Author Topic: Four Games Added To Nintendo Switch Online Free Libraries  (Read 826 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Four Games Added To Nintendo Switch Online Free Libraries
« on: March 15, 2023, 05:33:19 PM »

Let's face it though, you're just here for Kirby.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/63159/four-games-added-to-nintendo-switch-online-free-libraries

The basic Nintendo Switch Online libraries have received injections of new games tonight.

Two Game Boy games, alongside a Super Nintendo and an NES game, are now available via Switch Online app updates. The games are, in order of initial release:

• NES: Xevious (1984/1988): Published by Namco in Japan and Bandai in the west pre-merger, Xevious is an early third party Famicom title that was one of the first great scrolling shooters in its arcade form. Notably, it was one of the first shooters to offer two "planes" of combat with both a standard gun and bombs for ground targets.
  • Game Boy: Burger Time Deluxe (1991): A portable version of the Data East arcade classic dealing with highly unsanitary food preparation.
  • Super Nintendo: Side Pocket (1993): A Data East-published pool game which was remastered from a 1987 NES game.
  • Game Boy: Kirby's Dream Land 2 (1995): The follow-up to the 1992 original (already available on NSO), it marks the debut of Kirby's animal friends Rick, Coo, and Kine - it's also the first game in the Dark Matter trilogy of Kirby games with Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Four Games Added To Nintendo Switch Online Free Libraries
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 11:15:11 AM »
I'm here for Kirby and Burger Time Deluxe. Way back when I did my thread on Best of the 3DS Shop: Game Boy VC, Burger Time got a couple recommendations. It's been on my 3DS wishlist for a few years and now I don't need to purchase it before the 3DS eShop closes. What a time to be alive!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 10:19:24 AM »
I think it is great the NES and SNES NSO apps are still getting some new games added. Obviously I prefer the arcade version of Xevious but this version is not bad.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 10:32:21 AM »
I think it is great the ... SNES NSO apps are still getting some new games added.

Well, I know Nintendo is still holding back a really big SNES game that still has yet to hit the service.

Yoshi's Cookie.

Oh, and Super Mario RPG but no one seems to remember that old game.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.