Author Topic: What new game do you hope to see Nintendo announce in the next year?  (Read 20275 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
We know a lot of what Nintendo has planned to release this year, with titles like Smash Bros., X and Yarn Yoshi to look forward to. But there are sure to be, or at least will hopefully be, other titles that we don't currently know about.

What do you hope to see out of Nintendo? Try to stay at least somewhat realistic, but feel free to go a little crazy if it's something you really want to see.

Personally, I really want to see a new entry in the Advance Wars series. I've always been a big fan of those games, and have really been in the mood for one lately. Releasing some of the older ones on the 3DS/Wii U eShop would be great too.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: What new game do you hope to see Nintendo announce in the next year?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 03:56:40 AM »
Cue dozen of generic "new IP" responses from people who didn't buy Pandora Tower, Xenoblade and Wonderful 101.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 04:03:27 AM »
New IPs are great, but it'd be nice if people had at least vague ideas for what types of things they might want to see.

J.P. Corbran

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 05:15:20 AM »
Cue dozen of generic "new IP" responses from people who didn't buy Pandora Tower, Xenoblade and Wonderful 101.

Hey, I bought all three of those, I have incredible authority here.

I feel like there's going to be one major release (i.e. not an NES Remix/Dr. Luigi) they haven't announced yet for late summer or the part of the fall/winter that isn't covered by Smash. I get the sense that Yarn Yoshi has been put back in the oven, or round-filed, and if that's the case I can't say I'm broken up about it. I also, really doubt X or Hyrule Warriors is going to make it this year. (Nintendo's got a release calendar to stretch out until 2016 after all.)

So what would I want?

Maybe realistic: There were those 64 HD remaster rumors awhile back, but at this point I would be down for a Super Mario Sunshine HD with the Wind Waker treatment. Spruced up graphics, fix the camera glitches, streamline blue coins and add new shine objectives to make up for them.

Not going to happen: 2.5d Metroid Dread (or whatever) for WiiU, $40 retail. I know better than to ask for pixels.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 05:28:33 AM »
A Sunshine remake a la Wind Waker would be great. I was actually talking about it on Twitter in the last couple days, hoping they'd cut the blue coin **** and replace those shines with actual levels.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 08:36:20 AM »
If I had to pick just one: 2D Metroid. I will ask for HD sprites.

If additional suggestions are welcome:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Earth... Waker? It's Wind Waker on land! Essentially this just reuses the Wind Waker HD engine and adds Epona and earth-based puzzles.

2. Super Wario Bros. No saving princesses here because FBGM.

3. A direct sequel to Super Mario RPG, meaning a collaboration with Square Enix.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 08:59:46 AM »
Blake Griffin's NBA Courtside.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »
It's probably a little early since the 3DS version just came out last year but I'd like to see an Animal Crossing game for Wii U.  I haven't bought any of them since the original and I think I'm ready for a new one.  It seems like the game would be a good fit for off-TV play and perhaps a game where Nintendo could put the gamepad to good use.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »
Full 3D Pokémon RPG for the Wii U.  The console Pokémon game we've all wanted for 16 years.  It should have the proper "catch 'em all" approach of the handheld games.  I want it full 3D, not that fixed camera nonsense from X/Y but full 3D like you're playing a console Zelda game.  This is probably the only thing that I imagine could ever save the Wii U and I wonder if Nintendo has just been saving the idea for a rainy day.  Well the levee broke so now is the damn time.  I would buy a Wii U for this.  It's a pipe dream but I would hope that the Wii U's poor sales would inspire a major response from Nintendo.

I would like to see a new IP from Retro but if I'm to be more specific than that let's go with an FPS.  I want Retro to make the replacement for Perfect Dark, even if it is coming ten years late.  I want a really good single player mode and multiplayer mode supporting both online and local play.  Don't skimp on one to favour the other.  I don't want it to be a "me too" game either.  It should be conventional enough to be a good alternative to Call of Duty or Halo but it should also be original and creative enough to stand on its own.  Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were the top of the line for console FPS when they came out.  I want that same thing from Retro.  The best console FPS ever made... only on the Wii U.  Imagine if Nintendo had been continuing the Perfect Dark series this whole time and what one made today would be like.

What both of these games have in common is that they're ambitious and grand.  If Nintendo revealed these games at E3 it would be a statement and would be a clear reaction to the Wii U's failures.  Deep down I just want to see a "new" Nintendo and not some dumb exercise company but a videogame company that needed a wake-up call and has finally pulled their heads out of their asses.  I fear that at E3 the message from Iwata will be to just putter along as usual with safe unambitious games.  Or a hint that this "wellness" crap is their exit from videogames.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »
STAR FOX. I've been itching for some space combat a la Wing Commander

Also, I want Arwings that change in to mechs Macross style.

(This game will never, ever happen)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 12:59:20 PM »
Cosmic Walker.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:18:04 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »
My first thought was a new Wario Land game, because Shake It! was so great on Wii.  But a 2D Metroid title would probably be preferable... even though I'd be nervous about the direction that game takes after the Other M storyline.  Hopefully a massive HD revamp of Metroid 2 - more along the lines of Zero Mission than Fusion.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »
Ooh Cosmic Walker, that's a good choice.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 09:53:25 PM »
My first thought was a new Wario Land game, because Shake It! was so great on Wii.  But a 2D Metroid title would probably be preferable... even though I'd be nervous about the direction that game takes after the Other M storyline.  Hopefully a massive HD revamp of Metroid 2 - more along the lines of Zero Mission than Fusion.

