Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1050784 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #2375 on: July 21, 2011, 11:26:06 AM »
$15 for any non-band Guitar Hero/DJ Hero/Tony Hawk Ride bundle at Toys R Us. http://c.toysrus.com/qrp1/?url=qrp1
It totally works; I tried it earlier this morning.
Really, I never owned a Guitar Hero game and Tony Hawk Ride was a curiosity I wouldn't mind for a low price.

Edit:
Picked up
Guitar Hero:
3 Legends of Rock
Warrior of Rock

and Tony Hawk Ride.

Plus 3 Mystery Lego Men.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:02:12 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 21, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »
Do you have to have a phone in order to get the deal?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2377 on: July 21, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »
I don't think so. It wouldn't even scan when I went, and he had to punch in the number manually. The coupon says that it must be surrendered, which doesn't even make sense on a phone.

I picked up DJ Hero 1 & 2, Tony Hawk Ride & Shred, and Guitar Hero 5.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:09:26 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 22, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
I don't think so. It wouldn't even scan when I went, and he had to punch in the number manually. The coupon says that it must be surrendered, which doesn't even make sense on a phone.

I picked up DJ Hero 1 & 2 and Tony Hawk Ride & Shred.
The didn't have Shred at mine and I don't think I get into DJ Hero from playing the demo units.  When I went into my Toys R' Us my first question was if this coupon was real and before I could show her she knew which one I was talking about, showed me what was applicable, and I was ringed up.  She had the code at the register.  I'm thinking their trying to get rid of them to recoop floor space.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a remodeling going on soon.  I hope they do it like Target or go back to how it was during NES days with the plastic holders you flipped through to see each side and taking up the paper slips.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 22, 2011, 04:09:01 PM »
I ended up going to multiple locations to get everything. GH World Tour and Warriors of Rock were gone though; I think there was an earlier sale.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:19:46 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 22, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »
Yeah I didn't see 4,  I wonder if it be worth getting as well.  I'll probably not finish the 3 who am I kidding.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 22, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »
I called the store nearest me and all they had were DJ Hero bundles, which I'm not interesting in. I wanted to check out Tony Hawk Shred, mostly out of curiosity for how well the board controller works. Oh well, the Shred bundle is only $22.90 on Amazon right now so maybe I'll go that route.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 22, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »
Depending on your tax situation, that might not actually be much more. TRU charges tax on the original price.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 22, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »
Oh really? Isn't the original price $90, or has it been marked down? That'd be around $6 in tax, which would bump it to $21. Amazon is tax-free for me, plus I have Amazon Prime so I have free two-day shipping without having to spend $25 or more like with the standard free shipping.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 22, 2011, 09:52:48 PM »
I believe Ride was $40 where I went.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: July 23, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »
Tried to get Warriors of Rock matched at Walmart, but after an hour of waiting and arguing with four different people, they refused and told me to contact corporate, so that's what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:49:11 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2386 on: July 23, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
I doubt you will have any luck, I am pretty sure their price matching policy is only for items advertised in print form. If that is the case, complaining to their corporate office isn't gonna do anything. That is why you should ask a store for the price matching policy instead of yelling at the employees for not potentially violating store policy..
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 23, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
It's not. That's why I linked the policy above, which I also brought a print-out of to the store. First they tried to tell me that they only did manufacturer coupons and store flyers, but not store coupons. After I showed them the corporate policy flyer, they just kept escalating it to the next person. And I did no such yelling.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 06:05:20 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 23, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »
Is this really worth all the effort just for those two games, or is it more of a principle thing?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 23, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »
No, but I didn't know they'd be such a pain in the ass about it. It wasn't that they were nasty or anything, it's just every time they went to get somebody else, I was left waiting for 10 minutes.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline leroypantweather

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals for 3DS, DS & GBA
« Reply #2390 on: July 31, 2011, 04:09:36 PM »
For those who did not open their Ocarina of Time Soundtrack 3D they are currently being sold on Amazon New between $40-$197.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005D77R1U/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1312142707&sr=1-2&condition=new

and furthermore that silly Club Nintendo Mario Statue fetches some decent coin : New $100,  Used $50

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Club-Super-Characters-Figurine/dp/B004HL3XI4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1312143010&sr=1-1
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:13:49 PM by leroypantweather »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2391 on: July 31, 2011, 06:05:12 PM »
I am pissed, I have still not received my soundtrack in the mail (even though I got a confirmation e-mail from Nintendo that they were shipping it out).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 01, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »
Amazon has the 3DS available right now for $216, so you could get almost half the price drop and still get the 20 free games.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Cosmo-Black/dp/B002I096AA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1312206106&sr=8-4
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: August 03, 2011, 11:01:39 PM »
M&L Bowsers Inside Story is still $15 on walmart.com but doesn't seem to be in store. So I went to Best Buy and they price matched it and got Picross 3D for $15 also.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2394 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:13 PM »
I am surprised you got Best Buy to price match that since their price match policy specifically excludes online sites (both Internet only sites like Amazon and the sites of B&M stores like Walmart). I would say you got lucky, maybe the employee who did this wasn't aware of the policy.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 04, 2011, 08:31:17 AM »
I am surprised you got Best Buy to price match that since their price match policy specifically excludes online sites (both Internet only sites like Amazon and the sites of B&M stores like Walmart). I would say you got lucky, maybe the employee who did this wasn't aware of the policy.

Did they change their policy?  Last thing I knew, Best Buy's policy was that they would price match an internet site if that site had a physical presence within their local trade area...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2396 on: August 04, 2011, 03:23:35 PM »
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Bestbuy.com-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011&searchresults=1&searchterm=price+match

"Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy Retail Store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices,..."

They will price match the in-store prices, but not their website.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 04, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »
Depends on the the store manager actually. So it never hurts to try.

It may not be store policy, but some will do it anyway.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: August 04, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »
My Best Buy always seems to price match online prices. I guess I am lucky, they have never said a thing about it.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 05, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
M&L Bowsers Inside Story is still $15 on walmart.com but doesn't seem to be in store. So I went to Best Buy and they price matched it and got Picross 3D for $15 also.
I didn't know that deal was online, last time I checked it was still at the regular price. Not I check and it's sold out. Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep looking...