Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1050421 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #2925 on: August 19, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
At this point, any GameCube systems are probably rejects they can't sell in-store.  I mean, who's going to buy a GameCube now?

For what it's worth, they've actually been $20 for awhile.  It's just everyone suddenly noticed. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: August 19, 2014, 10:08:22 PM »
I thought they were out of stock for a long time, and then they suddenly appeared back in stock when it was posted here.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: August 20, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »
PAL/UK sale:
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: August 21, 2014, 09:21:02 AM »
I might bite on Sonic Lost World being on sale if that's in the US as well eventually.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: August 29, 2014, 10:04:25 PM »
I might bite on Sonic Lost World being on sale if that's in the US as well eventually.

I got the demo for Lost World and thought it was okay. I mean, it looked great, I'm just not much of a Sonic player. I kind of want it just because it reminds me of SM Galaxy, but not unless I could get it dirt cheap. What were your thoughts on it?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: August 30, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
Some good deals going on for Kmart SYWR members (which is free to get anyhow),  There's an $20 facebook coupon (one coupon per email use) which can stack with existing preorders rewards.

https://www.facebook.com/shopyourway/posts/934698423223382
After you enter your email address you'll get an email with a barcode, that barcode is the reward coupon code.  After you check the game you want in your cart you can add coupons--type in that code.

Managed to snag Smash Brothers WII U for $25 (well $65 with $40 store credit--20 for the facebook coupon and 20 for preordering the game).

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: September 04, 2014, 12:33:30 PM »
Super Mario 3D World and NSMBU are both $39.99 on the eShop as part of the Smash Bros. sale.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2932 on: September 04, 2014, 11:12:25 PM »
So I'm really bored and trying to guess what else could come up in that Smash sale.

We know a few of the games already thanks to my local branch, and can get an idea of what comes up. Well, except for Week 4, which is friggin' loaded (Pikmin 3, Tropical Freeze and Farmville).

The candidates for week 2 are:
Zelda - Zelda I/II, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina 3D, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Wind Waker HD, Minish Cap (confirmed)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (confirmed)
Sonic: Game Gear Sonic 1 is confirmed, there's some other Game Gear games, the 3D Sonic 1 remake and Lost World
Mega Man: 1-6 on both, X1 (confirmed), 2 or 3, Battle Network and Battle Chip Challenge
F-Zero: The original or Maximum Velocity
Kid Icarus: Original (regular or 3D Classic), Myths and Monsters, Uprising

I think the retail games are Wind Waker HD, Ocarina 3D, Awakening (hopefully the DLC goes on sale too), Uprising and Lost World, with Minish Cap, F-Zero, X1 and the Game Gear Sonic for the downloads. Theoretical Day 1 sales: F-Zero GP Legend, Fire Emblem, Sacred Stones, Mega Man 7

Week 3:
Pokemon: X and Y, Dream Radar, Pokedex Pro, Rumble U (confirmed), Battle Trozei (confirmed), and Rumble Blast
Metroid: 1 (confirmed on both), II, Super, Fusion, Zero Mission
Wii Fit Trainer: Duh (Wii Fit U's already confirmed)
Mii Fighters: Wii Sports Club games, Wii Party U, Tomodachi Life, Pilotwings Resort, the Streetpass games

I'd say we get Pokemon XY, Wii Party U and Wii Fit U that week, with downloads of Metroid, the two Pokemon games already listed, Super Metroid, and the Streetpass games. Potential day 1 deals: Metroid Zero Mission (given that Zero Suit Samus is listed, this is almost certain) and Pokemon Trading Card GBC

Week 4:
Donkey Kong: Returns 3D, Tropical Freeze (already confirmed), DK 1, DK Jr, DK3, DK Jr Math, Donkey Kong '94
Kirby: Dream Land 1-3, Star Stacker, Pinball Land, Adventure (regular/3D Classic), Superstar, Dream Course, Avalanche, Amazing Mirror, Triple Deluxe, Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, Kirby Fighters Deluxe
Pikmin: Pikmin 3 (already confirmed)
Star Fox: Star Fox 64 3D (not confirmed, but pretty much the only option)
Pac-Man: Pac-Land, Pac-Man (three different ways), Ghostly Adventure 3DS / Wii U (already confirmed)
Villager: Farmville (already confirmed)

This is both the easiest and hardest to call. Your retails are Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Star Fox 64 3D (because there is literally no other game with Fox on the eShops and none comng), Farmvlle, and Ghostly Adventure... but the downloads are way harder. I'm tabbing Dedede Drum Dash and Kirby Fighters because Dedede's specifically called out - same reason I picked Uprising for Kid Icarus - Pac-Land, and we'll go with the NES Donkey Kong trilogy. Potential day 1 sales: Donkey Kong Land, Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land, Mario vs Donkey Kong.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: September 05, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »
What about Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the villager?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: September 05, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
Or the Animal Crossing Clock on DSiWare.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: September 05, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
I am very pissed that Animal Crossing isn't part of the Villager discount. I was going to buy it if it was.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: September 05, 2014, 01:16:25 PM »
I am very pissed that Animal Crossing isn't part of the Villager discount. I was going to buy it if it was.
Wait... did they announce all the titles that are part of the upcoming discounts?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: September 05, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »
Wait... did they announce all the titles that are part of the upcoming discounts?
I worded it wrong. Sorry. I meant if it isn't.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2938 on: September 05, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »
::facepalm::

I can't believe I forgot Link Between Worlds.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: September 25, 2014, 12:11:12 PM »
Now I can finally get Animal Crossing now that it is $20....this weekend.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: September 25, 2014, 02:16:37 PM »
I was able to get it for $20.50 last year. Definitely got my money's worth out of it and then some.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: October 09, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »
Attention Canadian shoppers: Sonic Boom for Wii U is up for pre-order on Amazon.ca, priced at $30. Could be a pricing error, so you may want to act fast.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KX7672U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=390961&creativeASIN=B00KX7672U&linkCode=as2&tag=gamed0e-20

Courtesy of CAG.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2942 on: October 09, 2014, 07:47:52 PM »
Got it and the 3DS version as well for $30.

I sense I will regret this.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2943 on: October 28, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) – $7.99 (was $19.99)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) – $8.99 (was $19.99)
Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) – $15.99 (was $49.99)

Sale on the eShop until November 4.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: October 28, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Phil.  :)  Those seem like pretty good deals.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: October 29, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
If anyone grabs The Mercenaries 3D and wants a co-op partner, lemme know. I've still got some more skills to level, but just know that I'm not very good at the game.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: October 31, 2014, 02:51:10 PM »
If anyone grabs The Mercenaries 3D and wants a co-op partner, lemme know. I've still got some more skills to level, but just know that I'm not very good at the game.
Did we just get SS on all the stages? I can help you level up those last skills. I haven't played in a while, but I'm pretty sure I just used HUNK with Rebecca's loadout.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: November 07, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »
Buy One Get One 40% Off at Toys R Us today and tomorrow. I'm hoping to pick up Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2. Wish me luck. Or not. If not, f you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: November 07, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »
Did we just get SS on all the stages? I can help you level up those last skills. I haven't played in a while, but I'm pretty sure I just used HUNK with Rebecca's loadout.
I'm not sure if we even got all the SS ranks since I didn't really like the EX levels. I'm busy with other games right now but we might have to give it another go sometime.

And good luck getting the Toys 'r Us sale! Too bad this isn't happening later this month so I could use it to get the two Smash Brothers games or something.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: November 16, 2014, 06:19:36 PM »
Attention Canadian Shoppers: Kirby Triple Deluxe (and apparently A Link Between Worlds) is currently $19.99 at Shopper's Drug Mart!

I picked up my copy of Kirby at 12:30 last night/this morning!