Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 668856 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Foxconn "Leaks" Edition)
« Reply #2125 on: September 27, 2016, 06:44:25 PM »
Shaymin just keeps shooting down all potential rumors with a sawed off shotgun of facts.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: September 27, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »
Shaymin just keeps shooting down all potential rumors with a sawed off shotgun of facts.

But my info is more sound and logical then those of EG and Nvidia tegra or x2 oh wait.... X2 doesn't exist, it's called pascal... but wait.. it's being used in smart cars.

I know it sounds like I'm being cocky, but for the love of Shiggy-san it just makes sense. I mean if you look at history, Nintendo helped build atx from the 64 days and went on being ATI and then was bought by AMD. long long history there between the two.

Nvidia wouldn't make sense, sure they could customized the chips, however Tegra or Pascal, is something that would need to be able to shrink to handheld size, and the battery life is under 2 hours.

And the performance would not me up there for a home console, and would be roughly xbone level kind of power.

Plus it would still be expensive to get a tegra or pascal to fit in a handheld. it just wouldn't work, Nvidia doesn't like to lose money and I don't see them making a deal with nintendo and lose money just to get a foot back into the console market.

Add in the fact Nintendo would see better gains with polaris and much more affordable than Nvidia's tegra/pascal chips.

You could argue that nvidia doesn't have to announce any SoC's as a reason why their behind the NX, but........ They do have to report to shareholders of sales, especially one of interests like Nintendo.

In either case, Nvidia has no SoC's todate regarding to consoles, While AMD has three, with the 3rd to be announced at a later date. I believe that date is nearing.

I don't believe in a hybrid and I think words and comments from Nintendo and the pokemon company are taken way out of context.

Nintendo has stated that they would not be using anything related to the Wii/ Wii U. as they want to distanced themselves from the disastrous sales of the Wii U.

Iwata even shot the hybrid theory down, even if he's no longer with us, I'm sure Nintendo would carry his wishes.

Plus all the mock ups and descriptions of detachable controllers and a tabled look awfully like the razor table which used the Tegra.

I can't help that alot of these so called sources from EG are click bait or and seriously mislead. The EG article was written by the same guy who claimed the 3DS was going to use Tegra. Which we know never happened.

So history repeats itself, you can tell me that other sources are claiming the same including WSJ, however all of them just seem to be piggybacking off EG, but none ever list a legitimate source.

And yes, both WSJ and EG have a history of being wrong, on numerous occasions.

I'd be happy to admit i'm wrong if that's the case, however I believe it will be AMD polaris that's powering the NX home console.

Also, as I stated before, Nintendo would never put all their eggs into one basket. It's just possible that the two systems will share a unified operating system, maybe even using the supposed SCD slot on the NX.

Again, time will tell what this mystery machine truly will be.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:21:23 PM by MysticGohan »
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: September 27, 2016, 07:33:40 PM »
I was talking more about the Store event being for Disney Magic World 2 and not the NX and Oct. 4 being more for Google news than NX but I guess when you're a supporter of AMD you have to use every post you see as a way to swing the conversation back to the NX maybe using that brand of chip. I agree with you. That horse might not actually be dead yet. God speed, AMD soldier.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: September 27, 2016, 07:50:36 PM »
MG really is passionate.  Gotta give credit where it is due.  I've heard rumors that both Polaris and Pascal are being used.  That one seems weird but it's out there.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: September 28, 2016, 02:14:48 AM »
Well a man's gotta have hobbies :p

Just makes more sense to go with Polaris architecture than pascal.

I just feel it's the most likely outcome of the two.

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: September 28, 2016, 02:17:56 AM »
I was talking more about the Store event being for Disney Magic World 2 and not the NX and Oct. 4 being more for Google news than NX but I guess when you're a supporter of AMD you have to use every post you see as a way to swing the conversation back to the NX maybe using that brand of chip. I agree with you. That horse might not actually be dead yet. God speed, AMD soldier.

As long as their are wars, there will always be gundams! And AMD not too far behind.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: September 28, 2016, 08:18:20 AM »
Hey BnM apparently Nintendo NYC is hosting a private event on the 1st according to twitter. So there's a chance we could be seeing the NX there.

Jokes on you, they're just reserving a space for their fall chili contest.

In all seriousness, has Nintendo ever announced anything on a Saturday?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Calm before the storm? Edition)
« Reply #2132 on: September 28, 2016, 08:21:07 AM »
Thanks for the breakdown.  It reminds me of the Iwata Asks discussing manufacturing.

No problem!  I have experience and interest in manufacturing/supply management, so I always find it fun to inject my knowledge of the subject, but not sure how much interest there is here from others when I do post a wall of information on occasion  :-\ .

I enjoy those posts! I usually don't have much to add on the topic so I don't reply.

Good!  It's just hard to tell if in my old man status whether people here have interest in traditionally boring non-gaming knowledge that I've obtained in my career.  I've found it interesting, but tough to tell anymore whether i'm out of touch...

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: September 28, 2016, 08:49:57 AM »
Who knows. I'm also in my thirties. But yes, the kids are totally out of touch.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2134 on: September 28, 2016, 06:52:11 PM »
Children, while debatably adorable, are almost consistently wrong.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2135 on: September 28, 2016, 07:16:46 PM »
Hey BnM apparently Nintendo NYC is hosting a private event on the 1st according to twitter. So there's a chance we could be seeing the NX there.

