Author Topic: Epic Mickey 2 on 3DS?  (Read 2671 times)

Offline NdIGiTy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Epic Mickey 2 on 3DS?
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:40:58 PM »

The console follow-up, along with a handheld version, might be announced next week.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/29573

The long-expected sequel to Disney Epic Mickey could be shown as early as next week, along with a 3DS version, according to a tweet from Official Nintendo Magazine France.

Translated, the message reads:

"Presentation of the Epic Mickey 2 will take place next week. 3DS version, Power of Illusion, more classic 2D is also provided for."

Details taken from internal memos and marketing material in past months suggest Epic Mickey 2 might release on multiple platforms some time this fall.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Mickey 2 on 3DS?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »
Do Want!
Maybe even both versions...
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
Has it been confirmed for Wii U yet?

Offline fordrob

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »
Hmmm...interest seems to be waning...wondering what Disney aficionado Mike Sklens thinks of this game overall...
The Dude abides

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »
In my opinion, Epic Mickey was one of the best games on Wii in 2010.

I just don't understand the people who hated on this game. The camera only got wonky once or twice, a damn miracle considering the fact that they had to design a camera from the ground up that could deal with constant removal and rebuilding of backgrounds. Everything else was pure gold.

Consider me excited. Damn excited.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
In my opinion, Epic Mickey was one of the best games on Wii in 2010.

I just don't understand the people who hated on this game. The camera only got wonky once or twice, a damn miracle considering the fact that they had to design a camera from the ground up that could deal with constant removal and rebuilding of backgrounds. Everything else was pure gold.

Consider me excited. Damn excited.

I enjoyed it. Though I admit it was a flawed game that didn't meet its potential. Epic Mickey 2 is something I am watching closely though in hopes they iron out the flaws in the first game. I would like to see the choices you make impact the experience more.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline circasurviver

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
Epic Mickey was one of my favorite games of 2010, I would buy both the Wii and 3DS versions of EM2 if this turns out to be true. I can't wait for the reveal on Thursday!
Kelso: 0001-3810-6499
Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 01:08:31 AM »
As fate would have it, I just started playing Epic Mickey tonight.  I'm about 2 hours in.

So far, I am very, very, very ....... undecided.  The camera is a pain like I've heard and I am a bit confused by the choice mechanic.  Like, should I just barrel through and let the chips fall? Or should I try to explore every little nook and cranny and painstakingly solve everything?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 12:11:44 PM »
I loved the idea and the concept of Epic Mickey, but it was just such a disappointment. It had Molyneux-levels of promises that it just failed to match.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
I loved the idea and the concept of Epic Mickey, but it was just such a disappointment. It had Molyneux-levels of promises that it just failed to match.

As someone who's played it, what's your advice on my barrel through/explore thoroughly dilemma?  What recommendation do you think yields the best first-play experience?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »
Just blaze right through it. Exploration slows everything up, and it's been a while, but I don't remember anything too interesting being locked away by exploration. You still get to see the cool art design if you power through it.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"