Author Topic: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water | Coming to NA Fall 2015  (Read 25975 times)

Offline SgtFlowers

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal Frame for Wii U (Zero : Nuregarasu no Miko) | 2014/09/27 (JPN)
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 12:51:55 PM »
I'm not sure where to begin with that question, Perm, but I'm pretty sure Silent Hills is now in a void of its own.
It's there to get away from the last few Silent Hill games Konami has pushed out.

I'm very happy to see This title coming over, never played a fatal frame but i'm willing to give this one a go.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal Frame for Wii U (Zero : Nuregarasu no Miko) | Coming to NA!
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40480/fatal-frame-v-gets-a-title

Now an official title with a target release date of this Fall.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
It's unfortunate they didn't show anything of this during the presentation - not even a teaser or title shot. Easily one of my most highly anticipated games coming from Nintendo.  I'm excited to hear more - especially a more specific release date.
NNID: ejamer

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Project Zero 5 is on treehouse now, lights turned down, suicide inbound, hide your chillun hide your wife.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Holy **** this is dark, I'm speechless... and Nintendo is publishing this?! No English voice acting as of yet though, wouldn't be surprised if it was just subtitles considering how niche it is.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
The Treehouse Live segment was really good. The archive should be coming by the end of the day.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXP0UCh2-NE

Treehouse Live demo. It's a good watch.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal Frame for Wii U (Zero : Nuregarasu no Miko) | 2014/09/27 (JPN)
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 07:40:18 AM »
so have any of the fatal frame people seen silent hills, or are they in the nintendo void now?

This game was developed by Koei-Tecmo alongside Nintendo SPD. The previous game was developed by Grasshopper alongside Tecmo and Nintendo.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Re: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water | Coming to NA Fall 2015
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 09:13:08 AM »
Another case of not wanting to watch the Treehouse event because I want to go into the game knowing relatively little... but really like reading the comments here, as they only increase my anticipation for this release.   ;D

I'm a little bit surprised at how little publicity this game is getting. It's bound to be an under-appreciated gem in the Wii U library.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 10:39:07 AM »
Every Wii U game is under appreciated, considering the sales of the console.

The gameplay just made me want this more. I'm looking forward to playing this with my girlfriend.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »
Another case of not wanting to watch the Treehouse event because I want to go into the game knowing relatively little... but really like reading the comments here, as they only increase my anticipation for this release.   ;D
That's how I feel about Treehouse Live in general.  It's cool that they show as much as they do but it's more than I want to see of the game.  I watched 5-10 minutes of Star Fox then turned it off because I didn't want to see too much.  Same thing with Fatal Frame, I watched about two minutes of the video afterwards and it looks good but that was enough for me to know I'm interested and didn't want to see more.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 11:52:00 PM »
The game looks beautiful. Anyone hoping for a pre-order bonus of one of the previous games like we got for Bayonetta?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2015, 03:39:56 AM »
The game looks beautiful. Anyone hoping for a pre-order bonus of one of the previous games like we got for Bayonetta?

While there is an EU version of Fatal Frame 2 for Wii, Fatal Frame 4 (Wii) is Japan only. I have doubts that we will see either game as a bonus.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2015, 04:38:38 AM »
I'm not up on Fatal Frame, but I am excited for this game. What's the story with Fatal Frame 1 , 2, and 3? Wan't Fatal Frame 1 for the PS1?

Offline sudoshuff

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »
Can anyone give a basic summary of what this game is about (I've never played the series).  It looks like Pokemon Snap meets RE.  Do you solve environmental puzzles?  Is it really linear or more open exploration?  I would watch the Treehouse segment, but I'm afraid of seeing too much of the game.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »
Hmm, a good way to think of it is that Fatal Frame is sort of like Resident Evil 4 except the only weapon you have is a ghost-killing camera. I can't say much to how many environmental puzzles there are or the scale and scope of the game. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Offline sudoshuff

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »
Thanks, Enner.  The atmosphere it invokes is definitely up my alley.  I'm very curious to hear how fun the actual gameplay is when it comes to NA.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 09:49:04 AM »
I played the fan translated version of Fatal Frame 4 on a hacked Wii and I loved it. It wasn't the typical horror adventure type game. There was a kind of collection meta game where you would photograph sneaky hidden out of the way ghosts and the combat felt satisfying.

It's a shame Nintendo won't get it translated and offer it on Wii virtual console.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2015, 09:21:34 AM »
Remember that gorgeous special edition that will be available in Europe?

NoA has decided to go digital only. No special edition needed, because there is no retail release at all. This is better than either of the Fatal Frame entries on Wii, but still much worse than every other region.

Anyone else massively disappointed?
Should I just lower expectations far enough that disappointment isn't an option any longer when NoA is involved?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2015, 09:23:02 AM »

I'm truly bummed out.

From the news:

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, co-developed by Koei Tecmo Games, launches exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U on Oct. 22 for $49.99, just in time for Halloween. Players can download this free-to-start game and play the prologue, chapter 1 and most of chapter 2 for free. The full version of the game can be purchased as DLC directly from the Nintendo eShop or via the in-game menu.

Just goes to show, desperate Nintendo is the best Nintendo the Nintendo that still doesn't believe in its hardcore audience but hey we gotta release something so we might as well release this, but give it the absolutely minimum promotion possible.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2015, 09:39:28 AM »
Who thought this was a good idea? Maybe the digital future is closer than I hoped.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »
Nintendo of America doesn't care about Fatal Frame people...

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2015, 11:01:36 AM »
Just goes to show, desperate Nintendo is the best Nintendo the Nintendo that still doesn't believe in its hardcore audience but hey we gotta release something so we might as well release this, but give it the absolutely minimum promotion possible.

Frankly, I'm hoping the internet throws a hissy fit and NoA backs off from the digital only distribution.

I mean, NoA are publishing retail copies for Devil's Third (which I'm glad about and had planned to buy, despite it looking pretty terrible) but not for something that is cool and unique, has reviewed well in Japan and previewed well elsewhere. How does that even make sense? Fatal Frame doesn't project to be a huge seller, but could they really not do some kind of limited retail release through the Nintendo website, or by partnering with a retailer like GameStop?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
I was really set on buying this for the holidays. I'll eventually get it if it is digital only but, geeze, why do that when it is physical in EVERY OTHER REGION and Europe gets an awesome special edition.

I almost wish NoA got assimilated into NoE and they became Nintendo of the Western World. Their leadership is way more on point right now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2015, 02:58:32 PM »
Considering Wii U's status as a struggling console possibly getting replaced next year, I'm hardly surprised. Nintendo of America probably views this the same way it viewed the Operation Rainfall titles. Niche games will always be a tougher sell. A digital-only release is better than nothing though that's more of a consolation prize than a silver lining. I can't blame people for being disappointed.