Author Topic: DuckTales Remastered Coming to Wii U  (Read 9720 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: DuckTales Remastered Coming to Wii U
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
Gameplay + a reworked boss battle.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/380890544
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 06:54:49 PM »
This is some of the crazier video game news I've read in a while.

I never played the NES game (My only Ducktales video game experience was this steaming pile), but lord knows I loved hearing the theme song from when I used to watch the cartoons.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 07:01:24 PM »
There are very few games I'll let myself get irrationally excited for. This is one.

Yep.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
DuckTales is was such a part of my childhood that I remember the first episode I ever saw and where I was at the time.  I don't remember such details for He-Man, G.I. Joe or TMNT but I remember it for DuckTales.  The first episode I saw was the one where they discover that underground civilzation with those people that turn into balls and cause earthquakes and I watched it at the house of a girl I went to school with, whose parents were babysitting me after school during a time both my parents were working.

When I was a kid I thought the line "everyday they're out there making DuckTales" referred to the Disney company making new episodes every day, which I thought was false advertising as the show quickly went into reruns after about a year and new episodes were released infrequently.  I did not take kindly to being bullshitted when I was a kid!

When I started collecting NES games I made sure to get DuckTales as everyone said it was a great game and it is a Capcom NES game which usually means the game is a must-buy.  I actually don't like it much.  The enemies constantly respawn.  You'll kill one and then another one just immediately appears like there's some endless assembly line of them.  I know Mega Man enemies respawn if I leave the screen and come back but they don't reappear in front of me if I stand still.  That's a little too much of the "screw the player" gameplay design of the times (though now it's too extreme in the other direction) for me to enjoy it without the "wow, I'm playing DuckTales!" factor I would have had playing it as a kid.  I wonder if this remake will have that as well.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 10:55:50 AM »
You know what is sad.  Their was a Ducktales reboot comic before the Darkwing Duck one I thumb through a few.
Don Rosa stopped drawing because of health problems and there is no one to pick up the torch.

This is sad.

Did he? man, that is a bummer. Is William Van Horn still making comics?

Offline LudicrousDa3ve

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »
I'm excited. I adored this to no end when I was a kid, and enjoyed it just as much when I played it several years ago. The kicker is, I didn't watch Disney anything until I had children myself. I just really enjoyed the game.
    On a side note, definitely have to get it on Wii U; the 360 dpad is horrendous, and even the fight pads I use for competition can't touch Nintendo's pads.
     On yet another side note, I wonder if we could end up getting the NES original as a bonus?

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 10:40:37 PM »
For 15 bucks I hope they add a lot of content to justify an extra ten bucks.  I loved the show and the NES game.  Definitely looking forward to the WiiU release.
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline xcwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 12:26:48 AM »
Tons of responses for this. Looking forward to it, but agree with Art de Cat, there better be some new content. Just a graphics overhaul will be lazy.

I own both NES carts still thankfully, so at least I have something.

But it looked like it had some stuff that wasn't in the original.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »
It would be kind of neat if Wayforward could make a 2-D TMNT game.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 08:20:28 PM »
When I was a kid I thought the line "everyday they're out there making DuckTales" referred to the Disney company making new episodes every day, which I thought was false advertising as the show quickly went into reruns after about a year and new episodes were released infrequently.  I did not take kindly to being bullshitted when I was a kid!

This... this explains so much. Damn them and their gimmicky theme music!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »
Hahahaha

Seriously, Ian...You must have been the only one on the planet to think that! I assume most kids were like me; scarfing down cereal, spilling milk everywhere as I bounced on the couch, only taking a pause to sing "Ducktales AaaoooO!".
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 01:28:21 AM »
This is awesome news!  I had actually bought a few of the DVDs not long ago, and I've been introducing them to my kids.  They love it.  Even my 2 year-old was asking for more Ducktales the other night.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline xcwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 06:59:04 AM »
(I forgot how dumb that song was), but the game looks really cool.

Is this not the most bannable comment that has ever been posted on the internet? Just think about it NWR.

I am not going to assume like some others that this remake is going to turn out alright. I look forward to it, but not going to buy it automatically. For all we know, they will add a tutorial, quick time events, and Scrooge will magically get his health back when you hide behind walls.

But the song remastered is AWESOME. That is confirmed.

Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior