Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 681308 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Thread: about to take our talents to Brooklyn
« Reply #1725 on: October 25, 2019, 11:52:25 PM »
So when I wasn't looking the Suns had three starters foul out in Rubio, Oubre Jr and Baynes. 

In OT they have Booker, Saric, Kaminsky, Carter and Tyler Johnson.   Booker has 5 fouls now.

19 seconds left in OT and it is Nuggets 108 to 107.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:58:06 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1726 on: October 26, 2019, 12:01:18 AM »
Booker got his jump shot blocked by Craig with 0.09 seconds. Grant got the rebound with 0.1 seconds. So close!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1727 on: October 26, 2019, 01:06:38 AM »
Lakers have been in control of the game since the middle of the 3rd quarter and it is looking like they will win tonight.  I am glad Caruso got on the court tonight in the 3rd to have another option at point guard with Cook and Bradley out there as well. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1728 on: October 26, 2019, 01:15:26 AM »
Lakers won 95 to 86. I really like the overall team defense that the Lakers played.  If you look at the box score you see that as a team the Lakers had 14 steals and 9 blocks. Also Green, Bradley, Caruso, Lebron, AD, McGee and Howard played really good defense.  I like this bounce back game for them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 26, 2019, 02:07:50 AM »
Lakers won 95 to 86. I really like the overall team defense that the Lakers played.  If you look at the box score you see that as a team the Lakers had 14 steals and 9 blocks. Also Green, Bradley, Caruso, Lebron, AD, McGee and Howard played really good defense.  I like this bounce back game for them.

Well, I look forward to the rematch once all our starters are healthy and the team as a whole has had more of a chance to gel. Yeah, Donovan "got his" as usual, but our usual big players like Ingles and Gobert were just nowhere to be found on the offensive end. Ingles in particular doesn't seem to be adapting well to the "Manu Ginobili" role of being the starter-caliber player on the bench.

Also, on Twitter I saw someone make a joke about the Jazz needing to find the Monstar that stole Mike Conley's talent. Yeah...WTF, Conley? We restructured our entire team around acquiring you, and you've been **** ever since!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 02:11:35 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1730 on: October 26, 2019, 02:16:46 AM »

Well, I look forward to the rematch once all our starters are healthy and the team as a whole has had more of a chance to gel. Yeah, Donovan "got his" as usual, but our usual big players like Ingles and Gobert were just nowhere to be found on the offensive end. Ingles in particular doesn't seem to be adapting well to the "Manu Ginobili" role of being the starter-caliber player on the bench.

Also, on Twitter I saw someone make a joke about the Jazz needing to find the Monstar that stole Mike Conley's talent. Yeah...WTF, Conley? We restructured our entire team around acquiring you, and you've been **** ever since!
I think only Kuzma and Rondo was out for the Lakers. Caruso was a game time decision.  Ingles looked like he strugged and if I am not mistaken isn't Gobert more defense oriented than offense oriented so he may not of been able to get much if I am correct?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 26, 2019, 02:36:50 AM »

I think only Kuzma and Rondo was out for the Lakers. Caruso was a game time decision.  Ingles looked like he strugged and if I am not mistaken isn't Gobert more defense oriented than offense oriented so he may not of been able to get much if I am correct?

He is, but the idea behind the new Jazz roster is that better spacing with all the players (now that, theoretically, the Jazz are a much bigger offensive threat) will allow Rudy to operate in the paint much more. Instead, his stats are down compared to his average. Hell, his rebounds are down, too.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1732 on: October 26, 2019, 02:46:30 AM »

He is, but the idea behind the new Jazz roster is that better spacing with all the players (now that, theoretically, the Jazz are a much bigger offensive threat) will allow Rudy to operate in the paint much more. Instead, his stats are down compared to his average. Hell, his rebounds are down, too.
Maybe it is a matter of Conley getting in synch with the rest of the team and then the offense will flow better.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 26, 2019, 11:07:07 AM »
When the Suns sets too soon and the Music stops too early.....

