Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 215443 times)

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
Sure, tonight works. Does some time after 7 work for you?

Yeah, I need the whole Princess, Gracie, and Gorgeous series, along with the Card Screen and Card Sofa. I'm up for duping, but if it doesn't work out that's fine.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
You're talking 7 pm your time, right? If so, that will be fine.

I just wanted to double check about the Gracie stuff in case there was just partial stuff needed. It's not a problem to take care of. Every room in my main character house is a Gracie season so all the furniture for each set is together. I'll just take care of it room by room.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Well, when I started this thread, it was with the goal of teaming up with other players so that we could acquire all the catalogue items in the game. Here we are almost a year and a half later. I kept at it and was able to achieve that 100% catalogue and now one other player and member of this club was able to achieve this feat as well.

Congrats Dan Laser on your New Leaf perseverance! Thanks for all the help you've given me. Because of you, I was able to complete my catalogue and museum a few months ago. Because of that, I never wanted to abandon you after getting that completion and I'm happy I could return the favor and get you over that catalogue finishing line!

I think the funniest thing about it all was how I was always accused of having a large junk pile in my town of items (and sometimes turnips) everywhere but now I've got a beautiful clean town full of public works and everyone else seems to have stuff lying around. Completing the catalogue really helped clean my town.

Now to try and help out one more person. Yo Stratos. I know you're busy with Monster Hunting but if you could look up a list of the artwork for New Leaf and find out what you have for your museum and what you're missing, I'll keep an eye on Crazy Redd when he comes to town. Plus, I'm still doing some organizing between my accounts and discovered I have 3 pieces of artwork after all so I could pass them on to you if you need them. I just need a list from you.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
Wow looks like I missed some interesting happenings on the forums. What's going on... guess I haven’t been lurking enough.

Huzzah! And thank you again! So glad the Justice League kept going and two of us now have completed our catalogue! Now I’m doing some Spring Cleaning and figuring out where to put all of that stuff. I still have some public works to unlock - and of course badges, but I’m not going out of my way to 100% those.

Have you posted pictures of your beautified town on Miiverse? How goes the badge hunt?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Nothing major. Just working on trying to get the remaining silver medals I need first actually. I don't know why but I'd just like to at least get to that point right now. I'm around 159 streetpasses so I'm still a long way off from getting that stinking gold badge since you need 1,000 passes for it. However, I finally discovered some Nintendo Zones again in my area after the McDonald zones all went kaput in October so in the past month I've been able to get a few more tags again. At 300 tags you get the silver. At that point, I'll probably post another update on Miiverse of the badge quest.

I've got 5 gold badges still to get like the title says although I could have one of them tonight or anytime if I wanted. I need to plant 35 items for the gold gardening badge and I've got 45 trees and a bunch of different fruits I could plant to easily surpass that. I've been hoping to get a perfect cherry though and just start planting perfect cherry trees to get that badge instead. When I began my game, I took the perfect cherry I found and I planted it next to a river bank. However, it then wilted and died because I was inexperienced and didn't realize you couldn't plant trees right beside the river but needed to have them a space away from the bank. I've never had another perfect cherry appear in my town despite planting a ton of cherry trees to harvest them and planting over 50 bags of fertilizer next to them to hopefully get a perfect cherry to appear. I should just make a trade with someone already but I haven't bothered.

I've almost unlocked all public work projects. I've just got 4 more to unlock. I keep changing my mind about where to put stuff though and just have done much terraforming because I'm still trying to grow other hybrid flowers and would like to figure out my fruit tree situation and how I want to lay things out with trees and flowers and public work projects. So, instead I just play to water flowers, visit dream towns and do some fishing. That's all that's going on there. I've been playing other stuff instead.

But I do want to eventually do a whole photo walkthrough of my town. Once I get a New 3DS which I'll probably do pretty soon (since it appears there won't be a special Xenoblade edition or I think they would have announced it at this point so I waited around for nothing) I'll be able to use the L and R buttons to take pictures and can then just post them all here instead of slowing taking a picture and posting and waiting 3 minutes to take another photo on Miiverse. I was wondering if I should make a thread for people to post images of their towns or Animal Crossing moments but I'm not sure how popular or well received it would end up being so I'll probably just do it here.

