Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537589 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »
What if you thought Transformers 2 sucked?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »
What if you thought Transformers 2 sucked?

Then this film is for you.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2009, 09:10:24 AM »
Wow GP and Stogi have something in common...

Is the sky falling?

(The ending of) Meatballs 2: WTF IS THAT!?/10

I've only ever heard of the Meatballs movies (80s comedies) but i've never seen one. Yesterday was the second time i caught the last few minutes of the movie after coming home to eat dinner after work, and each time i reacted the same. WTF IS THAT!? to some weird alien character they called Meathead who wore a buckethat at summercamp... that thing is fucking creepy. Ugh.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2009, 10:15:15 AM »
(500) Days of Summer

I bought into this movie hard, hook, line and sinker.  It was a real rollercoaster of emotions as the film jumps back and forth to different points in a doomed relationship.  Zooey Deschenal is at her most adorable for most of this movie, which makes it hard to watch as she toys with the emotions of Joseph Gordon-Levitt who feels like a very real character.

The movie is funny, moving, and a joy to watch.

A-
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2009, 10:34:37 AM »
(500) Days of Summer

I bought into this movie hard, hook, line and sinker.  It was a real rollercoaster of emotions as the film jumps back and forth to different points in a doomed relationship.  Zooey Deschenal is at her most adorable for most of this movie, which makes it hard to watch as she toys with the emotions of Joseph Gordon-Levitt who feels like a very real character.

The movie is funny, moving, and a joy to watch.

A-

And here I thought I was the only person to watch (or admit they watched) this film. It was a great movie, and as I mentioned earlier the soundtrack compliments it very VERY well.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2009, 10:46:49 AM »
Nah, I'm really into indie (or pseudo-indie) comedies.  I also saw and really really enjoyed Away We Go.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »
You know, I almost saw a free screening for Away We Go back in the Winter but the screening was on a Thursday night and I had to be up very early the next day. It sounded like it'd be a good story so I was dissapointed we didn't get to see it.
It would've been nice to see the advanced screening, then the theatrical release to catch the differences but it seems I've missed my chance; no theatres near me are playing it anymore.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2009, 11:14:32 AM »
When it hits DVD, I'll be sure to pick it up.  I'd recommend the same to you, even for a rental.  It's less quirky and indie than Juno and (500) Days Of Summer.  It feels more grounded than both of those movies, while at the same time delivers very believable, likable characters.  I think I actually enjoyed it a bit more than (500) Days of Summer, but maybe that's because I'm still angry at Zooey's character that movie. 

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2009, 11:40:20 AM »

Is the sky falling?

This isn't the first time this has happened you know. We also like collecting weapons. Though I like collecting Japanese swords while she likes collecting fantasy swords.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the indie darling of the decade. Both Brick and The Lookout were fantastic.  I look forward to 500 Days of Summer.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2009, 02:25:28 PM »
I think I actually enjoyed it a bit more than (500) Days of Summer, but maybe that's because I'm still angry at Zooey's character that movie. 

I'll give it a rent first, definately. Havent seen Juno yet to be honest, and I can't hate or be angry at Zooey's character, she's just too damn pretty. And that singing voice... <3

Is the sky falling?

This isn't the first time this has happened you know. We also like collecting weapons. Though I like collecting Japanese swords while she likes collecting fantasy swords.

I know, the fact that it KEEPS happening is whats scary.. To think, one day she'll realize you have enough in common for her to call you her friend.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2009, 03:32:37 PM »
Ya, but unless the feelings mutual it won't matter much. 8)

EDIT:

The Last House on the Left.

/ 10

This movie wasn't your normal horror flick. It's not about being scared, but rather working up the balls to do what you gotta do; in this case, kill some evil motherfuckers.

It started off slow but got real interesting once the **** hit the fan...but then it got boring again...during the climax mind you. I would have screenplayed it differently with more dramatic dialog.

