Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection Brings 13 Turtles Titles To Switch In 2022  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

That is a LOT of pizza.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/59870/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-cowabunga-collection-brings-13-turtles-titles-to-switch-in-2022

Konami is cramming five years worth of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games into a new collection this year.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection has been announced for 2022 release and will include 13 classic TMNT games for US$39.99 (digitally and physically). By platform, the games are:

• Arcade - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time
  • NES - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Arcade Game, The Manhattan Project, Tournament Fighters
  • SNES - Turtles In Time, Tournament Fighters
  • Genesis - Hyperstone Heist, Tournament Fighters
  • Game Boy - Fall of the Foot Clan, Back from the Sewers, Radical Rescue

Where available, Japanese versions of the games and online play will be available. The emulation will be handled by Digital Eclipse, and will include rewind, save anywhere, button remapping, and development art.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
2022 is shaping up to be a great year for TMNT fans. I thought I would never get to play some of these. Can't wait!  ;D

Offline Cool Uncle Vince

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Oh wow!

The three versions of Tournament Fighters are completely different.  None are particularly good, but it's cool to see them back.

A highlight for me is the Game Boy "Radical Rescue", a Metroidvania from 1993.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
I guess adding the various computer versions would require a lot of different emulators and rights negotiations...

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
There is some serious value in this collection, even if it means including trash like Turtles in Time Arcade.   ;)

This time, I'm finally going to beat TMNT 1 NES.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I was a huge TMNT kid growing up and have played most of these.

The only ones I haven't played are the NES Tourney Fighters, the two Genesis games listed and the latter two GB games.

Of the Arcade games both are good.

NES: The Manhatten Project is best, the Arcade Game has a few extra levels not in the Arcade version but with two player co-op whereas the Arcade cabinet is 4 player co-op.

SNES both are great games. Karai is fun to use in Tourney Fighters.

Genesis while I haven't played either I think April O'Neil is in  Tourney Fighters and some of the Archie TMNT comic characters like Ray Fillet.   I think Hyperstone Heist is a varient of Turtles in Time.

Game Boy-  Fall of the Foot Clan is a side scrolling beat em up with some fun side games between stages.
I remember seeing the latter two games in Nintendo Power  but missed out on them.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Holy ****, now this is how you do a collection.  Got every Konami TMNT game from the classic era with no glaring omissions that are being saved for later collections.  Of course it's being sold for $40 which is more then these collections usually are, but I'd rather pay more for everything in one collection then buy 2 separate collections that end up equaling the same price anyway.

It'll be nice to play The Manhattan Project again since that was one of my favorite NES games as a kid but when I replaying my NES in the early 2000's, my cartridge was no longer working.  This bummed me out since The Manhattan Project is easily my favorite Turtles game.  Since it was designed exclusively as a home console game, it has much better level design and gameplay variety then the games based of their Arcade counterparts.

It'll also be great to try Radical Rescue for the GB, since I've heard a lot of good things about that game.  I'd also like to replay the 1st on the NES as well since I actually liked that game as a kid, but had to use a Game Genie to beat it.  I thought about buying it on the Wii Virtual Console for years but never got around to it.  Lets see if I can finally beat that game legit for once.

So yeah, this collection will definitely be an instant buy for me.  Hopefully this means Konami might be looking into doing more Collections of their license based games in the future.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I beat it a year or two ago and it is tough but doable. The underwater level is nothing compared to the final level. Turtle Power!

Offline NES_RPG_NERD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DUDES! Having flashbacks to my late teens/early 20s when the phenom just started!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I beat it a year or two ago and it is tough but doable. The underwater level is nothing compared to the final level. Turtle Power!

I actually got past that level without much trouble back in the day. It was the level AFTER that where I had a lot of problems. Don't think I got to the military base more than once.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.

I actually got past that level without much trouble back in the day. It was the level AFTER that where I had a lot of problems. Don't think I got to the military base more than once.

Can I suggest a YTer I came across in this past year who covered the 1st game in full?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NSM

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Where available, Japanese versions of the games and online play will be available.

Glad they didn't keep us waiting to find out whether Asuka's thong was included!