Author Topic: Splatoon 2  (Read 24933 times)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon 2
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2018, 05:30:45 AM »
Because they turn into a fluid? I get it! lol I know a lot of guys like myself use the girl inkling & you can freely change back & forth in the settings so I suppose it fits.

Mission...complete?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
https://mashable.com/2017/08/22/splatoon-2-trans-lgbt-posts/#bsk5QonTUOqo

One of the posts from that time was basically that, lol!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »
Octo Expansion releases tomorrow night June 13, 2018 in NA.

More Splatoon Amiibo on their way.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:07:22 PM by Linkle Link »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2018, 12:16:23 AM »
Not sure if that makes me wanna get back into Splatoon 2 or extend my hiatus. Still enraged after that TMNT double splatfest period.

May have to add some amiibo though...Using the two inklings I have now for saved outfits in Splatoon 2.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:21:03 AM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »
I didn’t feel this warranted it’s own thread, but Ninjala looks to be embracing a similar look and feel to Splatoon:
https://youtu.be/anIpkQ3H5S4
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2018, 01:10:57 AM »
I see what you mean. I wanna say there's potential for a crossover down the line if it does well but...aren't humans extinct in Splatoon's lore?
Mission...complete?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2018, 10:41:16 AM »
I'd gotten out of Splatoon 2 due to the upcoming $20 gate on the multiplayer & the SP just not clicking with me. However, with the Octo Expansion being completely SP content, I got back in over the last few days.

The Octo expansion stages are generally very well-done, with some exceptions. I hate the "pop all the balloons/crates before time runs out" or "defend the orb" stages because they require a degree of precision neither the Switch joycons nor Splatoon 2's controls are really designed to accommodate. I find the timer stages in general extremely stingy on the time. I cleared 2 of them with a 1/3 of a second remaining on the clock.

I managed to get all the Mem cakes, and overall I thought these shorter, bite-sized challenges fit Splatoon better than the sprawling 15-20 minute stages of the maim game.

And then the Octo Expansion suddenly thinks it's Portal 2, and it keeps going. Suddenly, Nintendo feels the need to scratch that "terrible mandatory stealth" itch they frequently get in their games. Then there's a rough boss fight that needed more checkpoints.

And then the Expansion STILL keeps on going with a final "pop the balloons" stage I would have enjoyed a lot more if this wasn't the 2nd fakeout ending the game did in the last several hours. But I beat it.

Likewise, I also completed my first Splatfest in ages, and if No Pulp doesn't win the pulpularity contest I'll be shocked. I played the game for 5 hours straight grinding through matches, and I saw MAYBE 8 Pulp Teams.

The Splatfest reminded me how exceptionally grindy Splatoon 1 & 2 are. I played  Turf War for 5 hours straight with Boosters, and I only got from Levels 4 - 9. I'm also kind of shocked how bad people still are at this game. I hadn't played Splatoon 2 in months and I was always by far the lowest leveled player on my team with the worst equipment. I didn't know these new stages.

I still averaged around 1,000 points a match and was almost always the top player on my team. And no matter how good you are, the maximum # of Splat points you can get a match is 2 if the rest of your team sucks.
 Good grief.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:34:40 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2018, 12:20:07 PM »
I still averaged around 1,000 points a match and was almost always the top player on my team. And no matter how good you are, the maximum # of Splat points you can get a match is 2 if the rest of your team sucks.
 Good grief.

Splatoon's MMR system (the power ratings you get at the start of a match) is such a mystery I almost can't really trust it.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
I love this game, but the matchmaking for anything Turf War is just straight up inadequate too much of the time (Ranked isn't the best either). It often seems like the team that loses is the one that got saddled with a player that is way beneath everyone else in the lobby in terms of skill and can't contribute much (and it's obviously not even their fault). It's basically 4 vs. 3 at that point.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »
Yeah, aside from playing with a full lobby of friends, there's really no getting around it.

I thought switching to ranked would be an escape but between playing with teammates that don't seem to no that you have to be on the tower to make it move & the one guy that brought the Rainmaker back to our own base,  eh. At least with Turf War I don't have to watch in dismay as my B slowly turns back into a C.
Mission...complete?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2018, 10:10:00 PM »
Finally got around to finishing the Splatoon 2 Single Player.

Well...that was underwhelming compared to the 1st game's SP and ESPECIALLY compared to the Octo Expansion stages. There's just no spark of creativity in any of the stages, and the stages felt more like weapon tutorials than well-crafted, imaginative platform gauntlets. Even the Final Boss can't manage to drum up any amount of energy for what's going on.

Meh.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2018, 12:36:53 AM »
Wait. It's even less fun than the original's? I couldn't bring myself to finish that one...
Mission...complete?

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2018, 02:14:16 AM »
Hmm, I enjoyed the Hero mode in Splatoon 2 more compared to Splatoon since there's a lot more variety and elements to mess around. Playing the levels over with different weapons shows the little ways they modify the levels to accommodate the different weapon type. That, and I forgive some of the Hero mode's shortcomings as I assume Nintendo EPD designed the difficulty curve to be able to be finished by a lot of people. Fair enough criticism to find the offering tired.

EDIT: Also, PULP!