:moonface:

Hopefully come Sunday, the Warriors can perform a ritual to stop the Thunder from clapping.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 26, 2019, 10:52:29 PM »
Well, considering that the Jazz are currently annihilating the Kings (who did the same to them in the pre-season) behind a 26 point night from Bogdanovic, I'd say his ankle recovery went well. Even Conley & Ingles have managed to have good nights. I wish these performances were against a team that actually mattered, but a win's a win.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1735 on: October 26, 2019, 11:42:03 PM »
A win is a win.

On the Suns game tonight they are playing the Clippers tonight. 3rd quarter with 8:43 left. Clippers are up 64 to 62.  I am kinda surprised that the Suns are close right now.  Rubio and Ayton are out tonight.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1736 on: October 27, 2019, 12:46:33 AM »
I don't want to jinx it but the Suns are up 127 to 119 with 33 seconds left.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1737 on: October 27, 2019, 12:49:32 AM »
Doc Rivers is clearing the bench. Suns win!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 27, 2019, 02:44:08 AM »
Did the Lakers play tonight?

I got sent a vid on IG  of Lebron losing his "hair piece" live on TV during the game.
AD clued him in, then Bron attempts to fix it.

Did anyone else see that?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1739 on: October 27, 2019, 02:52:27 AM »

I got sent a vid on IG  of Lebron losing his "hair piece" live on TV during the game.

No the Lakers didn't play tonight. They played on Friday versus the Jazz.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1740 on: October 27, 2019, 10:17:34 AM »
Here is the highlights from last nights Clippers vs Suns game here in Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBtFtTaeZU

What I see is lots of hustle and good team D and just sharing the ball with everyone.  This isn't just Bookers team anymore. Others can step up also when the Suns are in need.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 27, 2019, 02:37:36 PM »

https://youtu.be/uYAWWpg56m4

Basically his hair weave slipped off during the game.
Dude just needs to let the hair go, or transplant from his beard. That's seems to grow in extra thick. Lol

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 27, 2019, 03:29:13 PM »
Doc Rivers is clearing the bench. Suns win!!

Sure, it's early and this is only one game. I try to never read too much into early season results because the teams we see playing now aren't really up to speed yet.

But what a great game by the Suns. Must feel really good for long-suffering fans to see the potential come together like that!
NNID: ejamer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 27, 2019, 04:42:15 PM »
Sure, it's early and this is only one game. I try to never read too much into early season results because the teams we see playing now aren't really up to speed yet.

That's what us Warrior fans will say for now....

this **** is hard to watch. Everyone is SOOOOOOO out of Sync. There is absolutely no chemistry, and if the Warriors make the Playoffs at all.... it's obviously gonna be on the back on UMVP Curry.

I seriously don't know who 75% of the people on the team are, and they all seem like TRASH right now. can we please un-retire Livingston (did I just say that!?) and trade someone to the Grizz to get Iguodala back!? pleeeeez!!! The team looks soooo lost on defense and offense right now.
it's really hard to watch.

It would be one thing if they were just getting out played by the opponent, but this group plays like they just met each other as they were tipping off the ball.
OKC almost has as many points in the first half as they had for an entire game their previous 2 games. defense as a unit is just non-existent, and offense has been laughably bad.

At this rate, we gonna have to beg D-Lo to stay, not have him worry if he's gonna get traded before the deadline. LMAO

edit: I swear if I see one more Warrior game where the ball goes up on offense and EVERYONE in a Warrior jersey immediately turns their back to the basket and head to the other side of the court, only to have the ball either bounce to exactly where they were just standing, or bounce to right next to they were at in the moment of retreat, but no attempt made on the ball, because they weren't even looking to get a rebound, I'm going to fucking SCREAM at Kerr, Dray and everyone else that should be defensive minded on the damn team.

and now D-Lo gets himself ejected just to not be part of this **** show anymore.... smfh
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 05:07:46 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 27, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
Man, I'd love to hear what's said in the GS locker room.  Like most people, I expected a clear drop-off given the loss of talent this year, but you are dead on that it looks like people have no idea what they are even supposed to be doing out there. With communication that bad on the court, how much frustration will the guys used to winning have after the games are done??

