Author Topic: pokemon r/s = brilliant!  (Read 7325 times)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« on: April 05, 2003, 11:48:52 AM »
i write this as my lvl 13 ralts defeats a lvl 7 zubat, anyway, i got this game thursday, and not untill friday night could i give it a good playing, and omg this game... something about it its just so brilliant! ive played all pokemons (except yellow and crystal) and this without a doubt is my favorite, when i bought it i figured "hrm this will be pretty good i spose" when i started playing it ive been like this is awsome! something about hardly seeing a familiar pokemon, its like a totally new adventure into the unknown.. anyway, back to my training got my second gym leader to beat!

whats everyone else's oppions on it?

Offline Wesisapie

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 01:59:19 PM »
very good
i would buy it if i had any cash
Fin.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 04:46:21 PM »
When Pokemon Red/Blue came out, I decided to give it a try, even though i hate a majority of RPGs on the market.  I fell in love with it, and worked my best to level my monsters to their full potential

Later, Pokemon Gold/Silver come out.  Excited, I run out to buy it.  While the feeling was good while playing, I felt disappointed once the game was over...I had no wish to further playing to build up my pokemon...

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire appear...I was cautious, knowing that Gold/Silver was not very good imo, and felt like not buying it at all.  Having some extra cash, I decide to pitch it and buy Ruby...

After putting 40 hours into the game, all I can say is I am in love with Pokemon again ...The pokemon are MUCH better than those in Gold/Silver, the tag team battles are great, and there actually seemed to be a storyline...Kudos to Ninty, and here's to the wish they make a real Pokemon RPG adventure game for a console
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 04:52:45 PM »
exactly how i felt bill!!! its amazing! the sence of a new adventure, argh must play more

Offline Luigi333

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 05:04:45 PM »
I'll probably get Sapphire soon, i would have gotten it last night but i finally found the Kirby GBA game i have not been able to find since it was released.  Plus, i still need to get Wind Waker, i reserved it and the store i reserved it from still hasn't got it yet(i also never got Ocarina).  anyway, back to Pokemon, the Blue and Silver versions are still two of my favorite game boy games, i am pretty sure i'll like Sapphire too.  

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 04:10:25 PM »
I got it the first day, right now IO have 108 hours of play time on it, it never gets boring.  

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 05:19:13 PM »
wow 108 hours? Currently i only have around 80, but i still have yet to raise my pokemon to lvl 100... Currently i'm getting all the pokemon i can.

Is it just me or did they make the Elite 4 really annoying? I always raised my pokemon to 100 through the elite 4 but they keep on using full restores, making me waste my pp and frustrates me.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 07:43:47 PM »
i like how it now seems like you are fightinh intelligent enemys (sometimes).  They heal often, use berries, have killer strategy, etc, etc.  I have 60 hours, i stopped playing cause i just got MegaMan.EXE 2, which has the coolest fighting system, i played it for 12 hours straight.  Anyway, yes pokemon R/S has done what many deemed impossible, brought back the feeling of the first time playing pokemon, and made it 100 times better.  I am actually hoping they release an emerald version or something even if it only has little features, also i am insanely excited for the Gamecube game.  Read my quote to laugh.  
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 10:32:09 PM »
i love your quote hehehe

Offline codyy

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 04:33:38 AM »
My only wish is that they would make it a little bit more RPG-ish. You know, like you have to have your Pokemon run on a conveyer belt to open a door, or have it lift up a rock that is blocking your way. And how about some Golden sun graphics?
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token..."
--Edgar Allen Poe, The Raven, 1845.

To liberals everywhere: HA!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 10:22:07 AM »
HM 6, rock smash. should take care of any rocks in your way but yeah they could have done features like that, but then again what they have given us is so... makeing me feel like im playing Red for the first time again, im glad its exactly like it is

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 10:40:44 AM »
60, 80, 108 hours!!?!?!?!??!

I've had the game since before it was released, and I haven't had nearly that much time put in.  Go outside and play or something.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2003, 01:20:41 PM »
outside? what's that?
AC Info:

Offline Army_F_body

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 09:38:57 AM »
It felt really good to play this game.  I enjoyed Blue so much, and got to play a little of Green, but R/S is truly amazing.  Its simplicity is what makes it work.  The only disappointment was not being able to transfer my Pokemon from Blue over.  I ended up giving Blue to my girlfriend's brother since trade in on it is nil.  Hated to lose my all powerful Pikachu!!!  By the way, where the heck is Pikachu in R/S?  

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 01:09:24 PM »
safari zone
AC Info:

Offline Biohazard

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2003, 04:00:49 PM »
They took day and night out (I never played G/S) but from what I hear it was cool.  I also kinna liked that aspect in Animal Crossing....silly Nintendo.
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2003, 10:56:36 PM »

I've had the game since before it was released, and I haven't had nearly that much time put in. Go outside and play or something.

now now bloodworth, you get horrible lighting on the GBA outside, you know that.  Besides.... I burn easy.  
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2003, 04:41:22 PM »
I think it's an excellent upgrade to the series, providing plenty of tweaks that G/S were missing. The new Pokemon PC Storage System is so much better than the older versions. No more saving when switching boxes!
I've had it since launch, but I've only gotten my 3rd badge, which is excuseable, since the only time I really play it these days is during my breaks at work.

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2003, 05:50:55 PM »
Yay! I just reached the 100 hour mark! I've already raised 2 of my pokemon to lvl 100 and working on my third. Has anyone else tried raising a Milotic? He leveled up way to quickly compared to my Metagross. It sorta worrys me....
AC Info:

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2003, 09:42:40 PM »
yeah ditto joshnickerson, i got the third badge yesterday, work cuts heavily into my gaming time, yet also funds it, its a win/loss situation :\ im upto fighting the team magmar leader for the first time, i was like 99% asleep doign it, and as a result lost miserably, i should try again *tries again*

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s = brilliant!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2003, 12:08:58 AM »
Yep, Pokemon Sapphire is BRILLIANT! It's like one of the most addictive games ive ever played. I LOVE it, i already finished it and for some reason i started a new file because finishing the game was so damn fun! I love the legendary pokemon too, esp number 200, he is awesome! Anyway, back to playing Pokemon