Jokes on you, they're just reserving a space for their fall chili contest.

In all seriousness, has Nintendo ever announced anything on a Saturday?

Another point in favor of itsf**kingnothing.gif

Edit: Just realized another point against something coming Tuesday: that's the next Sun/Moon trailer day.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:11:30 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: September 29, 2016, 12:06:18 AM »
I can imagine a large AR Screen on some sort of wheeling system.

probably not what Nintendo would do, but a kinda futuristic invention.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: September 29, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »
I can imagine a large AR Screen on some sort of wheeling system.

probably not what Nintendo would do, but a kinda futuristic invention.
Don't those exist already?  Well, not for AR but like a Facetime screen on wheels.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2138 on: September 29, 2016, 05:50:54 PM »
Doesn't Edward Snowden live inside one of those? I think I saw that on 60 minutes.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: September 29, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »
The CEO of Ubisoft is super hyped on the NX.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: September 30, 2016, 12:33:32 AM »
The CEO of Ubisoft is super hyped on the NX.

Cool, hopefully that mean BG&E
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: September 30, 2016, 12:00:49 PM »
Ubisoft enthusiasm is borderline meaningless.  They're on board for everything at first.  The only positive thing to take from it is that the NX is not so obviously terrible that even Ubisoft is turned off.

Okay so Nintendo just announced the Famicom Mini.  I figure there is nothing else that they need to reveal this year so time to reveal the NX, right?  Nintendo, you guys were just waiting to get the Famicom Mini announcement out of the way first, correct?  Please?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2142 on: September 30, 2016, 07:25:40 PM »
I'm almost willing to be that the next hardware announcement will be a 3DS revision.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 01, 2016, 03:39:18 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqq3wetjQE,

I was kinda impressed when i saw this, if this is even close to what Nintendo is planning then i think it might just work for Nintendo.

fast forward to around the 2 minute mark
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 01, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqq3wetjQE,

I was kinda impressed when i saw this, if this is even close to what Nintendo is planning then i think it might just work for Nintendo.

fast forward to around the 2 minute mark

Well.... if that isn't a proof of concept, then I don't know what is.
some ideas i've seen improve on that proof of concept, but I'm liking what I see.

Nintendo, ball's in your court.

edit
Now SMD64 seems to think this is a bad idea, but when you Nintendoize this product.... (Which they were planning on selling for $299, and since it's a small company, you know that's at a mark-up, and that's with small scale production.) it suddenly has software behind it. The glassesless 3D screen becomes useful. The removeable controllers become Wiimotes. maybe even they attach to to the tablet in a vertical orientation. all of a sudden w/ said software, it becomes a viable and supported product w/ mass manufacturing and deals on parts.

So if they were planning on doing this at $299.99, Nintendo should be able to make a better product for cheaper. and certainly the product described at $349.00ish.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:21:21 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: October 01, 2016, 12:11:44 PM »
SMD64 chastising Eurogamer for not having updates on their initial reporting is hilarious considering he's been flogging the same rumor for months now. He's not said anything new in these months, he's just regurgitated the same spiel in every new video. Eurogamer's reporting is still valid because nothing new has been brought to the table to refute them. It's all been speculation. It's all gone back to the same "AMD 3 design wins" which oh by the way, Eurogamer also reported on earlier this year.

Also, he took Ubisoft's comments of "NX being back in the race" at face value.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: October 01, 2016, 01:16:15 PM »
SMD64 chastising Eurogamer for not having updates on their initial reporting is hilarious considering he's been flogging the same rumor for months now. He's not said anything new in these months, he's just regurgitated the same spiel in every new video. Eurogamer's reporting is still valid because nothing new has been brought to the table to refute them. It's all been speculation. It's all gone back to the same "AMD 3 design wins" which oh by the way, Eurogamer also reported on earlier this year.

Also, he took Ubisoft's comments of "NX being back in the race" at face value.

No EG's reports are not valid in any sense of the word until nintendo unveils it and it's near what EG "Claims" it to be!

The 3DS never panned into what EG claimed it was, and it's the same guy who's stating once again with the tegra.

Speaking of which, EG has had nothing new to report since, feels like they are back pedaling on something.

Plus we've heard that Nintendo has upped the specs on the NX to include AR/VR support, should they decide to go that route.

Just be thankful that Nintendo isn't Sega, for those who remember the Sega Saturn and when it was announce and when it was released, a cookie to those who knows how far apart from the announcement and release of said system :p

So far we only have two competitors in the Videogame industry..... What... am I missing someone you say? Oh that's right.. Microsoft. From what I hear they may not be staying in the console race for much longer, as shareholder aren't happy and there's talks of pulling from the gaming division.. but we'll see.

I'm hoping for an announcement from Nintendo soon, I just hope it's not much longer. It's time to put an end to these rumors and see who's right about the NX.

I know where I stand and it will come to fruition!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: October 01, 2016, 02:19:22 PM »
I don't understand why the lack of reporting by EG means that they're back-pedalling. How are you guys able to leap into these conclusions.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: October 01, 2016, 02:53:03 PM »
I would be surprised if Nintendo's NX was basically an already existing game machine. It's far from revolutionary or a completely new way to play when the device is already for sale.  ::)

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: October 01, 2016, 02:54:22 PM »
I don't understand why the lack of reporting by EG means that they're back-pedalling. How are you guys able to leap into these conclusions.

It's not hard to :p