Seriously though, until Klay gets back and is fully healthy, you know everything that happens is just putting in time. If they can develop or discover a couple of young talents to groom in the meantime, even if they don't win in the process, that's a long-term victory for the team.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 27, 2019, 06:34:37 PM »
Dray has to be LIVID as he is the defensive glue, but I have a feeling DPOY Dray and UMVP Curry may not be making an appearance this year.

Dray is a great defender, as he can be all over the place, as he knows his teammates are covering the gaps and switching assignments on the fly. He now has to spent time making sure some guys are folling their assignments and watching their zones and not just following the ball while all the off-ball action happens behind them. This zone defense the Dubs been running has got to stop, but I don't think all these newbies can play switch defense that prior Dubs have had nearly perfected. Nothing they are doing from yesteryears is working as this group (outside of the Core 3) don't have a clue as to what to do or how to do it.

Curry will absolutely need to become the dominant ball handler in all live ball situations, D-Lo will have to adjust. They aren't running pick n roll situations right as they mostly just stick to Curry as he has no one to pass it to. No one besides Curry and D-Lo can consistently score to save their life. If any of them could just put up a decent number of successful attempts to make ignore them a costly move, Curry might be able to get open for a split second instead of exhausting himself trying to get open while lesser players take and miss wide open shots from all over the court.

On the plus side, ticket prices will probably come back down to reasonable levels for decent seats in the new year. At least one can hope. LOL
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:39:43 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 28, 2019, 12:02:42 AM »
It’s nice to see the Lakers look like an NBA team again.

LeBron hit all his free throws so that’s always a plus.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1747 on: October 28, 2019, 06:26:16 PM »
Dray has to be LIVID as he is the defensive glue, but I have a feeling DPOY Dray and UMVP Curry may not be making an appearance this year.

Dray is a great defender, as he can be all over the place, as he knows his teammates are covering the gaps and switching assignments on the fly. He now has to spent time making sure some guys are folling their assignments and watching their zones and not just following the ball while all the off-ball action happens behind them. This zone defense the Dubs been running has got to stop, but I don't think all these newbies can play switch defense that prior Dubs have had nearly perfected. Nothing they are doing from yesteryears is working as this group (outside of the Core 3) don't have a clue as to what to do or how to do it.

Curry will absolutely need to become the dominant ball handler in all live ball situations, D-Lo will have to adjust. They aren't running pick n roll situations right as they mostly just stick to Curry as he has no one to pass it to. No one besides Curry and D-Lo can consistently score to save their life. If any of them could just put up a decent number of successful attempts to make ignore them a costly move, Curry might be able to get open for a split second instead of exhausting himself trying to get open while lesser players take and miss wide open shots from all over the court.

On the plus side, ticket prices will probably come back down to reasonable levels for decent seats in the new year. At least one can hope. LOL

I was watching The Jump this morning and they were talking about how outside of the main players of Curry, Dreymond and maybe D'lo the rest of the players are going to have to adapt to a new playing style.  The gals on the show today was saying maybe the Warriors as a whole will have to figure out a new way to play to compliment everyone on the team and bringing the newer players in and figuring out what works for them and the main core as well.     

For BnM.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gor4mgCI6ME
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 28, 2019, 09:12:15 PM »
The gals on the show today was saying maybe the Warriors as a whole will have to figure out a new way to play to compliment everyone on the team and bringing the newer players in and figuring out what works for them and the main core as well.     

Totally agree with what the commentators are saying - this isn't bringing one or two new players into an established system, it's closer to an entirely different team after you take into account the injuries Golden State are dealing with. Many of those pieces were huge on both sides of the ball, so now the offense and defense are both basically being rebuilt from scratch.

They won't stay this bad. Every player that gets healthy and comes back into their lineup will help to stabilize things. But wow, what a rough start for a team not used to losing games!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 28, 2019, 09:47:17 PM »
We doing it right now tho.

Offensive rebounds lead to 2nd chance points.... Whowouldathunk!?