Author Topic: RetroActive 41 [B]: Bonsai Barber  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RetroActive 41 [B]: Bonsai Barber
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:09:20 PM »
This is the talkback thread for part 2 of our WiiWare RetroActive Marathon. Please post your comments for Bonsai Barber here!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: RetroActive 41 [B]: Bonsai Barber
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:22:04 AM »
I bought this game because it was supposed to be quirky and different. It was. Unfortunately, it wasn't much fun (for me at least) despite being varied and odd. Somehow the humor of being a barber for living produce never quite hit home.

Very curious to see what the discussion is like though - felt like a big part of the game was building to more advanced stages, but (if I remember correctly) there was a limit on how much you could do at a time? Seems unlikely that a short session will give you the "full experience". Then again, while things might get wackier as you play further into the game I'm not sure they get better.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:28:47 AM »
Chi-Chi-Chi-Chia!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 02:26:33 PM »
Just listened to the podcast and this title sounds pretty fun and interesting. Not quite interesting enough for me to actually go to the Wii shop for and add points and everything, but I'm glad someone's dream of making a vegetable barbershop came true.