Author Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Impressions  (Read 1719 times)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Kid Icarus: Uprising Impressions
« on: June 11, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »

Another new mode for Kid Icarus - automatic card battles.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/26749

Nintendo had three demos for Kid Icarus: Uprising at E3 -- single player, multiplayer, and card battles. The card battles weren't really playable; they were just a demonstration of the AR technology. Nintendo had a collection of "idol" cards featuring heroes and enemies from Kid Icarus, including names, character artwork, and each character's alignment.

Placing one card down worked similarly to the AR cards included with the 3DS system, though they were not cross-compatible. Place two cards facing each other, and the characters would battle each other until one or both were defeated.

The concept certainly has promise, but the demo was presumably early in development, as all you could do was watch the battle. Characters seemed to have set strengths, and it did not matter who you pit against each other. Nintendo has yet to announce how they plan to distribute the cards, though a few were given out at E3.

Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising Impressions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 08:11:37 PM »
This mode =  :-\
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »
I *NEED* a set of these E3 cards for my Nintendo trading card set.  Someone help me out. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 11:51:18 PM »
How was the multiplayer? Any word on whether or not it will be online?
James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 11:57:06 PM »
I thought multiplayer was pretty cool, but the control scheme makes it hard to turn around in heavy combat and face your foes. Neal's impressions of multiplayer are here: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/26669 Last word was that Sakurai was testing online.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 02:06:25 AM »
Thanks for the link. I'm really looking forward to more online titles from Nintendo. I've never really been able to get into online on the PC or consoles, but I literally spent most of my early teenage years playing the DS online. I made a lot of great friends doing that and I would like to see that happen again. Too bad I won't get to enjoy the next Jump Ultimate Stars if they make one. I hate region locks. I overclocked that game not long after I got it. In my opinion it is much better than Super Smash Brothers.
James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 09:44:17 AM »
These will be a collector novelty but, if the cards themselves have nice pictures and lore on them I probably be suckered into getting some.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.