Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1545325 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2009, 11:53:57 AM »
Hellraiser 5.0 / 10

Maybe it was better when it came out.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2009, 12:25:53 PM »
Hellraiser 5.0 / 10

Maybe it was better when it came out.

It wasn't

House Party: 8/10

This movie was just as entertaining today as it was back in 1990. It's on Comedy Central again right now, and if you haven't seen it before, its a fun movie to watch.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:39:21 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2009, 12:45:37 PM »
HP6: 7/10

Climatic moments seemed a little down played to look more dramatic.  Effects were good.  Story was good. Ending was ok.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2009, 03:19:37 PM »
I'm a little embarassed to say this but...

The ugly truth: 7/10

It wasn't as big a "chick flick" as I thought, in fact if it weren't for the audience it could've even passed for a "romantic comedy" ;)
The reason I scored it so high is simple:

Catherine Heigle having a hilarious orgasm, and a cute "spazz" dance that just makes her character likeable. Gerard butler was good too, since the only otherfilm I've seen him in is 300 and thank god he only has one scene with his shirt off. I finally got to see his acting ability and NOT his chest.
Overall, despite its flaws the movie is enjoyable without being too girly (but be warned it def has its moments!) So fellas, if you have a lady friend that wants to see it: suck it up, you might actually enjoy it.

No more girl flicks tho, at least not in a theatre. All the women in the audience laughed annoyingly and talked way too much. I felt really uncomfortable being 1 of like 6 guys there...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »
If you like Gerard Butler, you should watch RocknRolla. Other than chick flicks, that is the only movie he's done since 300. It's kinda like "Lock stock and two smoking barrells".
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2009, 01:22:48 AM »
Coraline: WTF/10.

It looked great - don't get me wrong.  But it was all so very weird.  I didn't dislike it, but I don't see myself going out of my way to watch it again anytime soon.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2009, 12:52:22 AM »
V for Vendetta 10/10*

Between it's beautifully crafted dialogue, its moral structure, and acting; there's much to like in V. All in all, it feels good to watch a movie of such caliber and still find subtleties you hadn't noticed before.

*a 10 is a movie I could throw on at anytime and no matter how recently I've seen it or how miserable a mood I'm in, and can still enjoy it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:44:24 AM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2009, 01:39:23 AM »
Have you read the book?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2009, 01:44:35 AM »
No I have not. I thought it came from a comic book.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:46:37 AM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2009, 11:03:28 AM »
It did come from a comic book. Whats wrong with you? Can't you accept a comic book in the same regard as a novel? Is prose not prose no matter the form?

:p

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2009, 12:30:51 PM »
Transporter 3

This movie comes in two distinctive parts. One where Frank, once again played by the one and one only Jason Statham comes spades.

The second part is this random Russian named Natalya Rudakova who quite frankly, couldn't act out of a wet paper bag. She is so bad in fact, that when ever she tries to act sexy, I am repulsed and become increasingly so with each addition exposure. By the half way mark, I am more attracted to Jason than this women. Which is weird because I think I finally know what it might be like to be "the gay". That said she does look nice, but only once in a picture that shows up for all of 2 seconds. She is no Izabella Scorupco who plays a Russian but is actually Polish.

I know this is a Transporter movie, but why did I get transported down the rainbow road to Gaysville?

Rated YMCA/10
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
Transporter 3

This movie comes in two distinctive parts. One where Frank, once again played by the one and one only Jason Statham comes spades.

The second part is this random Russian named Natalya Rudakova who quite frankly, couldn't act out of a wet paper bag. She is so bad in fact, that when ever she tries to act sexy, I am repulsed and become increasingly so with each addition exposure. By the half way mark, I am more attracted to Jason than this women. Which is weird because I think I finally know what it might be like to be "the gay". That said she does look nice, but only once in a picture that shows up for all of 2 seconds. She is no Izabella Scorupco who plays a Russian but is actually Polish.

I know this is a Transporter movie, but why did I get transported down the rainbow road to Gaysville?

Rated YMCA/10

Gives us a little insight to what "ooohboy" really means ;)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2009, 08:25:32 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention the effect is fortunately, temporary. I chalk it dow to a learning experience. It's like getting mauled by a really fat and/or ugly chick and it gets to the point your willing to say anything to get away no matter how much alcohol you might have consumed.

I like transporter movies but this really was terrible.

oohhboy is a link back to Quantum Leap if you haven't guessed and i see it as a polite version of oohhshit.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2009, 01:19:02 AM »
Drag Me To Hell: 8.5/10.

Sam Raimi sure knows how to make a fun horror film.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »
The Golden Compass. 6/10. Like Hancock, it would have been a better film if the tone was darker and not blatantly watered down to reach a PG rating.

Drag Me To Hell: 8.5/10.

Sam Raimi sure knows how to make a fun horror film.

