Author Topic: RFN Special: Calling Dr. Metts  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RFN Special: Calling Dr. Metts
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:00:03 AM »

While the cat's away, the doctor will…talk on a podcast, obviously.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/43182/rfn-special-calling-dr-metts

With the dog days of summer drawing to a close, it was time for the RFN team to take some time off this week, but Greg decided to use this occasion as an excuse to get back in touch with an old friend: Dr. Jonathan Metts. It's now been a year since Jonny stepped down from his duties as RFN host, and so the conversation begins with a look at how his much-anticipated NWR book project has been progressing, and also how his gaming habits have changed over the past twelve RFN-free months.

Next, Greg solicits Jonny's thoughts and opinions on a multitude of gaming topics, including The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Star Fox Zero, Dragon Quest VII, ReCore, and of course No Man's Sky, the spacefaring PS4 exclusive that Jonny's had his upturned eyes on for some considerable time now. Also in the "Entirely Predictable" column: Metroid looms large in the conversation, with the impending launch of Federation Force, the passing of the 30th anniversary of the franchise's debut, and the emergence of AM2R—a fan-created, Zero Mission-style remake of Metroid II: Return of Samus that's made quite an impression in a short period of time. Finally, Greg can't let Dr. Metts go without picking his brains on all those NX rumours that have been dominating the Nintendo news scene of late, and their implications for the future of the company he's spent half his life covering online.

Normal service resumes next week; if you have a question that isn't for Dr. Metts, please send it to us in an email.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: RFN Special: Calling Dr. Metts
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 06:08:39 PM »
I really, REALLY hope you guys are still willing to do the email I sent on the subject of AM2R with the regular panel. I think I had a really good talking point in it I'd like to get the regular panel's opinion on.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 11:46:36 PM »
The doctor will see us now!

Great show.

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:23:57 PM »
Dr. Who?
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 01:01:05 AM »
It was great to hear an update from Jonny again, also his take on the NX rumours.