Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537964 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2009, 04:23:17 AM »
The Boondock Saints

10/10

It's the only the movie I've seen more than the Lion King.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2009, 07:30:13 AM »
Phone Booth: Very tense up until the end when it kinda unravelled with that weak ending. 7/10
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:43:24 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »
Harry Potter and the Half Blooded Prince:  Completely and Utterly Luke Warm. 

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2009, 02:33:48 PM »
The Boondock Saints

5/10

Utterly mediocre, and completely over-hyped by people like Stogi.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2009, 03:37:12 PM »
What is there not to like about that movie? The plot, the characters, the directing? It's all top-notch.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2009, 03:42:43 PM »
The Boondock Saints

5/10

one of the reasons i've yet to see said film
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »
Collateral. The best Tom Cruise movie. Four stars.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
The Boondock Saints

5/10

Your going to trust Vudu; the guy that hates everything?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
Two guys take out the Irish mafia while spewing cliche Biblical phrases while a good cop chases them but has second thoughts about if they're really on the wrong side of the law?  It's a typical action flick, not much better than The Fast & The Furious or Wanted.

Everything is so over the top that it's funny.  But it's hardly a great movie.

FUN FACT:  There's a sequel coming out later this year called The Boondock Saints 2:  All Saints Day.  I wish I was making this up.

(Disclaimer:  I saw the movie once like 5 years ago, so my plot summary may be a bit off.)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »
The Boondock Saints

5/10

Your going to trust Vudu; the guy that hates everything?

No, i was just stating the fact that this is one of those movies people have tried to hype me up to see, and i probably won't enjoy it becuase it'll never live up to expectations. I'll still give it a shot, eventually, and who knows i might even like it.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2009, 05:51:06 PM »
Two guys take out the Irish mafia while spewing cliche Biblical phrases while a good cop chases them but has second thoughts about if they're really on the wrong side of the law?  It's a typical action flick, not much better than The Fast & The Furious or Wanted.

Everything is so over the top that it's funny.  But it's hardly a great movie.

FUN FACT:  There's a sequel coming out later this year called The Boondock Saints 2:  All Saints Day.  I wish I was making this up.

(Disclaimer:  I saw the movie once like 5 years ago, so my plot summary may be a bit off.)

It's the ITALIAN MAFIA you twat, and they're Irish. It's badass. It's also really really funny. It isn't suppose to be a typical action flick and it's not. Your comparisons to Wanted and Fast and the Furious couldn't be any farther off. Those movies sucked balls, with action scenes that are so stupid and over the top that no one believes them. BDS on the other hand is very believable, and that's what makes it great. Furthermore the characters in the movie are way better than those found in even great drama movies. I'd say if any comparison was needed, it is the most like V for Vendetta (which is a great movie).

And there is a reason it's hyped; it's hyped because it's really good; it's hyped because those that see it, end up rewatching it several times.

P.S. The movie makes a fun drinking game too. Just drink everytime they say "****".
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:57:48 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »
Everyone hyped up a ton of other movies for me that i either hated or just plain bored me to death. No one movie can satisfy everyone, so you can't say its hyped because its good.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2009, 07:58:48 PM »
"No one movie can satisfy everyone, so you can't say its hyped because its good."

Ok maybe, but it's ultimately up to you. I'm just saying it's a damn good movie; one of my favorites. We seem to have more than a few things in common, so I'd figure you'd like it.

Watch or not, I really don't care anymore.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »
Hmmmm, I haven't seen B Saints in 10 years or so, but I loved it back then.  If I re-watched it, I don't see any way it could slip below a 7/10 due to the impressive toilet drop KO.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »
"No one movie can satisfy everyone, so you can't say its hyped because its good."

Ok maybe, but it's ultimately up to you. I'm just saying it's a damn good movie; one of my favorites. We seem to have more than a few things in common, so I'd figure you'd like it.

You shouldn't of cared in the first place, thats your problem ;)
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the consideration (thinking i'd enjoy a movie you enjoy because we have a few things in common) but this is something trivial and neither side had to push the issue. My girlfriends sister has netflix now, maybe i'll see if she can rent us BS and i'll give it a shot, see if i like it.

=================================================

Just One of the Guys: 6/10

Cheesey 80s flick about a girl in high school that tries living the life of a teenage boy for a week in order to write a winning article that will be submitted for print in her local news paper. Why a 6? Well the acting is pretty bad all around, but nothing TOO cringe worthy. There is enough entertainment here to keep you from changing the channel, and the main character is pretty cute too! The film basically starts with her in a bikini by her pool, and she doesn't have the body or look of your typical 80s film girls (ie, she doesn't have a flat ass ;)). It's nothing too gratuitis (by any standards) but it's enough to draw you in and think "maybe they'll show off her body again later?" but no, she's dressed up like a dude pretty much the rest of the film and with her hair cut, she kinda ends up looking like a (more?) feminine Ralph Maccio.

This isn't your typical 80s teen sex romp, probably because the lead role is a girl, Sso its not too outrageous (or hilarious like Revenge of the Nerds 8)) but it has its moments, even if the plot doesn't come across as well as it should. This is a movie you'll spend the same time laughing at as you do laughing with, oh and it has William Zapka so you KNOW its good! ;)

Quote from: Quote of the film
Where do you get off having titts!?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2009, 01:00:43 AM »
Watchmen: Need to read the comic/10.

I really wanted to like this.  The whole time I was watching the movie, I kept thinking "This would be really good, if I knew what was going on."
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2009, 01:20:22 AM »
Watchmen: Need to read the comic/10.

I really wanted to like this.  The whole time I was watching the movie, I kept thinking "This would be really good, if I knew what was going on."

I was gonna type up pretty much the same thing this morning. I held off as I watched the movie a second time(because I slept through half of it the first time) and then skipped back to scenes of explanation...

I was gonna rate it as :)/10
and state that I didn't really get it, but it seemed like if I did, I would really like it.

p.s. This is a long movie 2hr43min and most of the 1st hr& 20min is about stuff that didn't seem to needed in the movie.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:23:49 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »

You shouldn't of cared in the first place, thats your problem ;)
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the consideration (thinking i'd enjoy a movie you enjoy because we have a few things in common) but this is something trivial and neither side had to push the issue. My girlfriends sister has netflix now, maybe i'll see if she can rent us BS and i'll give it a shot, see if i like it.

=================================================

Just One of the Guys: 6/10

Cheesey 80s flick about a girl in high school that tries living the life of a teenage boy for a week in order to write a winning article that will be submitted for print in her local news paper. Why a 6? Well the acting is pretty bad all around, but nothing TOO cringe worthy. There is enough entertainment here to keep you from changing the channel, and the main character is pretty cute too! The film basically starts with her in a bikini by her pool, and she doesn't have the body or look of your typical 80s film girls (ie, she doesn't have a flat ass ;)). It's nothing too gratuitis (by any standards) but it's enough to draw you in and think "maybe they'll show off her body again later?" but no, she's dressed up like a dude pretty much the rest of the film and with her hair cut, she kinda ends up looking like a (more?) feminine Ralph Maccio.

This isn't your typical 80s teen sex romp, probably because the lead role is a girl, Sso its not too outrageous (or hilarious like Revenge of the Nerds 8)) but it has its moments, even if the plot doesn't come across as well as it should. This is a movie you'll spend the same time laughing at as you do laughing with, oh and it has William Zapka so you KNOW its good! ;)

Quote from: Quote of the film
Where do you get off having titts!?

Wow.  Totally forgot about that movie.  Another plus is it has Johnny from Karate Kid.  Just found this clip.  A classic lunchroom seem that 17 Again pretty much ripped off, minus the laughs.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2009, 05:57:57 PM »
I watched all the Harry Potters in one night then saw the 6th earlier this week. I give the series a 9.3 out of 10. They are really good and I went from not caring about HP and never seeing or reading them to wanting to know and sucked into the story of it.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2009, 06:07:25 PM »
Coraline: 7/10

This movie may be rated PG but its not exactly for little kids. Its a dark story disguised behind 3-D claymation. It even had an almost nude woman who was showing 95% more skin than clothing. It was entertaining, but a little twisted, and seems to hit kind of a middle ground between the parents bringing their kids to watch it and the kids that wanted to see it.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2009, 09:02:31 PM »
Coraline: 7/10

This movie may be rated PG but its not exactly for little kids. Its a dark story disguised behind 3-D claymation. It even had an almost nude woman who was showing 95% more skin than clothing. It was entertaining, but a little twisted, and seems to hit kind of a middle ground between the parents bringing their kids to watch it and the kids that wanted to see it.

I'd give it the same rating, unless you have the 3D glasses, which I'd then raise it to an 8/10.  The theater I was at pulled it off really well, and the animation went perfect with it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2009, 09:47:31 PM »
I didn't see it in 3-D unfortunately, but saw many scenes that I thought would have looked really good in 3-D.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »
I didn't see it in 3-D unfortunately, but saw many scenes that I thought would have looked really good in 3-D.

It was pretty trippy, especially the rain and foliage.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2009, 09:48:55 AM »
D Average: I mentioned the movie featuring "Johnny" from the karate kid, i was just hoping people would be curious enough to click the link to his IMDB page. He was the quintessential asshole/bully in 80s movies, VH1's I Love the 80's even had to devote a minute or two of their show(s) just to him!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2009, 11:26:10 AM »
Bruno. WTF out of 10. I was bored stiff, and if i wanted an assault of bums and willy i'd go on the internet. I walked out about half way through.