Author Topic: Kim Dotcom loses No. 1 spot in Modern Warfare 3 rankings  (Read 6440 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Kim Dotcom loses No. 1 spot in Modern Warfare 3 rankings
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/kim-dotcom-loses-no-1-spot-in-modern-warfare-3-rankings-20120124/

Kim Dotcom, the founder of file-sharing site MegaUpload is currently in a jail cell somewhere in New Zealand after pleading not guilty on charges of piracy. He is most likely sitting there concerned about his future, but he also has another thing to worry about today: his Modern Warfare 3 rank. As well as making millions from MegaUpload, Kim Dotcom is (was?) a serious Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 player. He is known as MEGARACER in-game, and just before 2012 came around, he managed to attain the No. 1 position in the multiplayer rankings after a session that lasted well over 7 hours. So pleased was he and his friends with the achievement, they filmed the session and posted this video celebrating the event on YouTube:
Of course, being arrested means you can’t keep playing the game, and the inevitable has now happened. No. 2 player Arazos has continued playing and improved his stats to the point where he now ranks higher than Dotcom. Azaros’ impressive stats include 181,800 kills, 63,418 deaths, and a points total of 9.09 million. MEGARACER has 180,980 kills, 86,241 deaths, and 9.05 million points.

Too bad he wasn't allowed to keep playing in his prison cell in order to maintain his ranking
is your sanity...

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: Kim Dotcom loses No. 1 spot in Modern Warfare 3 rankings
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:35:14 PM »
If it were an American prison, he would have been allowed to continue playing his Xbox.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:04:13 AM »
He probably couldn't get a decent ping in there though

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:33:26 AM »
Doesn't matter if he's host.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »
the more i hear about Kim Dotcom the more he sounds like the actual most interesting man in the world. I hope he gets out of jail.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:26:15 PM »
the more i hear about Kim Dotcom the more he sounds like the actual most interesting man in the world. I hope he gets out of jail.

Not gonna happen anytime soon, the e-mails from him and the other executives showed that they knew their site was mainly used for piracy, that they rewarded those who uploaded lots of pirated content, and that they themselves download pirated content from their site. So his guilt is not in doubt.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »

Even more interesting than the Dos Equus guy?

Not gonna happen anytime soon, the e-mails from him and the other executives showed that they knew their site was mainly used for piracy, that they rewarded those who uploaded lots of pirated content, and that they themselves download pirated content from their site. So his guilt is not in doubt.

Unless the evidence was planted, like what happened with the bloody glove in the OJ Simpson case. (I don't buy that myself, but the jury did and that's whose opinion matters).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:04:02 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »
well if his call of duty skills translate to real life than maybe he can get out.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »
well if his call of duty skills translate to real life than maybe he can get out.

I don't think it translates to real life, because from looking at his picture it appears he is overweight and out of shape. Just like any typical gamer.
is your sanity...

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:06 PM »
I don't think it translates to real life, because from looking at his picture it appears he is overweight and out of shape. Just like any typical gamer.
damn

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
Wow. Really, Chozo Ghost?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
damn

idk the typical gamer isn't 6'6 285lbs, the best at call of duty, extremely rich, and a hacker

he almost has the origin story of Bane. I would make him a Bond Villain in a Bond Game just cause.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 11:35:42 PM »
When you have nothing to do but play Call of Duty for 8 hours a day, you will get good at it. LOL
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 12:55:39 AM »
His record for MW3 may be destroyed and by the time he ever gets out he will be so far behind he will probably never be able to get it back, but the good news for him is Activision keeps coming out with COD games, so if he gets out of prison 30 years from now he will be able to have a fresh start on COD Modern Warfare30, which I bet probably won't have changed all that much from MW3 (except for new maps).
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »
and poised for a comeback!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 11:04:56 PM »
He's not allowed online though :-p
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »
That would be pretty awesome. These MegaUpload dudes do seem like pieces of **** since everything that has been revealed about them...but for some reason I'm still rooting for them.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 06:24:51 PM »
It was just a procedural error, I don't think anything will change. And I don't see how people could root for him.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »
Searching someone's house without a warrant is a procedural error. Disposing of evidence is a procedural error. Anything that the cops do wrong is a procedural error. **** happens, but the law is the law. And lets not pretend like any of us have a clue about New Zealand's legal system.

I'm surprised you aren't rooting for him, after all, he was one of the heads of a large corporation. His company raped game developers (and customers, when they were willing) just like GameStop does.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »
Brandogg, they DID have a warrant. The procedural error is that the police asked for the wrong type of warrant. They did fix that error (when they filed a temporary warrant), and the judge is considering making it permanent. I am not a expert on New Zealand law, but I did some research and checked articles from New Zealand newspapers about this.

I don't support companies that support illegality, especially when the head of the company does it themselves and encourages others to do it.

Oh, and I just read a AP article that New Zealand let him become a resident despite his criminal past (convicted in Germany of computer fraud and stock-price manipulation) because of his money and at the time of his residency application he paid US$492,000 to sponsor a fireworks show.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »
The method of how he was arrested was an error. That last time the cops here went in with that much firepower was to arrest a handful of so called terror suspects with some actual weapons like AKs. The trial is currently underway, but from what I have seen they are innocent since they aren't terrorists, but a bunch of dudes getting some weapons training. The prevailing mood here is that the Americans had put our cops up to this level of response as nothing more than an intimidation tactic and as an exercise to push our police towards increased militarisation. It has done nothing but damage public opinion of the US.

Kim's past was dodgy, but for most part he has made good here. I goes beyond the fireworks. He was investing a lot into the local community and I am happy that we gave him a second chance after some consideration.

His company can be considered rather grey, but I support anything big enough to give the MPAA and RIAA a right good blood nose since they themselves are no better than legal criminals.

Edit PS: Hehe. You put a watch to how long it takes to get a smite from TJ when he is online.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:47:21 PM by oohhboy »
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
Well, ever since I changed phones, I've been wanting to get my Split/Second ringtone back but it was hosted on Megaupload so I couldn't redownload it.  I guess that's one upside to all this if a legitimate case gets thrown out because the police were morons who couldn't be bothered to check their paperwork before submitting it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.