Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1162687 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #2250 on: April 28, 2016, 11:22:29 PM »
I'm going in tonight!!

Excited as hell!!!!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2251 on: April 28, 2016, 11:46:45 PM »
I am happy I am in South Korea when it comes to Marvel movies we usually get them a few days before America. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: April 29, 2016, 09:35:14 AM »
The Punisher gets his own series on Netflix!!!
 http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/29/punisher-marvel-netflix?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series.

EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring the viglante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2253 on: April 30, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »
**ALL SPOILERS TO BE MARKED AND SPOILER TAGGED UNTIL 1 WEEK AFTER OFFICIAL US RELEASE DATE!!!**

That is all.

Thank You.

Sincerely,

Thread Management

New page, who dis?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
The Punisher gets his own series on Netflix!!!
 http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/29/punisher-marvel-netflix?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series.

EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring the viglante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.
*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
hhehehe
Made you look ****.

Offline chesron4

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Gratis Roulette
Its was good, really good. And spidey is amazing!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Most likely going to the Thursday 7:00pm showing...and then again on Friday.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
The Panther's backstory is explained really well too.
This is what BvS should have been.
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I got tickets for Thursday at 7:45pm.

black bars everywhere sometime after 10:30pm that night. ;)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Ugh. Waiting until Saturday is gonna be torture!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Black Panther is coming in 2018
Spider-Man is coming in 2017

Both are done by Marvel

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I convinced my wife to go to the 8PM showing tomorrow and we ordered tickets online. I'll be on at the same time. We should start a spoiler thread for the movie. Or how about a more general Marvel spoiling thread?

I created a spoiling zone.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:41:03 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
After realizing how badly I want to see this movie, I nabbed two reserved seats at the cushy, reclining chair AMC for 7PM later today.

I'm kinda ridiculously excited. I don't think I've ever been to a Marvel Movie premiere before, mostly because I don't care about the characters they've revolved around. But after enjoying The First Avenger and loving The Winter Soldier, I've become such a big fan of Cap and Chris Evans, that I think this one will be worth it.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
They did have a script in some phase of development that got sidelined in favor of Guardians of the Galaxy. So I'm sure all it will take is a little retooling to find a place for it to fit into whatever the situation is during Phase 4 or 5 of the MCU.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and it looks like Sharon Stone landed a "wee part" in a marvel movie...
https://twitter.com/FredTopel/status/728452886724677632

The Wasp flashback!? stuck in the microverse for decades?

edit:
I also did an update of the OP. let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:13:19 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I also did an update of the OP. let me know what you think.

Marvel doesn't have the rights to solo-Hulk movies.  Universal has right of first refusal.

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/13/mark-ruffalo-says-marvel-doesnt-have-rights-to-do-a-solo-hulk-mo/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
But Marvel has the rights to do a solo Hulk movie... Universal has rights of first refusal on distribution of said movie though.

So Marvel just supporting casted him instead.
But I should add that bit of info in the OP as well.

edit: OP updated again.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:15:00 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Here are some of the additions to the OP, so it's easier to see what was added new:

Opening graphic updated to reflect the MCU as we know it so far: http://i.imgur.com/rF5FRpk.png

Movie dates updated:
Yet to be Released for Phase 3

Movie Dates:

May 6th, 2016 - Captain America: Civil War (Just Released)

Nov 4th, 2016 - Doctor Strange

May 5th, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

July 28th, 2017 - Spider-Man: Homecoming

Nov. 3rd, 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok

Feb 16, 2018 - Black Panther

May 4th, 2018 - Avenger: Infinity War (Part 1)

July 6th, 2018 - Ant-Man and The Wasp

March 8th, 2019 - Captain Marvel

May 3rd, 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War (Part 2)

TBD - Inhumans (possibly moved to Phase 4)

Phase 4 Movies

May 1st, 2020 - TBD

July 10th, 2020 - TBD

November 6, 2020 - TBD

Upcoming TV/Netflix updated
Luke Cage (Netflix - S1: Sept 2016)

Iron Fist (Netflix - S1: TBD 2017)

The Defenders (Netflix - TBD 2017)
-This is the TV equivalent of The Avengers bringing all 4 above (Netflix) Characters together onto one team for a mini-series event.

Marvel's Most Wanted (ABC - S1: TBD 2016)
-Spin-off of Agent of SHIELD

Damage Control (ABC - S1: TBD 2016/2017?)

Cloak & Dagger (Freeform - S1: TBD 2016/2017?)

Comments on the future of the MCU
Kevin Fiege - Head of Marvel - also stated that they have movies planned all the way through 2021, so I would expect a Phase 4 set of movies at the very least. *Fiege has also expressed interest in finally getting a Black Widow Solo movie out, which is now possible that he managed to wrestle away control of the MCU movies from Ike Perlmutter, who is still in control of MCU TV/Netflix production.
*This has led to the rumors that Kevin (MCU movies) & Ike (MCU TV/Netflix) continue to have bad blood, and it has become more likely that TV will not likely factor into the Movies to keep #itsallconnected from being a one way street as it has been up to this point, where storylines from the movies get mentioned and/or tied into by the tv shows, but not the other way around. This could all change w/ the upcoming Infinity War movies where the Russos reportedly have over 60 characters they have worked into the scripts.

Spider-Man - Marvel has worked out a deal with Sony where Marvel gets to creatively make the movies, while Sony still maintains ownership of the movie property. This works by Marvel Studios basically being hired by Sony as the creative and production team, while Sony get to foot the bill, handle distribution and reap the profits. Sony will of course be paying Marvel Studios their contracted production/creative fees, and possibly even mile-stone bonuses along the way. But the important thing here is that Marvel Studios is in control of what's happening w/ Spidey in the MCU and  related solo movies.

The Hulk - While Marvel has the production rights to produce a new Hulk movie, it is Universal who still has "first refusal" rights to the distribution of any Hulk titled movie. Which means if Marvel makes it, Universal get to accept or deny the rights to distribute it before Disney/Marvel can distribute it on their own. This is likely the biggest reason we have yet to see a second solo Hulk movie, but Hulk works well as a co-star for now, so we can wait.

Edit to Properties Marvel does not have right to:
Fantastic 4 (Fox) - This also includes Galactus, Silver Surfer, Super Skrull & Annihilus. But Fox has to get this movie off the ground by Oct. 2014 otherwise the rights will revert back to Marvel like Daredevil and Ghost Rider before it. (There are rumors of production issues, but Fantastic Four 2 already has an announced date - 2017) **There were rumors of Marvel negotiating with Fox over TV rights to X-men properties, and these rumors also mentioned usage of F4 by Marvel... not sure if anything happened, but maybe at worst, Fox will work out a deal similar Sony did for Spider-man, at best they'll just give it up out-right in exchange for full X-men access (TV , merchandise, etc etc).**

Spider-Man (Sony) - Supposedly Marvel has been working behind the scenes to include Spider-Man in the MCU, which almost happened with a small acknowledgement in The Avengers, but sadly Sony couldn't get it together in time to make it happen.... maybe next time ;) **see update above - next time has come ;) **

Namor (Universal/Marvel?) - not sure what it takes to get this back, but as seeing that Universal has done nothing with it since they've had it, I assume that if Disney wanted it back, Universal might oblige. **Marvel technically has rights to Namor, and if a movie were to be made, it would be by Marvel Studios, BUT there are still lots of outside contracts to deal with before anything would ever break ground using the character, so don't expect Namor to just pop up in in a Marvel movie. It's more complicated than that a the moment.

not that most people ever venture back to the OP, but I'm still trying to keep it as a quick reference for all of us that are interested.

and to add to that: Here is a pretty good (and long) video that breaks down the MCU in chronological order from the beginning through Age of Ultron:

This includes the the movies and the ABC shows. It's a long watch, but it's a much quicker refresher than sitting though 12 movies and several seasons of more than 1 TV show.
I look forward to the eventual update that includes Civil War and the Netflix shows as well.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Cage and Iron fist are meant to be together... :'(
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It looks like Civil War will eclipse BvS before the end of the week
https://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/captain-america-civil-war-box-office-700-million-1201770187/

and on the path to $1B possibly before the end of the next.

Offline adolfo9

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • BJ Regels
LOL

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm sorry, but that gif is incredible.

Of all the Evans laughing gifs and pics, including "on your left" and sadfleck, this one takes the cake and eats it too.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
 I thought this was humorous enough to share:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/thor-ragnarok-director-taika-waititi-gets-some-marvel-tips-a141592
&
https://twitter.com/TaikaWaititi/status/730836404863795200

and in other news, Agent Carter gets no Season 3.
and Marvel's Most Wanted didn't not get picked up after all... which means Hunter & Mockingbird got written off AoS for no reason.... :/
I wonder how they plan to bring them back.

I really hope Damage Control is still a go though.

edit: update to the OP graphic again (Inhumans to be removed next...*)  :(

*addition of a Phase 4 column?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:54:42 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »