship
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 02:24:53 PM »
This makes me feel better about spending all that money on phyical games to get physical awards last year as they don't seem to be coming back anytime soon. good thing i ditched my smartphone last month as this new rewards program is targeted heavily to the always-looking-on-a-screen generation and not that rewarding at all.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 03:41:33 PM »
Really not loving this new reward system.

It's probably great for some people though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »
Really not loving this new reward system.

It's probably great for some people though.
I am guessing this is because you (are on record that) you prefer to buy physical and that is no longer rewarded. I agree this is a shame but I buy mostly digital now. The exception are games I think my kids will want to play independently on their own 3DS systems. I am now having a dilemma about Hyrule Warriors Legends. Buying digital will get me tons o points (and I prefer to have games on my system.) But this is one of those games the kids may also want to play. I guess I should ask them.
Or maybe buy digital now and pick up a really cheap physical copy in a month or so? Or just let them play it on my system when they want to?
Decisions, decisions...
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 05:24:57 PM »
Doesn't seem like that difficult a decision. Dump the kids off at the pound and then you've got the money for both digital and physical and the time to play the games to boot.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
Doesn't seem like that difficult a decision. Dump the kids off at the pound and then you've got the money for both digital and physical and the time to play the games to boot.
Yeah, screw them, little freeloaders!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 05:48:49 PM »

That's a terrible attitude to have towards children.

Remember: with a little training your rugrats can be kept busy by all kinds of menial labor jobs. Sure the pay isn't great... but they don't get to eat until they earn, so it's always a net plus for you!
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »

That's a terrible attitude to have towards children.

Remember: with a little training your rugrats can be kept busy by all kinds of menial labor jobs. Sure the pay isn't great... but they don't get to eat until they earn,

I'm sure that would be the same situation at the pound. Sounds like it would be a win - win solution for all.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 05:54:14 PM »
Today is no empathy day.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 06:10:45 PM »
Physical games aren't eligible, points expire after six months instead of two years, some rewards will be offered for only a short period of time, no physical rewards, slow website, some of the points earning stuff requires doing social media garbage... I didn't think it possible, but this is significantly worse than Club Nintendo.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »
Rewarding people for physical purchases is still something that could happen with the new account system, at least according to Bill Trinen:

“Initially, the focus is going to be on digital,” Trinen says, “but we do have a lot of ideas for what roll out down the road for packaged goods or real world interactions. I think we’ll continue to look at My Nintendo and how we can grow that as a rewards program, so that it really is trying to encompass all the different touch points of how people come into contact with Nintendo products.”

The new rewards program is already set up to allow you to enter codes for rewards points (if you were a Club Nintendo member you should get an email with a code for 200 platinum coins), so it certainly seems feasible. Either way, I'm sure there are some kinds of changes and additions to come. It's not overly impressive right now, but it's also less than a day old.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »
I have all my Nintendo accounts linked, but I can't use my Mii in Miitomo because I didn't allow my Mii to be copied. Okay, Nintendo.

So I go into both Wii U and 3DS to allow my Mii to be copied then go back to Miitomo. I can't use my Mii in Miitomo because I didn't allow my Mii to be copied. Okay, Nintendo.

I try again 20 minutes later. I can't use my Mii in Miitomo because I didn't allow my Mii to be copied. Okay, Nintendo.

I'm going to lie down for a while.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 06:31:41 PM »
Ah, I don't think I saw that quote before. That's good news! It doesn't address all those other problems I mentioned, but physical games not being eligible may be my number one issues right now, so fixing that would make me satisfied enough. That may not happen on 3DS and Wii U though, and instead start with their next system(s).

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 06:51:32 PM »
They could always start printing up code inserts again for physical copies of games.
Or, cooler, would be if your system recognized the first time you put in a new disc or cartridge and auto-credited you.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 06:53:51 PM »
I have all my Nintendo accounts linked, but I can't use my Mii in Miitomo because I didn't allow my Mii to be copied. Okay, Nintendo.

So I go into both Wii U and 3DS to allow my Mii to be copied then go back to Miitomo. I can't use my Mii in Miitomo because I didn't allow my Mii to be copied. Okay, Nintendo.

I try again 20 minutes later. I can't use my Mii in Miitomo because I didn't allow my Mii to be copied. Okay, Nintendo.

I'm going to lie down for a while.

Hey, at least you can use Miitomo. I'm locked out of probably all of Nintendo's mobile apps b/c my OnePlusOne is being falsely flagged as a rooted phone.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 06:58:21 PM »
Darn. You can buy all sorts of games on Nintendo.com and they start auto-loading to your linked system(s) but you can't go there and synch up a demo for auto-download.
At least not for Pokken Tournament. I don't know about other games.
Too bad.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 07:20:36 PM »
A new rewards systems to aggressively engage an audience!

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
How many platinum points were you supposed to receive for pre-registering Miitomo?
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 09:25:11 PM »
My Nintendo website is really nice. So much better than Club Nintendo. No more incredibly boring surveys

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 09:27:18 PM »
How many platinum points were you supposed to receive for pre-registering Miitomo?

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »

Thanks.  I also just discovered "Points History" off of the My Nintendo menu.
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »
I don't have any friends... :(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 10:11:35 PM »
You needed a Nintendo game to tell you that?

Looossseeeerrrr! I already knew I didn't have friends before this game came out!