This film had me in FITS! I laughed the whole way through it.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2009, 01:16:48 AM »
500 days of Summer: 10/10

Soundtrack was superb, acting talent was incredible/believable, cinematography was beautifully done. Extremely entertaining.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2009, 06:42:36 AM »
The Number 23: 5/10

Interesting premise that unravelled by that weak ending.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »
Funny People

Went into this with an altered set of expectations, as reviews seem to have knocked Apatow down a peg after the last three years of "Apatow-do-no-wrong" film-making in Hollywood.

Despite lowering my expectations, I came out of the movie having seen exactly the film I expected to see based on the trailers, with maybe a few minor criticisms that didn't particularly bother me very much.

For one, people who left this movie surprised at how much of the film was drama vs. comedy, I have to wonder if they never saw the trailer for the film.  It was clearly billed as a dramedy with an emphasis on dramatic moments.  This is exactly what the film was.  Sure, it was even less of a straight balls-out comedy than even I expected, but I was certainly not surprised with what I saw.  The ratio of jokes to dramatic scenes mirrored that of the trailers.

Secondly, the complaints about the scene with Leslie Mann's character (namely that it's too long, and doesn't have nearly enough to do with the main crux of the film - Simmons' illness and subsequent recovery) are valid, but the scene was entertaining enough that it didn't damper my enjoyment of the movie. 

At the end of the day, most of the characters were kind of hard to like, but Rogen's character was pretty great throughout, and did a wonderful job of being a dude who knew he was out of his element, but couldn't quite bring himself to do anything about it because he was having the time of his life.

9/10
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »
Good to hear, I haven't seen this one yet. I read a scathing review of it in a copy of People magazine I happen to come across and I knew it couldn't of been that bad. I don't normally listen to reviews anyway, I was just curious to see what they had to say and at first i thought "wow, really?" That is, until s/he lost ALL credibility when they dropped the F bomb in their little article. I've never once read People magazine before but i never thought it the type to throw f bombs around. Sure this reviewer said it ONCE but if you read it, you'd come away with the same impressions as i did:

This guy just seems angry at the film, its characters or the people behind it. Complete bias.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2009, 11:49:47 AM »
Hitman

There are a lot of similarities between this and Transporter 3. One you have a driver/merc and on the other, you have a special agent trained from birth in a Dark Angle rip-off. They are both bald and both get attached to a female interest. They kill people and both are after whoever set them up.

Two enter, one exits. Guess which?

Hitman is superior alone simply because it handled the female situation far better. Sure the chick starts coming on to him, but deals with it with far more class and this female can actually act.

The action is generic and barely makes much use of ideas from the games. Timothy Olyphant is adequate for the job. He lacks Jason's charisma, but agent 47 didn't have any to begin with.

Rated 5.5/10

Die Hard 4.0 Extended and Uncut.

Today we have a 2 for 1 special on Timothy Olyphant. Bruce Willis is back for some more Yippie Kiyay minus the wife beater which for once would have been pretty funny in one scene.

It's Die Hard, yet it's not. It could have been any action movie, but this just happens to be Die Hard flavored. It's got all sorts of references back to the pervious movies and the like, however it's just not Die Hard for the simple reason that any sense of reality goes off the rails around the half way mark. Every Die Hard before this has always had pretty sound grounding in reality for an action movie.

On the flip side there was a surprising amount of character development for McClane and his sidekick. The characters were pretty believable, the acting was good around.

It would have been a pretty good Die Hard movie if the computers were less magical, the action toned down more towards the plausible, removed the retarded aircraft fight and if McClane did some police work outside of the first quarter of the movie.

Rated 7.5

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2009, 08:52:25 PM »
Dragonball: Evolution 6/10 It wasn't an intelligent movie by any means, but hey even with all the bad press i ended up watching it anyway. too bad fox made it instead of Warner, if warner had made it...it would have been good.

Dragonball: the magic begins 6/10: I watched this years ago actually, but it is way lower budget and bad, but the setting and plot is better. bonus points for including oolong.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2009, 10:30:59 PM »
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog: OH-MY-FUCKING-GOD/10

How the hell have I missed this piece of awesome for so long?

It starts off a little slow, but as soon as Captain Hammer shows up, it picks up like a speeding train.

Watch this if you haven't yet.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2009, 11:14:50 PM »
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog: OH-MY-FUCKING-GOD/10

How the hell have I missed this piece of awesome for so long?

It starts off a little slow, but as soon as Captain Hammer shows up, it picks up like a speeding train.

Watch this if you haven't yet.

I actually bought that on iTunes when it was cheap months ago and haven't watched it. I'm backlogged in every single form of media.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »
I just watched it for free on Hulu. ;)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2009, 11:24:23 PM »
I just watched it for free on Hulu. ;)

Yeah, well my Wii didn't get reset. :P
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent