Author Topic: Episode 515: The 22 Billion Yen Friend Code  (Read 2314 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 515: The 22 Billion Yen Friend Code
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »

DeNA worked hard to create a system leveraged on Friend Codes, Miitomo, and Twitter followers to make adding Switch friends feel like alchemy.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/44365/episode-515-the-22-billion-yen-friend-code

We're back with nary a Zelda reference in sight! That wasn't the plan, but with so many new titles to talk about, Link's adventure didn't make the cut. James starts off with a look at Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, the newest entry in the Shovel Knight series. He also has thoughts on replaying the other two Shovel Knight campaigns using the Switch and its non-D-Pad. Jon and Greg are both playing Blaster Master Zero. Greg has thoughts on the limitations imposed on the 3DS version, while Jon is playing it on Switch and having Pro Controller problems. Guillaume wraps up New Business with one of James' favorite games of last year (and recent addition to the Switch library), the Wii U version of the programming simulator Human Resource Machine.

After a break it's Listener Mail. Topics this week include: the future of Zelda, Retro's meat choices, and how to Nintendo your decision making process. You can send us your email via the inbox, but unlike Nintendo please ensure you enclose all required components.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 515: The 22 Billion Yen Friend Code
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 02:25:39 AM »
I'd love for James to read my own impressions of Specter of Torment. I actually have a thread in the console discussion forum, but I'm not gonna spit that diatribe out. Long story short, I'm pretty on-page with James' opinion.

I gladly payed the full $25 though because someone has to keep the lights on over at Yacht Club... and yeah, I play Shovel Knight all the time at work in between deliveries since I have little to do other than sitting at the bar on dead days.

Also, why does Greg get all the Food analogy Emails?

Also, you don't have my retroactive suggestion Email still?

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 08:26:35 AM »
The Shovel Knight talk was interesting. I kind of have mixed feeling on the game. Technically it is really good,  but the difficulty really puts me off. I got 5 stages in and stopped playing because I was so bad at it.

Just for background information, Im someone who has never finished any of the old Mario games or even a single stage of Megaman 2 (the only one I have played). I also usually prefer to play games on easy.

I generally like 2D platformers, but difficulty really puts me off in games. I just want to have fun playing them, not get frustrated because Im not good enough.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:43:23 PM »
I've been planning on getting Blaster Master Zero, but I've been so busy with Zelda, Bomberman, World of Goo, and Human Resource Machine that I haven't gotten to it yet.

I would really like to know if anyone else is having or not having the button sticking thing Jon was talking about because that would be a deal breaker for me. Please if you have it chime in and let me know if that's happening to you.
Thanks

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:06:52 AM »
James this episode:

"Yo dawg, I heard you like friend codes.

So we put friend codes in your friend codes, so you can add friends while you add friends".

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 04:21:45 PM »
send your joy con to nintendo. I sent mines and they gave me free over night shipping.

I got mines back in 3 days!

Also for Blaster Master Zero and pro controller. Sucks that there is a bug but why are you using the stick!!?!! lol. That d pad is freaking amazing!