Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537824 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #650 on: December 05, 2009, 06:13:57 AM »
Gojira - 8/10

isn't there an enemy in Zelda II named Gojira?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 05, 2009, 10:13:29 AM »
You're thinking of Goryia.  Gojira is another name for Godzilla.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 05, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »
Swingers 9/10

I've seen it probably a half-dozen times now, but it never disappoints.  I'm probably the most annoying person to watch it with because I can't help but say the lines as they're spoken.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 05, 2009, 01:57:12 PM »
You're thinking of Goryia.  Gojira is another name for Godzilla.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I feel llike i knew Gojira was another name for Godzilla too.

Swingers 9/10

I've seen it probably a half-dozen times now, but it never disappoints.  I'm probably the most annoying person to watch it with because I can't help but say the lines as they're spoken.

Not the last movie i've seen but since we're on the subject:

Swingers 0/10

Didn't find it humerous at all, in annoyed the **** outta me... plus a young vince vaughn looks sorta alien-like.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #654 on: December 05, 2009, 03:46:08 PM »
Well I watched part 2 of Turtles Forever and I liked it so I checked on youtube because I missed part 1 and can't wait till next week for part 3.

It is a Turtles fan's dream. Seriously when the 2000 Turtles started this movie is what I though would be nice to see. It has a pretty nice ending too.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 05, 2009, 04:55:14 PM »
Gojira actually is *the* name for Godzilla, is it not?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 05, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
*Imagines a Japanese man pronouncing Godzilla; laughs my ass off*
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 06, 2009, 11:57:09 AM »
Not the last movie i've seen but since we're on the subject:

Swingers 0/10

Didn't find it humerous at all, in annoyed the **** outta me... plus a young vince vaughn looks sorta alien-like.

Probably not your style of humor then.  It's totally classic from where I stand, pretty much laid the foundation for the character Vince Vaughn would play in every comedy he's been in since then.  The scene with them playing NHL '93 (and talking about the removal of fighting in NHL '94) on the Genesis is legendary.

As for Vince Vaughn's looks, the guy seriously needs to drop about 30 pounds nowadays.  Doughnut Vince looks totally ridiculous.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 06, 2009, 12:17:47 PM »
swingers 9/10

half of this thread is score argument, i agree with Lindy on every point. What happened to Thin Vince?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 06, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »
While I agree vince would look better if he lost a few lbs, I still think that the young vince looks creepy cuz his head is as big as it is now but his body looks sickly. He really did look like an alien.

When I saw it I tried to like it cuz I like vince vaughn and could totally see what you mean about it laying the foundation for the type of characters he'd play, but it couldn't draw me in like a more experienced vaughn could. Maybe if I saw the movie when it was released i'd be able to appreciate it some more but where it stands now, it just wasn't funny to me.

Don't get me wrong, there were some moments, like the NHL scene you mentioned or when vince thought the women was flirting with him but she was playing with her infant child, that made me chuckle. The rest of the movie though just felt like overuse of the term "you're so money", "baby", and that other character being annoyingly emo. Then again, that creepy scene when he left 100 messages on on that chicks phone was slightly funny in a disturbing way. Just goes to show how good ajob he did because I truly felt like "wow this guys a pathetic creep" ;)

Aaanyway...

Brothers: 5/10

Completely average movie. Its odd to me that Toby had the best performance considering the rest of the cast.. then again, his stll wasn't that great. At least Natalie Portman looked as beautiful as always.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: December 07, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »
Funny People

Apparently everyone hates this movie but I rather enjoyed it.  It's a little dark and it's out as laugh-out-loud as other Apatow movies, but still enjoyable.

3.5 stars
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 07, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »
I guess vudu and i are in the elite group of people that got the movie and enjoyed it.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 08, 2009, 12:08:45 AM »
Armored - 7/10 - First things first, I didn't watch this movie by choice (mostly).  It was my dad's birthday, we were at the theaters, and he gave me a choice of seeing "Old Dogs" or "Armored".  I chose what I perceived to be the lesser of 2 Evils, and it seems I chose wisely. Armored is pretty average, with a decent cast, decent action, a decent premise, and an average script.  So why the above-average score?  As much as I thought it would, the movie didn't bore me and actually did a good job ratcheting the tension.  I had a modestly entertaining time with a decent caper movie.  It is pretty throwaway, though, and the script has more holes than the Utah Jazz defense.  If you have to see it, you'll enjoy it but you aren't missing anything if you don't.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 12:16:04 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 08, 2009, 05:33:09 AM »
Note: Pardon the double-post, but since it was you guys who even let me know this movie existed I felt I might as well give you a shout-out.

