Author Topic: connecting GBA Micro to GameCube?  (Read 4721 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
connecting GBA Micro to GameCube?
« on: August 25, 2017, 02:06:48 PM »
Nintendo never made a real cable to do this... but it was possible to splice up your own custom cable with a bit of know-how and some ingenuity.

I have two such GBA Micro-to-GameCube cables that are in great condition, but no longer in use.

If you would like one sent to you for free, post here and use private message to send me your mailing address. Priority goes to people who are active on the forums and/or that I recognize who you are.

The number of people who own/enjoy GBA Micro consoles and still have any interest in using the GameCube link feature seems obscenely small by now. Figured this would be the best place to find a fan who might enjoy them.

Cheers,
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: connecting GBA Micro to GameCube?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:22:48 PM »
I have a Micro and Gamecube! I have no cable to connect them! I guess I'd be interested in 1.

I remember years ago UncleBob making a topic about this. Always meant to look into it someday but this could save me some trouble. You want some AC cards in return?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 02:59:46 PM »
I have a Micro and Gamecube! I have no cable to connect them! I guess I'd be interested in 1.

I remember years ago UncleBob making a topic about this. Always meant to look into it someday but this could save me some trouble. You want some AC cards in return?

My AC card collection is complete (woohoo! thanks very much to all of the kind traders here) so I'm happy to just send you one for free.  PM me your mailing address.
:)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 09:49:17 PM »
Oh! Would love to get one as I am going to be buying a Micro soon to round out my Gameboy collection. Thanks for your generosity!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 11:35:44 PM »
Oh! Would love to get one as I am going to be buying a Micro soon to round out my Gameboy collection. Thanks for your generosity!

And that's all, folks! Second cable will take a few days to get mailed out - but I'll send you a PM once it's on the way.

Cheers,

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 07:15:23 PM »
Forgot to mention, I received this in the mail last week. I was surprised at the quality of it. You'd almost think it was an officially released connecting cable from Nintendo. Thank you very much for this ejamer. I'm now a bit closer to my goal of finally playing Four Swords Adventure as it was meant to be played.

Also interesting to know that you view me as Captain N.  ;)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 09:16:43 PM »
I've never player either Crystal Chronicles or Four Swords with 4 people. Only ever managed to gather three friends.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 10:52:03 PM »
Also interesting to know that you view me as Captain N.  ;)

Grew up watching the cartoon and thinking that it was (mostly) awesome. Plus, your avatar has finger zapper going on... so, yeah.

But man, what was up with Mega Man's voice?!

The second cable is about to be sent out this week - I already sent a PM to the intended recipient earlier to let him know.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:54:14 PM by ejamer »