Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1538385 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1225 on: May 17, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »
Oh god.. Labyrinth..

Even as a kid I felt embarrased watching Bowie prance around like that. Still, it had some scenes I liked, disturbing or not (like when she's falling and all those hands are reaching at her.. yeesh)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 17, 2010, 10:42:22 PM »
Make some other suggestions in the thread, we need more than one option in the poll.

Also on Wed. I'm gonna put up the Boxshot and summary for the movie we will be watching.
so everyone go make suggestions.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 19, 2010, 10:58:48 PM »

The 1st movie up  for the Mystery Funhouse Theater is
Puppet  Master
Mystery Funhouse Theater has already begun

MYSTERY  FUNHOUSE THEATER!!!
Now Playing: Puppet Master

There are 2  ways that you can join us for Puppet Master;
Hulu & Netflix

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 20, 2010, 04:35:00 AM »
Gothic Vampires from Hell - 4/10

Loved the music, but the movie was pretty low budget. The score would have been lower if I hadn't seen

Twilight - 2/10

Atrocious, not only how it rapes and pillages vampire mythos, but that it was a terrible movie with horrendous acting and story. Made me appreciate Gothic Vampires from Hell even more, and made my wait for True Blood to come back to turn into torture.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1229 on: May 20, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »
Wonder Woman (new animated movie): Not bad/10

Hey, it's the first respectable treatment of the character I've seen in a long time. Also, Alfred Molina, so hey.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1230 on: May 20, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
I thought Twilight was pretty good (aside from making vampires sparkle in sunlight, what the hell was that?).

Hal, did you not like how Wonder Woman was treated in the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited shows?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1231 on: May 20, 2010, 01:40:54 PM »
I don't have much experience with that show, but I've heard good things, yeah.

I don't know how--if at all--this new movie hooks up with the established DC Animated Universe continuity. The animation style is similar, but a bit more dynamic.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 20, 2010, 02:14:59 PM »
I don't know how--if at all--this new movie hooks up with the established DC Animated Universe continuity. The animation style is similar, but a bit more dynamic.

While there's really nothing preventing it from being part of the DCAU continuity, officially that continuity ended with Justice League Unlimited.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1233 on: May 20, 2010, 03:04:51 PM »
Yep. Now Time Warner calls any animated movie with DC characters as part of the DC Animated Universe, even if it contradicts something else in it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 22, 2010, 05:31:52 AM »
Baby Blues- 7/10 holy **** another actual horror movie.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 22, 2010, 12:11:34 PM »
Kick-Ass 8.5/10

Nothing like what I expected or was advertised, one scene in particular is beautifully directed, full of powerful imagery it is shockingly appropriate for the situation and simultaneously out of place in the movie. Great movie I might have rated it higher if it actually tried to be a little less funny--some of it seemed forced.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 22, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
Shrek 4: much better than shrek 3, but not all that great. Its kinda dark compared to the other shrek movies..

Oh and rumple is badass. He's insane, my 2nd favorite movie villain, right after Dark Knights Joker!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 22, 2010, 11:44:32 PM »
The Toxic Avenger: 7/10

Not sure what I just watched but I could take my eyes away from it. Had some really gruesome scenes in it, including seeing a kid crawling for his life and a car running over his skull, crushing it. The movie never took itself seriously though, so that added a bit levity to gross.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 22, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »
That movie is HORRIBLE and the 2 of 3 sequels that I've seen are even worse.

I would not have given the 1st one a 7, I would have given it a 5 with a * next to it stating that it was a campy, cheap, 'B' movie that was so bad that you just might enjoy it.... sorta.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 22, 2010, 11:55:59 PM »
The Toxic Avenger is awesome. The sequels are horse ****, but the original is a pretty cool movie if you ask me. The scene GP mentioned absolutely makes me sick, but other than that it's quite fun to watch.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 22, 2010, 11:58:21 PM »
The Animated Series is pure awesome. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 23, 2010, 12:06:22 AM »
That movie is HORRIBLE and the 2 of 3 sequels that I've seen are even worse.

I would not have given the 1st one a 7, I would have given it a 5 with a * next to it stating that it was a campy, cheap, 'B' movie that was so bad that you just might enjoy it.... sorta.

Still far better then Twilight.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 23, 2010, 01:43:27 AM »
Better off Dead My personal favorite of all the 80s teen comedies. John Cusack loses his girlfriend to the hotshot head of the high school ski team and must get his life together to win her back. That's what he wants... right? Four stars

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 25, 2010, 12:17:07 AM »
Saw II - 8/10 - Huh.  Even knowing ahead of time what kind of antagonists would be the focus of the later Saw movies, I didn't see the ending for this movie coming.  Overall, I enjoyed this movie, as it repeated themes of the first movie while still going down its own path.  What brought this one down for me was the artificial stupidity of several of the victims this time (seriously, the girl with the glass box was truly worthy of a Darwin Award).  Even knowing that this series has essentially hits its peak, I'm kind of curious now to see the rest of the movies.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 25, 2010, 05:04:06 AM »
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - 10/10

One of my favorite movies, I just watched for the first time on Blu Ray, 1080p. It made an already great movie even better. Great all the way through, but the last third of it is just perfect; the greatest third of any movie ever. No matter how many times I see it, I always begin to cry at the end, which shows just how much of a crazy Trekkie nerd I am.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: May 25, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »
I've actually been meaning to go back and watch all the Trek movies. I saw 4 on Netflix instant and watched it out of order. Now it seems 3 and 2 on on it as well. I just need the first one on there and I can get underway.

I recall 6 was my favorite when I was younger. I'm interested to see how my tastes have changes now that I am much older.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 25, 2010, 06:29:38 AM »
What's Eating Gilbert Grape 8/10 it was pretty good, i can relate on a lot of levels.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 25, 2010, 06:52:41 AM »
I've actually been meaning to go back and watch all the Trek movies. I saw 4 on Netflix instant and watched it out of order. Now it seems 3 and 2 on on it as well. I just need the first one on there and I can get underway.

I recall 6 was my favorite when I was younger. I'm interested to see how my tastes have changes now that I am much older.

There's no reason to ever watch 1, 5, Insurrection, or Nemesis. 2's fantastic, 6 is fantastic, 4 and First Contact are really good. 3 and Generations are decent enough, and worth watching. 2-3-4 is a bit of a trilogy, but it doesn't really hurt that much to watch them out of order, although watching 3 before 2 could hurt the experience.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 25, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
The Animated Series is pure awesome. ;)

I remember this more than the movie, but i remember liking the movie as a kid..

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 26, 2010, 01:56:00 AM »

There's no reason to ever watch 1, 5, Insurrection, or Nemesis. 2's fantastic, 6 is fantastic, 4 and First Contact are really good. 3 and Generations are decent enough, and worth watching. 2-3-4 is a bit of a trilogy, but it doesn't really hurt that much to watch them out of order, although watching 3 before 2 could hurt the experience.

I'm pretty much in agreement but I would put 4 as also fantastic instead of really good; fun fact: I think there's even a bluray trilogy bundle of 2-4.

You really have to shut your brain off in order to watch the TNG movies, and avoid the Redlettermedia reviews if you want to have any enjoyment of them.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.