TMNT: Turtles Forever - 9.5/10 -
This movie is such a love letter to anyone who's ever enjoyed the Ninja Turtles.  It's epic, it's extremely funny, and in the end it's a fitting tribute to the franchise and a great way to end an era.  Watching it, I'm actually kind of sad that Nickelodeon's making a new TMNT series in the coming years, because it just feels superfluous.  It was just utter joy seeing the old 1980s Ninja Turtle designs again and even hearing good impersonations at the old voices, especially in contrast to the utterly generic designs of the 2000s series.  My only complaint is that I felt they took a few too many digs at the 1980s Turtles without giving them some sort of redeeming value, something to show that for all the goofiness they're still Ninja Turtles.  As much as I now find the 1980s show stupid and extremely poorly written (and honestly, the 2000s show isn't much better), it certainly had its moments and I was a little annoyed with how stupid everyone from that era acted.  They even took digs at the 1980s April and her silly yellow jumpsuit, but what do we see the next time we see the "right" April from the 2000s show?  She's in a silly yellow jumpsuit, of course.  I don't know, maybe that was supposed to be ironic.  Still, great movie.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 10, 2009, 10:39:53 AM »
Torn Curtain

Cool Hand Luke and Mary Poppins defect to Cold War-era East Berlin to steal nuclear secrets.  Alfred Hitchcock directs.

Not a bad movie.  The plot is very straight-forward and it's easy to guess what's going to happen next.  My biggest complaint is there is zero chemistry between two actors.  They're supposed to be in love but they act more like two strangers who happen to be seated next to each other.  Julie Andrews is not sexy.

Two stars.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 10, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »
You are so money and you don't even know it. Swingers is awesome. So is Made. Subsequent Favs and Vince collaborations have been good by not as strong.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 10, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »
I guess vudu and i are in the elite group of people that got the movie and enjoyed it.

Haha. Yeah right :P
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 10, 2009, 10:26:22 PM »

Haha. Yeah right :P

Hey, i have no beef with you. You also enjoyed [500] Days of Summer

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2009, 03:52:36 AM »
Groundhog's Day

You know those movies that you've watched over and over again but never make it to the end? This was one of those movies....until tonight.

Man...This movie was so great it damn near changed my life. It's perfect in so many ways. I just wish I saw it sooner (well finished it sooner).

10/10
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 11, 2009, 04:37:26 AM »
haha, it came on right after the FX block, i was watching it till Damn commercials broke my mood

10/10 as well. My sister in law was like "what movie is this" and i was like "only the greatest comedy ever made"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:39:27 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 11, 2009, 08:22:06 AM »
I used to recommend that movie to my ex all the time.
She would constantly do the exact same stupid **** and I always told her that she made me feel like I was Bill Murray and this was my Groundhog Day.

To this day I think she has avoided the movie, since I don't think she wants to fully understand what I was saying about her. One of the few reasons why she is an ex.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #671 on: December 13, 2009, 02:01:41 AM »
Well I just finished "It's a Wonderful Life"

I haven't watched it for many years and it is just as great as when I first saw it.

10/10
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 14, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
Saw Where The Wild Things Are today. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting, but then again, I wasn't sure what to expect going in. It was amazing to see what Spike Jonze created out of a book with 48 pages, many of which didn't even have any words. I went to see it with friends, some we whining because it was a "children's movie", which it absolutely isn't. I guess it's more of a movie about children, or at least a movie about childhood.

It was intruiging, imaginative and interesting. Soundtrack was pretty ace too.

8/10.

I also saw Zombieland last week.

I'd probably describe this movie as the American version of "Shaun of the Dead", not as good mind you. The movie is a lot of fun, just not as witty as SotD, although the Bill Murray stuff is among the greatest film I have ever witnessed. One of the best comedies of the year and Emma Stone is a fox.

8/10.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 14, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »
Agreed, emma is a hotty-hotty-yum-yum and i'd let her take a hummer from me any day (pun intended). You're not far from you American Shawn of the Dead comparison, I think I've read interviews stating that was the goal they had in mind. Between bills cameo and Emmas beauty, that movies a10/10

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 14, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
Currently trying to catch up (via the internet) a bunch of old(ish) Disney movies I've been meaning to see for a while, starting with Atlantis: the Lost Empire.  Surprisingly decent, though watching it it's hard to deny the accusations that this movie royally ripped off the 1980s Japanese anime Nadia: the Secret of Blue Water because there's a very anime-ish feeling to the whole movie.  The animation, though, feels cheap by Disney standards (much as Lilo & Stitch did) as if it were made to be Direct-to-DVD.  The plot is, well...typical and predictable with tacked-on side characters, and the voice acting is very average.  Some very good storyboarding towards the end, though, that makes for a very striking last 1/3 of the movie.  8/10

Next up on my docket, Treasure Planet and Atlantis 2: the Search for More Money.  In case you're wondering, the whole reason I'm watching these movies now is because I ignored anything out of Disney after Mulan, Pocahantas, and especially Hercules showed me the company was growing incapable of engaging animated material.  I happened to finally see The Emperor's New Groove and Tarzan a few years back, and it seemed that maybe I missed a few gems along the way so now I'm trying to catch up on what I missed.