The ending is straight fucked up. O G status. No cops, no bullshit. Still pretty twisted though, almost Dexter status.

Overall, it was alright to watch but I could live my life happily without watching it again.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:58:38 AM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »
I heard it was.. intense, but i still want to watch the original version first.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2009, 08:15:08 PM »
District 9

Holy balls, this is a great movie. Defies any and all expectations you have going in. Perhaps the best special effects I've ever seen--you will believe these aliens are real.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2009, 02:13:52 AM »
Yes, District 9 is awesome. I love these movies where I have no idea what to expect going in. I thought it was going to be some Planet of the Apes/Alien Nation story clone. Nope. Totally different direction. The effects are full of win. I was worried a bit about the hand cam, but it grows on you and just becomes part of the experience.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »
^good to hear, i'll be seeing it this weekend.

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard 6/10

Not a great movie, but just slightly above average. Some of the dialogue was raunchier than i would've expected, which made it funnier in that "wow i can't believe they went there" type of way. The storyline wasn't great either but geez.. they still somehow managed to let it fall thru. Lots of cliche storytelling moments that were used for run-on gags that felt stale very early on.

All in all it was a decent movie to see with friends or whoever, perhaps you might enjoy it even more if you were to have a few drinks beforehand, but I doubt it's the kind of movie you'll want to see over and over again.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2009, 12:42:20 PM »
The Mist

Involves Thomas "Frank Castle" Jane, so it wins by default. Adapted from an old Stephen King novel, The Mist is about a bunch of small townsfolk stuck in a grocery store while horrible creatures bandy about outside. The creature effects are AWESOME. I loved the designs, especially Cthulhu (at the end!). Very Lovecraftian.

The story itself is just as good, basically showing how all the rules go out the window when fear sets in.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2009, 02:57:15 PM »
The Mist

Involves Thomas "Frank Castle" Jane, so it wins by default. Adapted from an old Stephen King novel, The Mist is about a bunch of small townsfolk stuck in a grocery store while horrible creatures bandy about outside. The creature effects are AWESOME. I loved the designs, especially Cthulhu (at the end!). Very Lovecraftian.

The story itself is just as good, basically showing how all the rules go out the window when fear sets in.

I hear Stephen King later changed the ending of his book to match the ending of the movie because he like it so much more.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2009, 03:21:18 PM »
Maybe it's because I mentioned it earlier...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »
Maybe it's because I mentioned it earlier...

Is that where I heard that? I thought it might have been in this thread, but I thought it was from somewhere else. Must have been a few pages back..... not that I looked.  :-[

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:52 PM »

Not a great movie, but just slightly above average. Some of the dialogue was raunchier than i would've expected, which made it funnier in that "wow i can't believe they went there" type of way. The storyline wasn't great either but geez.. they still somehow managed to let it fall thru. Lots of cliche storytelling moments that were used for run-on gags that felt stale very early on.

All in all it was a decent movie to see with friends or whoever, perhaps you might enjoy it even more if you were to have a few drinks beforehand, but I doubt it's the kind of movie you'll want to see over and over again.

Better or worse than The Hangover IYO?
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2009, 01:47:55 AM »
District 9
To steal and old Maddox joke; cancel the Academy Awards, the contest is over.

District 9 has everything and will become a true Sci Fi classic along the lines of Blade Runner, Alien, Terminator 2 and The Matrix. People have been talking about the effects, **** the effects the story was incredible and so original.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2009, 02:37:35 AM »
The Goods: 8/10

Loved it, but it followed the typical formula for comedies.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2009, 03:06:05 AM »
Race to Witch Mountain- 2/10 bad science fiction, Rock is great though. **** I need to look up the writers....fucking idiots
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2009, 10:01:56 AM »

Better or worse than The Hangover IYO?

Worse.

The Goods: 8/10

Loved it, but it followed the typical formula for comedies.

Lol i agree, but i just felt wrong give it that high of a score.