Author Topic: DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves Coming to Wii  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves Coming to Wii
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:23:17 PM »
Groove to the beat with Mickey, Minnie, and friends to 40 popular Disney songs in the latest iteration of the popular rhythm game.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=16940

It was almost eight years ago when the first game in the popular DanceDanceRevolution series debuted on a Nintendo home system. That game, which never saw release outside of Japan, was Dance Dance Revolution Disney's World Dancing Museum for the Nintendo 64. On Tuesday, Konami Digital Entertainment revealed that a new Disney themed DDR game is heading to Wii. DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves will allow a new generation of gamers to dance to Disney tunes.    

As with previous DDR games, players must finish dance challenges in order to gain access to all 40 Disney songs. Animated characters such as Mickey, Goofy, and the anthropomorphic duck, Donald appear in the game.    

Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment said that the game will employ the "unique capabilities of the Wii to offer [the] ultimate interactive dancing experience." One feature that could only appear on the Wii is the Dressing Room mode in which players can guise their Mii's in Disney outfits.    

New costumes, songs, and stages can be unlocked in the mode called Groove World. Players will have the opportunity to take snapshots of their Mii with a Disney character in the My Studio mode. A Training Mode, Advanced Mode, and Workout Mode are also included in the package.    

DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves is set for release in March 2009. The game will also be available in a bundle that features a dance pad controller.      

KONAMI ANNOUNCES DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves    

DanceDanceRevolution Fans Now Have Popular Disney Characters and 40 Favorite Disney Songs for the Nintendo Wii    

EL SEGUNDO, CA - October 7, 2008 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced the launch of DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves for the Nintendo Wii. The title is being developed by Bemani, the original pioneers of the video game music genre that brought to market the hit sensation DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party! The latest installment, combines the popular rhythm-dancing phenomenon with classic Disney songs and characters creating a "must-have" for fans of DanceDanceRevolution: Disney GroovesDanceDanceRevolution, Disney and the Wii.    

"DanceDanceRevolution:Disney Grooves marks the third time we have worked with Disney on a DanceDanceRevolution title," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "However, this is the first one that utilizes the unique capabilities of the Wii to offer an ultimate interactive dancing experience that is certain to thrill fans of Disney and the DanceDanceRevolution franchise."    

DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves features some of the most popular Disney characters of all-time including Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy along with enhanced graphics and 40 favorite Disney tunes. Players will have to complete dance challenges in order to unlock more and more music. For a more personalized experience DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves will allow players to customize their very own Mii's with special Disney costumes in its Dressing Room mode.    

Additional exclusive modes that will extend the game beyond the standard DanceDanceRevolution format include a Groove World where players achieve goals to unlock cool new costumes stages and songs. Workout Mode, Training Mode and Advanced Mode will challenge the physical limits of experienced players. The game will also feature a My Studio mode that enables players to take pictures of their customized characters, or strike a pose with classic Disney characters.    

DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves is scheduled to launch this March 2009.The bundle version includes dance pad controller and game software. For more information please visit the website at www.konami.com.

Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: DanceDanceRevolution: Disney Grooves Coming to Wii
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 05:31:29 AM »
This means nothing without a songlist!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:04:24 AM »
Please don't force another mat on me.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:27:25 AM »
This means nothing without a songlist!

Disney tunes

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 09:09:24 AM »
Ohhh...I can't wait to dance to "Under the Sea"!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 03:03:07 PM »
omgz, this shoulda been teh Wii music songs.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 03:09:43 PM »
As with previous DDR games, players must finish dance challenges in order to gain access to all 40 Disney songs. Animated characters such as Mickey, Goofy, and the anthropomorphic duck, Donald appear in the game.

Why did the article have to single out 'the duck' like that and not mickey or goofy? Why can't we live in an anthropomorphic-blind society?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.