Damn, I'm onboard for either (Shake It! was fucking great and beautiful, really under-appreciated in my book), but a Metroid 2 remake sounds fantastic. I remember seeing a trailer for a fan-made SNES-grade treatment, but never heard about a release. At the time it seemed like a great idea that Nintendo should make itself. Especially given how good Zero Mission was. And even if it was a true Metroid V (IV?) I really wouldn't worry about Nintendo giving too much of a **** about Other M's story. They could easily just ignore it or make some passing reference when setting up a completely new and unrelated scenario (oh ****, there's more Metroids!).

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 11:25:31 PM »

Well the team that made Shake It is currently making Yarn Yoshi so it'll be a while before they even have the option of doing another Wario Land game.  Metroid could be doable though thanks to IGA leaving Konami to make his own studio and the fact he's even stated he'd love to make one as well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/former-castlevania-producer-would-love-to-work-on-metroid

The people who made Wario Land: Shake It were former Konami employees who left that company, so it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo got involved with ex-Konami employees to work on one of their series that their own studio's haven't done in a while.  Since IGA was pretty well known for making these kind of games and would like to do it, I think it could just be a matter of time before Nintendo contacts him to make one.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 07:59:47 PM »
See avatar

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 08:18:30 PM »
Muchroom Kingdom (Kingdom Hearts but with Mario instead of FF, especially now since Disney owns Starwars and Marvel)--I'll Kill for this game.

Excite Bike (kinda like Trials but less arcade like)

And Bowser is long overdue to have his OWN game.

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 09:03:24 PM »
At first I was against just re-releasing more GC games remastered in HD but then I remembered two things that changed my mind, first all those PS2 games remastered on PS3 are actually pretty good bargains, and two the Game Cube had some of the best games around at the time.

If they can do 1 new remake HD remaster a year that would be fine by me, I would love to do a full redo of Mario 64 instead of Sunshine though. If they tackled Sunshine it would just make the Wii U lose more of it's identity instead of a botched follow up to Wii it will turn into the proper follow up to Game Cube but with too many rehashes it will be harder to get it's own identity.

IF they could do one HD remake a year, or do it like Sony has been and get some collections going I would like the following:

Metroid HD Saga, kind of like the Metal Gear Solid collection, go all the way back to NES, include everything up to and including Other M, all remastered in HD on one disc if they can do it. None of that voucher crap for the Virtual Console version either.

Super Mario All Stars Remix HD, something like the one on Wii but a full HD remix that includes a few more extra games.

Kirby Super Star HD

In fact just do a bunch of HD collections on all their big franchises just to get some damn games out the door. Forget the virtual console I want remixes and in HD because even with good filters some of those games look terrible on an HDTV.

If they were going to do something from the Game Cube era I would like a full HD remake of Star Fox Adventures bundled with Assault and throw F Zero GX for the hell of it. Even a Pikmin 1 & 2 HD remake bundle would be nice.

Being more realistic here, I am hoping Hyrule Warriors comes out this year, if so that is the game that might push me into getting a Wii U.

I think they will quietly retool Yarn Yoshi into a more Yoshi's Island type game.

Dreaming here but I would like to see a Final Fantasy X*** style HD remake/sequel to Super Mario RPG. I would be down for a full HD remake/remix of Super Mario RPG also.

For new franchises I would like to see Nintendo try something like a Shining Force style game but not a Fire Emblem.

Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »
Cosmic Walker.

They should have revived that and released it when Gravity was out. Maybe get a bit of love by association.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline the asylum

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 01:09:55 AM »
I still think there should totally be a Mario Paintball

But of course, Japan doesn't have nearly the same level of interest in FPS that the west does, so Mario Paintball is one notch below Shenmue III on the reality scale

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 07:50:08 AM »
...  Metroid could be doable though thanks to IGA leaving Konami to make his own studio and the fact he's even stated he'd love to make one as well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/former-castlevania-producer-would-love-to-work-on-metroid

This would be fantastic news.  Not going to hold my breath... but a 2D Metroid from Iga?  Sign me up.
NNID: ejamer

Offline the asylum

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
...  Metroid could be doable though thanks to IGA leaving Konami to make his own studio and the fact he's even stated he'd love to make one as well.

This would be fantastic news.  Not going to hold my breath... but a 2D Metroid from Iga?  Sign me up.

As long as it doesn't involve Sakamoto, how bad could it be?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »
This'll sound strange, but the first thing that came to mind was Mario Party 10. I think they could come up with some interesting minigames incorporating the GamePad, and I also like some of the ideas introduced in Mario Party 9 and would like to see them expanded.

Another obvious game is Battalion Wars III, the GamePad would be great to use to command the troops.

A new Zelda Four Swords with some online play would be swell also.

On that note, I'd really like a new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. This might technically count as third-party, but I think Nintendo published the first game in the series. They could probably do something interesting with the GamePad as well, though I wouldn't want that to be integral as I'd want online play to be possible.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »
paper mario wii u and metroid prime 4
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »
1. A new Pokemon Card title on 3DS with online multiplayer, wonder trade, and streetpass trading/battle features.

2. As Mop It Up said, Battalion Wars III sounds like an awesome idea.

3. I would be happy with a Pokemon title on WiiU in the style of Dragon Age.

4. Lets get a Metroid title that has similarities to Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep