Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 930502 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Remember kids, a picture of a random riot could be considered 'political' #ImpeachShaymin

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Remember kids, a picture of a random riot could be considered 'political' #ImpeachShaymin

I saw that. This a clear violation of your rights as a poster. It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous. Do you need a lawyer?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Seriously, Tj Spyke got what... ten days for calling somebody a certain term that won't be repeated and SUPER got either 10 or 13 for f-ing with the rules. WTF did lucariofan do to deserve 30?

I wasn't the one who did it, so I'm not sure what the exact reasoning was, but I imagine it was that severe because of the history of apparently ineffective discipline in the past. If this were a first offense it probably wouldn't have been that much.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile

There... was going to put that in my riot thread but somebody had to lock it.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Aww, did somebody not get what they wanted?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Or I'm having way too much fun here... hunting for Justice

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I just looked at lucariofan's post history. His last 24 posts were entirely in caps. Regardless of the actual reason, he should have been banned in principle alone.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I MUST DISAGREE WITH ADROCK VERY STRONGLY ON THIS POINT. THIS IS THE INTERNET. RULES OF GRAMMAR OR PROPER ENGLISH ETIQUITTE DO NOT APPLY HERE.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Now, post in caps 23 more times. In a row.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Uhhh, you are aware that I have posted complete back and forth conversations on these forums multiple times, are you not? If you really want me to post 24 times in all CAPS, I can. Not really a challenge for me. However, you may want to think about that request first.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Nothing to think about. I'm not too worried about how you conduct yourself in the funhouse in particular. It wasn't really a request. It was a challenge. I don't think you can do it. Since you say you can, let's up the ante. Post in caps 240 times in a row. Do it. You won't.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I would strongly encourage you and everyone else here to not repeatedly post in all caps. If you really have to do that, please take it to some other forum where it's not my job to clean up your mess.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Is it too late to keep piling on Shaymin? Because he viciously vandalized my Mario Kart DLC thread a few weeks ago. Also he is a terrible Smash Bros players as evidenced by YouTube and my Power Rankings.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:07:06 AM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
It's never too late to keep piling on Shaymin. What a silly question, Soren.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Come on guys, he's a Maple Leafs fan, he's suffered and been piled on far more than anyone here could ever hope to accomplish.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Oh man. Why'd you have to tell us that? It's like criticising some one's poor work at school only to be told he has a learning disability. Sure, you can still get laughs from his mistakes but some people will call you cruel for targeting such an easy mark. It's just not fair.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
As much as I like Shaymin getting all the **** for this, let me explain everything.

I was working a late shift tonight.  Checking the forums on my break, I saw more posts from our friend Lucariofan, which were breaking all social norms.  Mostly, it was the ALL CAPS quality of the posts.  This, alone, wasn't the issue - but combining it with the fact he was doing this on several other parts of the forums...  if it were just the Funhouse (and whatever the hell y'all got going on in mafia), I'd let it be - but it was in Console Discussion, Reader Reviews, Talkback...  I just got through moving over two dozen posts (most of which were his, some of which were replies to him) from various forums into his Megathread here on the Funhouse.  I did not do this at work because doing such a task on my phone would have been annoying (and would have taken more time than my break allows...).

30 days - this is his third strike.  He's already been banned once for "SPAM" (whomever did that only left that as the note) and again for excessive use of a particular slur that I have zero tolerance for (well, there's a few on that list, but only one which we've had issues with here).  As a third strike, I'd say that's more than fair.  If one of the other mods wants to have mercy on him and lower it from 30 days, I won't argue - but I'm not doing it.  I already spent all my time I care to spend on it splitting/moving all of his posts and typing this explanation up.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I saw the writing on the wall as soon as Luigi Dude made that "NSMBU is better than Mario 64" post. Uncle Bob made a valiant effort to re-rail the thread, but it was too late. Still, it was a nice thread while it lasted.
Honestly, considering the title and OP, that thread ended up a lot better than I was expecting.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
When did Shaymin become a mod? Congrats! Welcome to being an easy target for the peanut gallery to fling dung at.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
He joined staff recently, he's our new news slave. Technically anyone on staff has the ability to be a mod, but most of them think they're better than us and don't actually come here in the first place.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Lucariofan's spirit still roams the forums, watching, waiting... you can feel his presence in every capital letter.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
30 days ban? That's just idiotic.
This pathetic excuse for a forum community has enough problems without completely alienating one of it's few enthusiasts. Plus, the kid's like 16 years old or something, isn't he?
5 days maximum gets the point across splendidly

consider me your court of appeal here. I have experience in that area...
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I disagree. Lucariofan is old enough to know better and he's been told about spamming before. It was particularly excessive this time, 24 straight all-caps posts in numerous threads all over the forums (and if someone is still using slurs of any sort in 2015, kindly grow the **** up and stop being horrible). This is not the first time he's been banned so he's intentionally trying to wreck discussions and be disruptive. Don't bring that **** to the forums. The mods are especially lenient here so if someone gets banned, he/she likely pushed way too far.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Adrock's "tough on crime" agenda wows voters in the flyover states. Film at 11.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
This arguing really is pointless. Just lower the ban a bit, if he comes back and fucks up again make it a permanent one.