Author Topic: Why the E3 Snub Is What We Should All Want   (Read 9464 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Why the E3 Snub Is What We Should All Want 
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »
When people talk about mainstream press from E3 I honestly don't think it is as significant as people think. I live in LA where the local press drops by for a bit, interviews people and we see it all on the TV later that night. I used to flip through the news stations seeing what they had to say about E3 and what a waste of time that was. Like I said in another thread the only time the press has really focused on video games is when it's something about violence ruining our children or when Wii Sports, Fit and Kinect were introduced. Before and after they give like a 5th of second devoted to what happened at E3 and then real news.

People talk about Nintendo being in their own bubble, but everyone who thinks an E3 presentation turns the general population towards gaming is only kidding themselves. The only people who care about E3 is us, the core gamer. Even people who call themselves gamers aren't even aware of its existence let alone the casuals.

With all that said Nintendo is going to be there with new games and announcements. Tell me with a straight face you want to sit through sales data, lame jokes, and on stage demos? They slow the entire thing down while 99% of us complain they don't move faster cause we just want to see what's next. If Nintendo has a prerecorded message, detailing everything that's coming with back to back trailers and service announcements lit up on the screen in the Nokia theater with all the sales nonsense done else where why would anyone not like that and assume any of that will ONLY be revealed during a Nintendo Direct?

Seriously use your brains. If this is Nintendo "throwing in the towel" or the start of Nintendo losing the vast amount of mainstream press that comes from E3(LAUGHS!!!) I will unhappily eat crow.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:09:59 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 08:01:50 PM »
Tell me with a straight face you want to sit through sales data, lame jokes, and on stage demos? They slow the entire thing down while 99% of us complain they don't move faster cause we just want to see what's next.

Now they can do 90 minutes worth of Reggie/Iwata skits while scrolling the year's game announcements along the bottom of the screen. Win-win.

Iwata: Reggie, the milk? [shakes empty jug] Why didn't you buy some more yesterday?
Reggie: [throws hands up, then goes back to watching Jerry Springer]

[ticker] Wii U Music Announced. PS4 and Xbox 4 Sales Hovering Around Zero; 'Will Sony/Microsoft Go Third Party?', Analysts Wonder. Pokemon-Related Seizures Top 200k, Worst Since 1999. Syrian Rebels Enjoying Mustard Gas BLT. [/ticker]

Iwata: [walks over to sofa] But you promised! [slaps coffee mug out of his hand]
Reggie: Hey, you can't do that! Don't you know who I am?
Both: [laughter]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:22:38 PM by Zap »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 08:25:57 PM »
Tell me with a straight face you want to sit through sales data, lame jokes, and on stage demos? They slow the entire thing down while 99% of us complain they don't move faster cause we just want to see what's next.

Now they can do 90 minutes worth of Reggie/Iwata skits while scrolling the year's game announcements along the bottom of the screen. Win-win.

LOL, I hate to say that I would probably enjoy that
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pandaradox

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
I hope this works like it should. 

When everything is bunched together, it becomes a ranked list of games/announcements.  I think doing the shorter bursts will help separate everything so they're not competing as much for the spotlight.  It's like the prize at the bottom of the cracker jack box.  Too many prizes at once can be bad.

I just want me some games.  Nintendo's the Willy Wonka of gaming, so naturally, they're going to get criticized regardless.