So, that's where things are at.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Have you thought about setting up the home streetpass to get to your goal?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I have. I've been starting to look into it. Again, the one thing sort of holding me up is just buying a NEW 3DS because if I do homepass, I also want to play the streetpass games and take advantage of the streetpasses made on those games as well and not being able to use the R trigger and having a spotty L trigger has started to make some of those games a bit difficult as well. There's a good chance I'll be visiting Japan in a month or two as well so that could also help bump up my streetpass count as well. Not that I'd be going to Japan just for that. Let's make that clear. Just a great side benefit of travelling there.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Can I dupe a couple items with someone? I've got a potential trade for a perfect cherry and the person is looking for a couple DLC items. However, he's a real wimp and is afraid his data could be corrupted in duping so he won't do it. Thus, can someone else open their gates and help me out on this?

Also, Stratos, the paintings I've got in my storage unit are the Basic, Dynamic and Scenic Paintings. If you want them, let me know. Otherwise, I'm selling them off to Re-Tail in a week.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
I can dupe stuff after work, sure. I’m actually off today, so I can dupe any time but when were you thinking?

I ended up upgrading to a XL last year - I couldn’t take the broken triggers any more. Plus the golden trforce system looks nice… It is much easier to switch off the wifi on the XL for duping! Although most of my friends are also wimps and don't want to try duping anyways.

If you are still in need of street passes after the awesome trip to Japan, there are always the Fan Expo and other conventions. Although it does mean you have to brave a convention (or sit in the parking lot?) I went a couple years ago and it was hard just keeping up with all the hits and clearing the cue.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I can dupe stuff after work, sure. I’m actually off today, so I can dupe any time but when were you thinking?

I ended up upgrading to a XL last year - I couldn’t take the broken triggers any more. Plus the golden trforce system looks nice… It is much easier to switch off the wifi on the XL for duping! Although most of my friends are also wimps and don't want to try duping anyways.

If you are still in need of street passes after the awesome trip to Japan, there are always the Fan Expo and other conventions. Although it does mean you have to brave a convention (or sit in the parking lot?) I went a couple years ago and it was hard just keeping up with all the hits and clearing the cue.

Hmmm. That's true. I often forget about things like that.

So, are you a duping expert now also? I didn't know you had learned the tricks of the trade.

I think we know have the same time between us after the time change. Does 3:30 work for you? Meaning in 3 and half hours from this post?

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
Yep, same times now - 3:30pm sounds good. Are there any items I should grab?

And no I'm not a duping expert haha. I've only tried it a couple of times, and that was several months ago now. The wifi button on the XL was just another perk of the new system!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Hmm. Not really. We've talked about flowers. I suppose I could look into some of the needed varieties of flowers I still don't have a full quantity on. I'll post here and let you know.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Alright. I'm home. I'm going to boot up my game and see what I'm still looking for in flowers.

I know right away that I could use some purple roses. I've got 4 black roses that I'm cultivating to grow more off. I've only got 1 orange tulip so I would take more of those. I'll see what else there is.

I'm trying to have 16 of every flower. Thus, I could still use:

15 purple roses
12 black roses
16 golden roses
10 pink lilies
9 orange lilies
10 pink cosmos
10 black cosmos
15 orange tulips
6 black tulips
16 purple tulips
15 blue violets
13 red-orange pansies
16 purple pansies
16 blue pansies

Man, I need a lot more flowers than I thought....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:40:25 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
So bumpity bump bump.

I just broke the game pretty hard...

Let's just say that giving this guy two island trips worth of beetles and sharks got me a little over 3 million bells. Paid off the police station, Paid off my current home loan, still have 2.5 mil at my disposal. That Lazy Camper exploit is something else.

Although if someone can get me an ABD unit that would be real nice.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
That's still nothing on Khush and I's old stalk market time warp racket.

Occasionally I want to go back to this game but just can't motivate myself. I think I'm itching for a new one. Maybe one with a persistent online village you and all of your friends could live in?
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Occasionally I want to go back to this game but just can't motivate myself. I think I'm itching for a new one. Maybe one with a persistent online village you and all of your friends could live in?

Turnip Trader Brotherhood! Man, we lived the life.

Funny enough, I've actually gotten back into playing this game right now myself. Maybe the Animal Crossing cards helped restoke the AC flame. Plus, I'm on a vacation and will have a lot of down time here and there so I thought I'd finally take a crack at getting some of these last medals again. Plus, I'll be in a big city with more streetpassing so hopefully that bumps up my streetpass count in this game too.

I never heard about the camper offering a ton of money for those items so thanks for posting that Pokepal148. It's definitely a lot more than you get with Reese. But when you can trade over 100,000 turnips at 400 bells or more each, that's a pretty solid haul for 6 hours work.

If you want an ABD though, I can dupe you one. I've got the regular game one and the 7-11 one so either would work. The only catch is that I'm out of practice with duping so it could take a few tries. And I wouldn't be able to do it until a couple weeks when I'm back home.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile

I dunno, having my own village to slowly grow out really adds alot to the game for me.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Now you may notice i have alot of tile based pathways going around. What you might not know is what happens to basically any form of pathway you decide to make in the game.

My current project is basically an attempt to protect my tile based paths from those no good villagers who have no respect for infrastructure.

Tommorow I'm going to try and see if the game will let me build a fountain over the path there. If it does then it means I'll have to add a steet lamp or something to cover whatever loose end I have. If Isabelle does her song and dance about how it's too close to this or that then I've successfully blocked off the entire area and can put my lamp somewhere else.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
1. you copyed my path idea Pal!
2. Khush y u no play with me :'(
3. Already completed all projects (that u need)
4. how do u do the lazy camper glitch?
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Stop it. I'm already trying to play three different Fire Emblems while doing school and completing my move. Don't make me come back to my village (...okay, I'm coming back, but no promises on playing together until December)
My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
hey want about stratos castle in minecraft! ???
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Remember my badge quest? Well, I haven't given up on it but I have slowed down a lot with playing this game so that I can play and do other things. However, if you've been following me on Miiverse, then you'll know that I now have all the silver badges acquired and, to my surprise, I had Phineas stop by and give me a new gold badge. I knew I was close to acquiring it but I thought I had about 6 more dreams to experience in the Dream Suite to reach it. I was holding back until I got closer on another gold badge I've been working on to try and get them both at once. But, why refuse a gold badge if one is offered?

This means I still need the gold badges in Bug Catching, Fishing, Streetpassing and Planting. I've been working on bug catching as that seems to take longer than fishing. I've been slowly whittling away at that. By my count, I still have another 1050 bugs to catch to get gold. I could get the Planting or Gardening badge right away since I just need to plant 28 items and I've got over 50 trees ready to plant in my storage locker along with a ton of perfect cherries. However, I've held off on that because I keep debating about how I want to organize my town and what landmarks I still want to put up. Plus, other villagers moving in could wreck things so I want to try and acquire a group of 10 villagers I really like and want to keep around so that I can deny their moving requests and keep from having any new villagers set up shop and disrupt my plans. Build the town around them instead of them building around the town, if you know what I mean. Right now, I'd say I have 3 - 4 of the villagers I'd be happy to keep forever. With all the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards being released and traded, it's allowed me to better see the variety of other villagers available and who else I may want to target to have join the great village of Xanadu.

Anyways, I bring this up because I am getting pretty close to wrapping things up with New Leaf to the point where I will just be checking in to deny villagers moving out and clear out any acquired New Leaf streetpass tags as I keep slowly chipping away at that badge. As such, if there is any unfinished business any other players want to take care of before this happens, let me know. I know I had talked to Pokepal148 about duping an ATM for him and just missed being able to do so last year while I was on vacation. We never reconnected after that so if you're still interested, we can try it now while I'm grinding out these last badges. For Stratos, I've got some artwork I've kept stored away since we talked about helping you complete your museum. If interested, I'll make a list of what I've got if you want to figure out what you still need. I can keep checking in with Redd in the meantime.

I've also got a scorpion stored if anyone needs me to come donate it to their museum. I had a tarantula but stupidly sold it before thinking of offering it to anyone. As well, if there is any other items or things people were looking to do that I can still help with, now's the time to get it done because once I get these last badges, this game is over. Who am I kidding? I'll never get the Streetpass gold badge. This game will never die for me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I'm sorry I couldn't be more help with your adventure, but the way you guys play this game is too hardcore for me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Congrats on approaching the finish line!

I've started dabbling in the game again because both of my sisters have gotten a renewed interest in it. I'd like to finish off my museum before calling it quits for good though. I think I need the scorpion, I've already got the tarantula (or maybe that was the other way around).
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I'm sorry I couldn't be more help with your adventure, but the way you guys play this game is too hardcore for me.

You were plenty of help. Nothing to feel bad about. In the beginning when we got this thread and quest started, you were instrumental in helping me get my large bell hoarde started and completing my catalogue. Everyone who assisted me, even if just once, aided in getting me this far. New Leaf is a game that has requirements which cannot be completed on one's own. You need some help. It's based on community and requires some community to get the full experience of it and I've been fortunate to get that community support.

As for Stratos, check your museum out when you get a moment and let me know. It's not super urgent but my time spent with the game continues to be reduced. If you need me to come to your town and check over your museum, I can always do that as well.